Paylocity

Paylocity Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

Paylocity President & CEO Steve Beauchamp

Steve Beauchamp

Pros
  • Great work life balance, and great work from home policy(in 12 reviews)

• We have a great work-life balance, definitely with a work hard play hard mentality(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Just like with every growing company, their are some growing pains but very balanced overall(in 9 reviews)

• I have nothing bad to say about this company(in 3 reviews)

Great company and even greater people

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Arlington Heights, IL

Pros-The company is a great company to work for. So much growth, tons of opportunities, great benefits. Even as they grow, they still are very concerned with the employees and don't forget how they contributed to the success. Very rare for companies that grow this fast.

ConsNo complaints .Any problems that an employee may have, management is very willing to listen and find solutions. As long as they are realistic complaints of course.

Best company I have worked for!

Client Service Specialist (Current Employee) Arlington Heights, IL

ProsGreat work life balance, and great work from home policy.

ConsI have nothing bad to say about the company. This employer has exceeded my expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

It had a great culture. But it is loosing...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSome of the senior managers are very friendly. The company is using latest technology which gives good quality to the product. Work from Home policy is great.

ConsIt had a great culture for years. But the recent changes in the company is loosing that culture. Newly hired managers don't have a good work thick probably because they are not familiar with the great culture the company had. We can feel the frustration in the employees because of bad management styles. Increase in bad politics. Even though over and over again the management says it will retain the good culture, I don't think it will happen unless they find the mistake and correct them. The managers who were part of the company for many years are able to keep that great work ethic. But recently hired managers are not able to.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor a long term reputation, if would be good to apply changes in the company carefully. Focus on consistently generated good results rather than quick results which will take a toll on the company ethics.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Culture and Sales Rock Stars

District Sales Manager (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsThe culture here is simply amazing! Those who work alongside me seem to have a common purpose and most, like me, came from the Big name companies like ADP, Paychex and others like them. Having a company you can believe in goes a long way and we know we are supported with a product that blows the competition out of the water and the personal support we need to deliver on our promises. We aren't the "Jack of all trades" and focus on being the best in breed at Payroll and HR while supporting our partners who do what they do best.

In the outside sales position, we have the tools we need and because we have such an amazing product, you want to pick of the phone and dial to expose as many businesses to Paylocity.

ConsHaven't found any that I can speak of.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs you're doing now, continue to celebrate the people and the culture. That is what will continue to drive the results.

Great opportunities and great potential

ProsFast paced and great culture. Leading edge technology. Upper management is very approachable and knowledgeable.

ConsWith the fast growth there is not a lot of structure but that seems to be changing. Some growing pains but nothing that is too painful.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the company growing and on track.

MAKE THE JUMP!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsWhere to begin: the culture and work/life balance; our technology and consistent innovation; growth opportunities and never feeling like a number; our open door policy and exposure to the executives; the faith and trust I have in our leaders; and the genuine, consultative approach we take with our prospects/clients.

ConsI hope we maintain our steady growth rate now that we've gone public. Again, though, I have faith in our leaders.

Not what I expected

Implementation (Current Employee) Arlington Heights, IL

ProsThe insurance rates are decent. Not micro-managed.

ConsPlan to work about 60 hours a week at year end (just in time for the holidays). Plan to work maybe a little less than that at Quarter end. Overworked and underpaid. Understaffed due to budget constraints. You can do twice the work as someone next to you and get paid less than them. I don't feel there's much potential for advancement. Holiday parties are employees only, no spouse or family.

Advice to Senior ManagementSerious consequences should be made for employees that slack. Needs to be more staffing in certain departments. More attention needs to be made to the employees needs to accomplish their work. Better communication between departments would help tremendously. There should be better pay for employees doing more than 1 or 2 roles a day. Raises should be offered more consistantly.

Paylocity Sr. Social Media Recruiter responded to this review

May 27, 2014

Thank you for your feedback: please know your concerns have been shared with the Implementation Management Team. We are disappointed that you are not pleased with your experience, and strongly ... More

Do not leave a established position for this company

Client Service Specialist (Former Employee) Arlington Heights, IL

ProsNice people and decent though expensive benefits.

ConsTraining was unacceptable. After asking for additional help daily because I didn't feel like I was getting the software and being told daily that I was doing fine I was terminated for not passing the test. During training we where constantly off topic with comparisons to another payroll company, burning man, racism, etc. Completely impossible to focus on the training.

Advice to Senior ManagementControl your trainers and actually make sure they can teach the material.

Paylocity Sr. Social Media Recruiter responded to this review

May 19, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Please know that this feedback has been passed to our training department and that it is taken very seriously. Paylocity works constantly to improve our candidate ... More

The Best Company I Have Ever Worked For! Major Growth Potential!

Recruitment Coordinator (Current Employee) Arlington Heights, IL

ProsI have never worked at a company that cares about their employees as much as Paylocity does. I started in the National Sales Support department and I was on the phones making cold calls for over a year. I did a great job and my managers saw that and gave me the opportunity to move up. As long as you put in the work here, there is growth potential. I got promoted to Recruiting and I love it. My managers at National Sales Support gave me the tools and the ongoing training I needed to succeed and move up in the company internally.

ConsI have nothing bad to say about this company. Paylocity has kept their word and gave me the job growth that I was looking for.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on giving the employee’s the tools they need to succeed and in the end you will succeed as well.

Amazing company and culture

National Sales Support (Current Employee) Arlington Heights, IL

ProsThe people I work with truly make me enjoy going to work everyday. I have made great friends working here and truly enjoy being at work because of them. We have a great work-life balance, definitely with a work hard play hard mentality. There are constantly different games and contests to keep us motivated throughout the week. Management is very easy to talk to and they really care about your individual success - they are always there to offer advice but do not micromanage which is nice.

ConsThe position is certainly hard at times and can be grueling - definitely a position meant for people seeking an entry-level position and to be in less than 2 years, but they do not sugar coat that from the beginning which I appreciate.

Worked for Paylocity? Contribute to the Community!