Paylocity Reviews

138 reviews filtered by
4.6
Paylocity President & CEO Steve Beauchamp
Steve Beauchamp

Pros
  • We have a great work-life balance, definitely with a work hard play hard mentality (in 16 reviews)

• Great work life balance, and great work from home policy (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Just like with every growing company, their are some growing pains but very balanced overall (in 9 reviews)

• I have nothing bad to say about this company (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

Amazing Job! Wait, not a job.. a career!

Current Employee - Account Manager in Arlington Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Arlington Heights, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (less than a year)

Pros

- Positive work environment
    - GAME ROOM!!
    - Great pay and benefits
    - Friendly and helpful co-workers
    - Top-notch training
    - Great opportunity for advancement

Cons

There are no cons to speak of. This company is exactly what I need!

Advice to Management

Management at this company is fantastic, you never feel like you are inconveniencing them or bothering them. They are always willing to help you and will never say "no" to assist.

National Sales Support representative. Great entry level position to get your career going.

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (less than a year)

Pros

My experience as a national sales support representative (NSS) is a great one. This position truly can be a spectacular start to a very positive career. There are honestly a whole lot of pros to this position, and reading a review may not do it justice on how positive this position can be. It is truly a work hard, play hard mentality that is rewarding. When you achieve success in this role, the feeling is great.

There are TONS of incentives to do better as well in a very fair way. There is a commission structure put in place that personally has been quite rewarding especially if you work smart and hard. Other than regular commission, there are very often extra incentives to perform well. Bonuses in the form of money is the major one (and most peoples favorite!).This can be cash prizes awarded to: random individual(s) based on luck, teams competing against one another, or each and every individual in the department depending on the stipulations for that bonus for the day / week / month. Sometimes we have the opportunity to leave work early, or have a free day off. Sometimes there are other random incentives as well such as a day of golf or games. Another great long running goal that has put into place is advancement for people in the NSS department. Those who have proven themselves and their work ethic have a very high chance of advancing their career within the organization. Since the nine months in the NSS department, I have personally witnessed around 10 individuals achieve career advancement within the NSS department. As the company grows, so does our department. The successful individuals get to move to bigger and better things, and that is spectacular personal growth.

It is important to know though that in order to make all of this possible though, the department needs to produce results. The weekly quotas are very achievable, and quite fair in my opinion. Not once was I micromanaged in the 9 months I have been at the position. From day one there are trainers, co-workers, and management that are more than willing to sit down with you and review everything and anything that you desire.

If you are having a difficult day (because they do come and go) you can always unwind with a game of ping pong, or bozo buckets, foosball, PS4, putt putt, darts, etc. In fact, you are encouraged to unwind if you need it. Management knows a recharge and a stretch of the legs will keep you happy.

Overall, Paylocity is a wonderful organization to work for. Paylocity is an organization that rewards talent, and the national sales support department is a perfect example of that.

Cons

This job / career might not be for everyone. It might not necessarily be a con, but the amount of work you put in directly affects the outcome of your success. Those who are mediocre at best when it comes to their effort will have mediocre success in this position. This is though because it is a sales position that cold calls. Some days can be tough and/or frustrating for many. Unfortunately, some will lose their passion, momentum, and attitude because of it. It can be easily overcame though with persistence, drive, and hard work.

Advice to Management

Nothing in particular to advise. Spectacular job to the management.

Mar 29, 2015Sr. Social Media Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. We appreciate your insights and honesty!

National Sales Support is an EXCELLENT Place to Jump-Start Your Career!

Current Employee - National Sales Support in Arlington Heights, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Within National Sales Support you receive tons of training! This was my first ever sales position and I had never worked in the payroll industry before yet, after training I was definitely well-prepared and eager to set up some appointments for our District Sales Managers to introduce Paylocity and our product! The managers are readily available to help with questions, or review situations you come across making calls. Each manager has been in the position themselves, so they are familiar with what the day to day work entails. Another perk that I found was that there are multiple sales trainers that you can work with to continue to grow and develop your skills on a daily basis. Also, management likes to maintain a fun atmosphere! They are constantly coming up with new contests and incentives for employees...on top of salary and commission!!! Management is very open to hearing suggestions from everyone within the department, so it's nice that you feel involved in what happens :) Ultimately, I have learned a lot about myself through this position as well as others. My communication skills have improved immensely and I am confident having business conversations with C-level executives-this is not something I would have been prepared for had it not been for Paylocity. There is immense opportunity for growth within this organization and I am so happy I found the best fit for me!

