Paylocity Reviews

Reset
4.6
Paylocity President & CEO Steve Beauchamp
Steve Beauchamp

Pros
  • and insists upon a healthy work-life balance (in 16 reviews)

• Great work life balance, and great work from home policy (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Some growing pains but nothing that is too painful (in 9 reviews)

• I have nothing bad to say about this company (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Amazing Job! Wait, not a job.. a career!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Arlington Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Arlington Heights, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Positive work environment - GAME ROOM!! - Great pay and benefits - Friendly and helpful co-workers - Top-notch training - Great opportunity for advancement

Cons

There are no cons to speak of. This company is exactly what I need!

Advice to Management

Management at this company is fantastic, you never feel like you are inconveniencing them or bothering them. They are always willing to help you and will never say "no" to assist.

National Sales Support Representative

Current Employee - Former National Sales Support Representative in Arlington Heights, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Throughout a few year tenure with Paylocity, there were times I had recruiters from other organizations calling me and trying to recruit me for their companies. While I was generally not in the market for a new job, occasionally I would hear them out. While there were some good recruiting pitches, at the end of the day I've stuck with Paylocity for a multitude of reasons. I've stuck around because Paylocity is the most flexible, compatible, and enjoyable work environments I've ever been a part of. The environment is unlike any other. The National Sales Support, Inside sales department, hosts close to 50 people now. It's a really fun environment as it is technically entry-level, there are many people that join the team as their first or second job straight out of college. Many of my peer co-workers have now become great friends outside of work as well. Management keeps the environment fun, with daily/weekly/monthly bonuses to earn even more money, as well as lots of fun company outings (golf outing, company picnics, company softball team, etc) There are lots of incentives awarded to those that work hard to yield even higher compensation. As an entry level position, the base salary as is, is pretty acceptable. If you continue to meet minimum job requirements, you can earn a very reasonable salary. This is one of the few entry level jobs where the top salespeople can easily earn 2.5 - 3 times the salary. Yes, you must work really hard to get there, but the money is there to be made if the effort is. I really like the management and management style at Paylocity. You will NOT be micromanaged provided you can meet minimum job requirements. The management is flexible with time off requests, and very understanding overall. In all honesty I haven't ever had a better boss, all things considered. I can say the managers and director are just as much of a friend/peer to me, as they are someone I report to. The room for career growth is very real. Since I started at Paylocity - we've jumped from 300 to 1000+ employees in just a few years. We have a superior product that sells itself, which makes sales easier. As we continue to rake in sales, we create more jobs to expand our ever growing environment. Management really is looking out for you and trying to help you move your career along. They spend a lot of the budget resources hiring outside sales classes and trying to do everything they can to make your time at Paylocity as good as possible. Overall, there are very few companies out there on par with Paylocity. A company this successful, growing the way it is, with a great supporting cast of employees is hard to find. I consider myself lucky to have found Paylocity when I did, and am ecstatic to see myself starting to rise through the ranks.

Cons

The highs are high and the lows are low. This would seem to go for sales jobs anywhere though. When you have a good day, week, month, it's easy to go into cruise control and lose a bit of focus, and find yourself spending too much time playing ping pong or foosball in one of Paylocity's gamerooms. Alternatively, it can be quite frustrating when a day or two goes by, and you are doing everything you can to make your numbers, but a sale can not be made. I suppose that's just the variance of being a sales person. Dial requirements can be a bit of a pain. However, they are there for a reason, and it has been proven to work for dozens of people in the past. If you are below Quota, there is an expected daily dial requirement to ensure you are making the most of your daily opportunities. Alternatively, if you are at year-to-date numbers, dial requirements become more of a suggestion then a necessity. However, at the end of the day, QUOTA is what matters for sales jobs. If you exceed Quota, you will not be micromanaged.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Keep the friendly, fun environment, and continue to run contests for employees to earn big cash bonuses, or paid time off days. I have nothing bad to say about management. They are always there when you need them. They are there as resources, and they are extremely helpful. I never feel like I am inconveniencing them when I have a question or need help on a specific project. It's easy to see why Paylocity has grown so much so quickly. When you have an outstanding management team running the show, it makes a lot of sense why so many people not only want to work here, but stay employed at Paylocity year after year.

3. Account Manager

Pros

Work life balancce Great work atmosphere Bring your whole self to work Lax dress code Friendly management So many opprotunities

Cons

NONE this company is amazing

Advice to Management

keep hiring amazing people!

Incredible company!

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The culture is amazing, you get treated like an adult, which is amazing. The people are great and we are always up on the latest technologies.

Cons

I have worked for Paylocity for almost two years and I honestly can not find any cons to this place. The only con I can add is that more companies need to treat their employees like Paylocity does.

6. District Manager Sales

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Saint Paul, MN
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Saint Paul, MN

Pros

Great product and service model to present to prospective clients. Work Life Balance. progressive culture. management that uses common sense

Cons

Not enough ADP and Paycom clients to present to

Advice to Management

Keep treating me like I matter and creating an environment with the right amount and type of pressure.

7. District Sales Manager

Current Employee - District Sales Manager
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working remotely, industry-leading technology/product, great company culture and leadership, great compensation and commission structure.

Cons

Working remotely, difficult to ramp up and learn to navigate the company, not always easy to get answers, limited resources when help is needed

Advice to Management

Keep cultivating the great culture and you'll keep people here for a very long time.

Great company to work for!

Current Employee - Account Manager
    Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company gives back to their employees more than any other company I've ever worked for. Fresh fruit (grapes, bananas, oranges, and apples) in the break rooms every day. They feed us local bbq and pizza at least once a month. Just recently, they closed shop early to rent out a movie theater!

Cons

Can be stressful during year end New hire training can be overwhelming, but stick with it! It usually takes 6 to 8 months to become fully proficient in the job.

Advice to Management

Look at some of older procedures (out of office back up buddies) and update them for the new dedicated account manager model.

9. Implementation

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A place to work where you get the support you need to perform your job, where all the employees are nice and willing to jump in and help wherever and whenever and the opportunities for advancement really do exist. The culture of this company is amazing.

Cons

I have only one gripe and it is not just my gripe......hourly employees should be able to occasionally remote from home. Only salary employees have this opportunity to do so.

10. sales

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant

Pros

culture, leadership, company values, work life balance, training and development are phenomenal. Company values and organizational transparency. Ability to deliver on promises.

Cons

can't really think of any downsides. This is an organization that understands what's important and delivers on promises.

Lots of perks but tiny raises

Current Employee - Lead Software Developer in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Lead Software Developer in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working remotely 100%. Agile project methodology. They do not have a culture of overwork - good life/work balance.

Cons

They prefer stock bonuses that vest over 5 years to raises. Raise for an excellent performer was only 2%.

Advice to Management

Minimum raises for average or better performers should at least meet the cost of living increase or people feel like they're making LESS money. Stock bonuses should include part that vests now, instead of having it all vest over 5 years, starting next year.

RSS Feed </> Embed