Paycom Reviews

Reset

Why does anyone leave? Don't drink the Kool-Aid

Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

Pros

Catered lunches, clear cut upward mobility, get what you put into it, $1 health insurance, amazing work culture, everyone is super friendly

Cons

You'll never leave Oklahoma because you'll never leave Paycom. (I want to leave Oklahoma)

Advice to Management

Give TL's some clear instructions on how to direct new hires in training, and if you do already, make sure TL's are communicating this to the new hires.

Jun 11, 2015 – Representative

Thank you for your review and advice. We value you and wish you the best of luck as you continue to develop your career!

Better than I expected!

Current Employee - Paycom
    Current Employee - Paycom

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In Oklahoma City there is a lot of Oil and Gas opportunities that come and go. I love the stability that Paycom can offer. The perks are amazing with a beautiful facility delicious lunches (only $4) and most of my team takes advantage of the boot camp at lunch! Everyone here smiles and is very happy. The leadership group is so encouraging and motivating to everyone. They offer very progressive compensation plans as you finish your training programs and take on more. I love seeing all of the employee referrals that start. You want to be friends with the people you work beside so it is great that Paycom recognizes this and they pay a $500 referral fee! I have already earned $1000!! Our sales force is so impressive. They are some of the smartest and most strategic minded professionals I have ever seen. I wish I could sell because I would want to be one of them for the money and just to be part of that team!

Cons

Compared to my last company this place is amazing and I really can't think of anything that I would consider a con. If I have to write something I would say maybe create another exit from the facility so it isn't so busy at the end of the day.

Advice to Management

Keep doing whatever it is that you have been doing to make this company great!

review

Former Employee - Designer in Marina del Rey, CA
    Former Employee - Designer in Marina del Rey, CA

Pros

Growth, good benefits, on the job training.

Cons

Corporate politics, location, in the box thinking.

Advice to Management

Allow more freedom to employees. Put in a running track.

5. Software Developer 1

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stillwater, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stillwater, OK

I worked at Paycom (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a great place to work.

Cons

There are no problems with the company. No disadvantages at all.

Advice to Management

No advice to the management.

Senior Paycom Specialist

Former Employee - Senior Payroll Specialist in Edmond, OK
    Former Employee - Senior Payroll Specialist in Edmond, OK

I worked at Paycom (More than 3 years)

Pros

Benefits and advancement opportunity. Culture and Value

Cons

Stressful and experiential management. Needs more research on management styles and decision making.

Very rewarding career, if you work hard

Former Employee - Transition Specialist Representative
    Former Employee - Transition Specialist Representative

Pros

- Good pay for college grads: Salary + Commissions + Car/Phone Allowance - Lots of travelling and working with smart, fun, and hard-working people - You will learn a lot about the payroll/HR software industry - You will grow a lot professionally working with a variety of businesses and speaking with many different company execs

Cons

- Work piles up fast and you can get stuck in repeat 60+ hour work weeks - Lots of finger-pointing and people avoiding blame when things go wrong. You will need to get good at defending yourself. - Lack of specialists with more-than-basic technical skill and attention to detail, need to explain what needs to be done very clearly and even then mistakes are made which you'll have to take blame for when the customer notices.

Advice to Management

- Need more technical teams, or specialists who actually like doing technical work. Setup specialists are either lacking in skill or not willing to do technical work. Some are good, most are mediocre and do the minimum work required only. - Managers need to pay more attention to overworked staff and find solutions or push harder to hire additional team members. - Senior Management is very good and really do listen to employees and customer feedback.

Jun 11, 2015 – Representative

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to let us know the things we are doing great at and the areas where you see improvements can be made. Your review has been sent to members of senior ... More

A company that I am proud to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

We have some of the best perks around. We are growing when other companies are laying off and reducing compensation plans. Our value proposition to employees is extremely strong (we promote from within, our training programs are top notch, our comp plans reward those who commit themselves to life long learning and personal development). In the Midwest we are a software company competing at the national level to dominate the Human Capital Management industry. I am a person who thrives on the passion and enthusiasm or our leaders. They don't have to be here because financially they are all set for life, but they continue to show up and push themselves to be better. Our Executives love to see the rest of us grow and have success. Our CEO plays basketball and has lunch with all of the employees!!! People get promoted almost every month. I know this because at our monthly luncheons and quarterly company meetings we recognize them along with work anniversaries and birthdays. I have worked other places and Paycom is by far the best culture! Where else does the entire company get an all expense paid trip to a 5 star hotel with awards, a concert and all kinds of fun events for an evening?

Cons

People still don't know about us. Our brand isn't strong enough yet for people to understand who we are and what we can offer them professionally. Our marketing needs to be bigger locally and nationally. The oil and gas companies are laying off and yet people are still applying with them rather than Paycom- that is our fault! If we want to grow spend the money to let people know about us! I want people to be excited about me working at Paycom rather than my friends who are at the other places in town.

Advice to Management

I believe and I have worked at several other large companies that our management team is one of the strongest around at the very top. Internal promotions are amazing but don't be afraid to bring in new blood, even if they rock the boat a little, new ideas and perspective is always good. Continue to focus on growth and start to evolve with the growth. Some of our ways might have worked at 500 employees but if we want to really explode we might reconsider some or our hiring practices and marketing limitations. I am excited to see where we are in 5 years!

No Work-Life Balance

Former Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Executive Sales Representative in Tampa, FL

I worked at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Pay, Great Benefits and perks. Jeff York is a great VP of Sales! Great commission structure.

Cons

You are worked to the bone, high pressure both on you, and on your clients. The Sales Managers really differ from one to the next, I had a one that was a total work-a-holic, and expected the same. When you are doing well this is a great place, but if not it's extremely stressful. If you need outside sales experience you can get it here, but not a place for established sales people. The people that work for this organization are also very superficial, and are not very friendly. Also seems like management has no trust, they need to track every minute of your day. You are forced to come in before and after all appointments, no flexibility at all. Be prepared to never leave work behind, constant phone calls and texts from management late night and on the weekends. Can't have time off if you aren't 100% of plan. Can only be promoted if you are wiling to relocate.

Advice to Management

Give your reps more room to breathe, no need to track every minute of the day. Let your employees have time off, without guilt.

Jun 11, 2015 – Representative

Our commission structure is great and for that reason, we do have lofty expectations for our sales reps. Work-life balance is important to us. We strive to reach a cohesive relationship with ... More

Employees are important at Paycom

Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Programmer Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, good pay, fun environment where employees are treated with respect and appreciation.

Cons

Tend to hire young college graduates over older experienced workers.

Great company with great leaders!

Current Employee - Senior Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Senior Paycom Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Paycom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay is Great Low Stress 9 months out of the year Constant Training Great Culture Great leaders Family Feel to the culture OT opportunity if you aren't afraid of work and by work I mean sitting behind a desk in an air conditioned building. Catered Lunches Monthly luncheons (free) Training Support Opportunity for advancement for those that work hard.

Cons

Nov-Jan are the only stressful months Hours(if you don't like to work that is)

Advice to Management

Awesome job! Great Leaders and Supervisors like Jason and Alison are awesome to work with! Chad (C Ray that is) is by far the best person I've ever had the pleasure to work for. He inspires his department to do better and makes us feel like family. He makes us proud to be part of such an amazing company.

May 4, 2015 – Representative

We are so glad to read your review about our leadership. Leadership is a driving force for our organization and something that we place a large emphasis on. We greatly appreciate you taking the time ... More

RSS Feed </> Embed