Paylocity

Updated August 15, 2014

4.6

Paylocity President & CEO Steve Beauchamp
Steve Beauchamp

Pros
  • Great work life balance, and great work from home policy (in 12 reviews)

• We have a great work-life balance, definitely with a work hard play hard mentality (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Just like with every growing company, their are some growing pains but very balanced overall (in 9 reviews)

• I have nothing bad to say about this company (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Good company, respects diversity, pay lags behind.

Former Employee - Account Manager  in  Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Lake Mary, FL

Pros

There is a true team environment at Paylocity. They respect diversity in their employees. Promotion from within is standard. They have a true commitment to training and employee development. They host many employee events including free meals and snacks.

Cons

For Account Management, the pay is just too low for the amount of work, especially at year end. They recently forced Time & Attendance support on everyone for no additional pay. I would still be there save for the subsistence level wages.

Many of the changes you put into place for 7/1/14 were exactly what was needed. The final step is to start paying people real salaries and bring in professionals to handle the clients. This is the final step needed to become world class.

current employee

Pros

Great Company to work for make the jump!

Cons

There are none right now

Other than the pay it works

Pros

The experienced managers are great resources.

Cons

Most of the managers are not experienced

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company and even greater people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Arlington Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Arlington Heights, IL

Pros

-The company is a great company to work for. So much growth, tons of opportunities, great benefits. Even as they grow, they still are very concerned with the employees and don't forget how they contributed to the success. Very rare for companies that grow this fast.

Cons

No complaints .Any problems that an employee may have, management is very willing to listen and find solutions. As long as they are realistic complaints of course.

Best company I have worked for!

Current Employee - Client Service Specialist  in  Arlington Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Client Service Specialist in Arlington Heights, IL

Pros

Great work life balance, and great work from home policy.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about the company. This employer has exceeded my expectations.

Keep up the good work!

Culture and Sales Rock Stars

Current Employee - District Sales Manager  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Nashville, TN

Pros

The culture here is simply amazing! Those who work alongside me seem to have a common purpose and most, like me, came from the Big name companies like ADP, Paychex and others like them. Having a company you can believe in goes a long way and we know we are supported with a product that blows the competition out of the water and the personal support we need to deliver on our promises. We aren't the "Jack of all trades" and focus on being the best in breed at Payroll and HR while supporting our partners who do what they do best.

In the outside sales position, we have the tools we need and because we have such an amazing product, you want to pick of the phone and dial to expose as many businesses to Paylocity.

Cons

Haven't found any that I can speak of.

As you're doing now, continue to celebrate the people and the culture. That is what will continue to drive the results.

Great opportunities and great potential

Pros

Fast paced and great culture. Leading edge technology. Upper management is very approachable and knowledgeable.

Cons

With the fast growth there is not a lot of structure but that seems to be changing. Some growing pains but nothing that is too painful.

Keep the company growing and on track.

It had a great culture. But it is loosing...

Pros

Some of the senior managers are very friendly. The company is using latest technology which gives good quality to the product. Work from Home policy is great.

Cons

It had a great culture for years. But the recent changes in the company is loosing that culture. Newly hired managers don't have a good work thick probably because they are not familiar with the great culture the company had. We can feel the frustration in the employees because of bad management styles. Increase in bad politics. Even though over and over again the management says it will retain the good culture, I don't think it will happen unless they find the mistake and correct them. The managers who were part of the company for many years are able to keep that great work ethic. But recently hired managers are not able to.

For a long term reputation, if would be good to apply changes in the company carefully. Focus on consistently generated good results rather than quick results which will take a toll on the company ethics.

MAKE THE JUMP!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Pros

Where to begin: the culture and work/life balance; our technology and consistent innovation; growth opportunities and never feeling like a number; our open door policy and exposure to the executives; the faith and trust I have in our leaders; and the genuine, consultative approach we take with our prospects/clients.

Cons

I hope we maintain our steady growth rate now that we've gone public. Again, though, I have faith in our leaders.

Amazing company and culture

Current Employee - National Sales Support  in  Arlington Heights, IL
    Current Employee - National Sales Support in Arlington Heights, IL

Pros

The people I work with truly make me enjoy going to work everyday. I have made great friends working here and truly enjoy being at work because of them. We have a great work-life balance, definitely with a work hard play hard mentality. There are constantly different games and contests to keep us motivated throughout the week. Management is very easy to talk to and they really care about your individual success - they are always there to offer advice but do not micromanage which is nice.

Cons

The position is certainly hard at times and can be grueling - definitely a position meant for people seeking an entry-level position and to be in less than 2 years, but they do not sugar coat that from the beginning which I appreciate.

Worked for Paylocity? Contribute to the Community!