Paylocity

Updated January 23, 2015
4.4

Paylocity President & CEO Steve Beauchamp
Steve Beauchamp

Pros
  • We have a great work-life balance, definitely with a work hard play hard mentality (in 16 reviews)

• Great work life balance, and great work from home policy (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Just like with every growing company, their are some growing pains but very balanced overall (in 9 reviews)

• I have nothing bad to say about this company (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work. Growth Opportunities.

Current Employee - Customer Service in Arlington Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Arlington Heights, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Hard work pays off. If you are scared of hard work, not meant for you especially during the year-end rush. You are recognized constantly for your accomplishments. So far, everyone I worked with here has a positive attitude and are always willing to help out. After the year-end rush passes, there is so much flexible time and the office becomes a more laid back environment.

Cons

Unbelievably fast growing company which will lead to some growing pains; this is why everyone is gung-ho to work as a team to defeat the uphill battle. Not too much of a con though, because this propels yourself into a lead role quicker if you do a good job.

Training, training, training. Always provide time and opportunities for more training.

One of the very few good learning experiences in life.

I have been working at Paylocity

Pros

Growth in the company, team camaraderie, great environment, welcoming from the first second I came to the door, great challenge and learning experience

Cons

No cons really but multitasking skills are a must during year end.

No advised to management, so far has been wonderful and wouldn't take back a moment.

Great Company!

Current Employee - Account Manager II in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager II in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The culture of the company is on a whole different level in great way. They really care about their employees and Clients. Its a great work environment, all the managers make you feel welcome and always wanting to help.

Cons

I could not think of any cons about the company.

Keep up the great work! As an employee of Paylocity you all make the work environment great!

Fantastic!

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Free Fruit
    Great Environment
    Great People
    Truly feel appreciated

Cons

Consistency in product and resources

NEED better resources

Come grow with us!

Current Employee - Client Services Account Manager in Arlington Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Client Services Account Manager in Arlington Heights, IL

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Don't let the casual dress code fool you, we are all business, the causal dress is just a HUGE Bonus!
    It's an exciting time to be a Paylocity employee!

Cons

With the company growing at such a quick pace, there has been some reorganization of departments. Having said that, it has not been a big issue because the communication from management and executives is very good.

Continue to recruit the best of the best, continue with our motto, work hard, play hard. Never lose the casual dress code!

A few growing pains, but overall an awesome place to work

Current Employee - Time & Labor Support in Lake Mary, FL
    Current Employee - Time & Labor Support in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Paylocity

Pros

1. Understanding & Supportive Supervisors -- first time in a while that I was treated like an adult with critical thinking stills
    2. Resources made available whenever possible -- dual screens baby! Additionally, project time is allotted to everyone.
    3. Reasonable performance metrics -- unlike other customer support companies, Paylocity balances advocating for the client with timeliness, so they expect expediency and efficiency, but not in a way that feels like some shadowy overlord is breathing down the back of your neck with a stop watch and a long check list of stupid ineffective things your supposed to say to the client (Convergys, I'm looking in your direction)
    4. Small to Mid-sized feel -- I feel like a name instead of a number.
    5. Clean environment -- nice break areas, and even recycling!
    6. Pleasant Location
    7. Good base pay
    8. Frequent employee appreciation days
    9. HR is located in the same building, not half-way across the world (Convergys, I'm looking in your direction)
    10. Currently a lot of upward mobility
    11. Weekends off and a consistent work schedule that you can have a life around. (Convergys, you are absolutely terrible at that)

Cons

Mild fear that as it grows, the company may bend to unreasonable shareholder expectations and succumb to corporatocratic apathy and numbers-hyperfocusing

Keep up the good work, keep it people oriented, keep investing revenue in the product, thank you for pulling me out of the muck of corporate America to show me how a job should really be.

Great Place To Work

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Arlington Heights, Cook, IL

I have been working at Paylocity

Pros

Growth Opportunities
    Team Structure
    New Technologies
    Culture
    Good Products
    Work From Home
    Flextime
    Manger doesn't hover over your shoulder
    Cool Atmosphere

Cons

I dont have any cons right now. The job has met all of my expectations

Growing company with a great culture.

Current Employee - Marketing
    Current Employee - Marketing

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Paylocity is a company that is growing very quickly. The growth, however, has not affected the great culture. Employees take pride in making Paylocity a great place to work. Everyone is friendly, helpful, and supportive. There is definitely room to grow as the company grows. The work / life balance is one of the strongest benefits of working at Paylocity. Senior Management seems to recognize that in order to attract and retain the best talent, the ability to work remotely and with flexible schedules is key.

Cons

With the company growing at such a quick rate, there has been some reorganization of departments / responsibilities which has lead to some initial confusion. However, this hasn't been a big issue because the communication from management and executives is very good.

Continue to invest in resources that will allow every department to perform at a high level. Company culture and employee morale is vital to a successful company. As the company grows, do not lose focus on the great culture that Paylocity currently has!

Paylocity Response

Jan 12, 2015Sr. Social Media Recruiter

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback! We are glad that you feel we're hitting the mark on effective communication in a time of growth and change, and rest assured that we ... More

Excellent Leadership and Lower Stress

Current Employee - Implementaion Consultant II in Remote, OR
    Current Employee - Implementaion Consultant II in Remote, OR

I have been working at Paylocity full-time (less than a year)

Pros

With the position I have, I have the flexibility to work from home. While it has taken some getting used to, I definitely love the flexibility. I don't feel the same measure of stress that I did working in a noisy office. More importantly than that is the camaraderie and team atmosphere this company has developed. Employees celebrate one another, the managers celebrate the employees, and we get the job done. I have only been here a month, but for the first time in a long time, I actually feel valued by my employer. I worked at another service bureau prior to coming to Paylocity. This place is the real deal. I've had employers in the past say they really value people, but fail to ever show it. Paylocity really does care. I would encourage anyone thinking about joining this company to take a leap of faith.

Cons

As great as this company has been to me so far, there are a few things that I consider to be draw backs.

1. Working from home is great, but when you are just starting off, it takes a lot of getting used to. I would have liked to have been a little more prepared for this.
    2. I came into this company at year end, so everyone has been super busy. That being said, I think it would have been nice during my first few weeks to have scheduled calls with an immediate manager to help gain feedback on how things are going.

Amazing leadership and company culture that fosters growth and collaboration.

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at Paylocity

Pros

Great solution, great culture, great place to be

Cons

None at this time

Keep it up!