Cons

Honestly, I don't really have anything bad to say about Paylocity. I think they do a good job of maintaining open communication with employees and they value our feedback and constantly make improvements anywhere they see fit.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Employee focused, work hard play hard, and competitive environment

I have been working at Paylocity

Pros

Great experience, Great commission potential, Great people, Awesome Management, and an outstanding product/service

Cons

None as of yet, just be willing to put in the effort and grow. If you bring that to the table the rest falls into place

Advice to Management

Stay Classy Paylocity

Apr 12, 2015Director of Marketing

Thanks for your review - our National Sales Support team members are critical to our future success! Glad to have you on board.

Progressive development shop focused on developing its employees!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL

I have been working at Paylocity

Pros

I joined Paylocity as development leader a few months ago. One of the best things about the company is that they are a true agile shop, very focused on continuous improvement. My team is fully supported in taking the time to perform proper retrospectives, each sprint. Its a top-down thing that mistakes are forgivable, if learnings are harvested. The leadership and culture is very friendly to developers, allowing each team to work the way that best works for the given team. You'll have excellent peers who are positive, results-oriented, and want to deliver for the business. Really enjoying Paylocity!

Cons

None to speak of. Its cool!

Advice to Management

Stay focused on employees and empowering people. Keep engaging and mentoring your development organization and it will keep paying dividends!

Apr 12, 2015Director of Marketing

Thank you for the positive perspective! We are glad Paylocity has been a positive experience thus far, and look forward to enjoying a successful future together!

Implementation Consultant

I have been working at Paylocity

Pros

Paylocity is a wonderful place to work, they truly are a company that recognizes opportunities and goes for them. They value feedback of the employees, and implement positive changes that benefit everyone!

Cons

I do not have any cons so far...

One Month Anniversary! I am happy I made the move!

Current Employee - Implementation Manager
    Current Employee - Implementation Manager

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Thus far I could not have asked for a better onboarding experience. I started my journey with their recruiter who who I can honestly say just blew me away! She ensured that I knew exactly what the next step was along with the timeline. She consistently over delivered herself and set the hiring managers up to do the same. Great introduction to Paylocity. My first two weeks were devoted to online trainings. I was impressed with how well the trainers handled the remote aspect of the training environment. It definitely had a classroom feel where the trainers and participants were engaged with each other and the training. This brings me to week three that was spent onsite in Arlington Heights which was another great week of training. Week 4 allowed me the opportunity to start familiarizing myself Paylocity's culture and processes. My director provided me with an onboarding plan full of items and resources to work through. I can not express how awesome it was to have the opportunity to have a week to devote to this without the added responsibility of leading a team. It was also great to have the opportunity to get to know so many great people in different departments along with their roles. I am looking very forward to continuing my journey with such a great company!

Cons

My only hesitation with accepting the position at Paylocity was the benefits. I come from a company that had a very generous and robust benefit package so I feel as if I lost out on some of that. I will add that the ability to work from home doing what I love to do outweighed my concerns over the benefits and made the decision an easy one for me.

Mar 29, 2015Sr. Social Media Recruiter

Thanks for your honest appreciation and critical thinking. We work continually to improve the employee experience at Paylocity in all ways, and are glad that what we offer in terms of work-life ... More

Great Company with a lot of Growth!

I have been working at Paylocity full-time

Pros

Paylocity has a laid back atmosphere and follows the work hard and play hard mentality. We have game rooms with ping pong, darts, board games, foosball table, and video games. We also have fun events both internally and outside the company and participate in may community events in the area. It's the type of company that treats you like an adult and let's you have fun while doing your job. We also constantly promote from within and have a lot of internal opportunities. I met some great friends here and it's a great place to work!

Cons

There is some general concern that the culture will change since we went public but our culture seems to be as strong as ever.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the employees and the clients so we can continue to provide cutting edge technology with fantastic customer service.

Loving it!

Current Employee - Account Manager I in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager I in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great atmosphere, fun people, constant opportunities to learn and grow.

Cons

More fruit would be nice and better coffee.

Implementation Consultant

I have been working at Paylocity full-time

Pros

Great work environment, very laid back, relaxed dress code, For the most part everyone is friendly and helpful. very in depth job training

Cons

some of the language used is for people unfamiliar takes getting use to. Training could be longer with on job training instead of class room setting. more direction when transiting from training to live work environment. Prefer more face to face as oppose to a portion remote, a little difficult to pick up concepts watching a computer screen with someone in your ear .