Payment Systems Corp

www.paymentsystemscorp.com

Payment Systems Corp Reviews

Updated Jul 11, 2014

Matthew Wiltsey

As far as commission based traveling sales go, one of the better ones

Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThe bosses were really nice and made me feel valued every step of the way, even though I never met them. They put pressure on me but never made me feel like a failure like some other sales jobs I've had.

They definitely take care of you. The hotels were always pretty good and the sent out care packages every few weeks.

They let you pick where you want to go for the most part, so I was able to manage to attend my friends wedding in Alabama without having to spend any money on travel

If you don't want to go home for the weekend they pay for your hotels and make them pretty nice.

ConsPayments are via wire transfer, which my Bank of America account charges a pretty decent sized fee for.

They book your hotels through a third party website, so the only rewards points you'll earn are at LaQuinta

Have a Plan B

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHigh Commissions when you sell services.

ConsHigh Turnover when you voice your opinion.

Advice to Senior ManagementLead Generation

A company trying to mask their horrible business model & ineptitude.

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThey try to make you feel a part of the team.

ConsAs an inside sales rep (AKA: Slave) you are expected to attain an unrealistic measure of appointments. The job consists of you being passed a list of leads while crammed in a tiny desk (6 people per cubicle area). From 8a sharp you are calling small to medium sized businesses and pushing through the admin asst to the owner. Once on the phone with the owner you haggle with them until they agree to let you schedule an appointment with them so an outside sales rep can go and convince them to switch their CC processing contract through us. This often results in you receiving verbal abuse from the owner/manager who is always stressed and angry about receiving a sales call. You cannot hang up on a call, the owner must hang up on you, this means you are subject to all kinds of verbal abuse. You cannot leave your seat unless they give you permission, you are expected to make 100 dials a day and set 5 appointments a day. Not attaining to this goal means you are 'under-producing' and bringing the team down. They do not perform a background check or drug screen so the majority of folks you work side by side with are true addicts and/or criminals.

This job is not worth it. The company only barely legal. A horrible experience, probably the worst.

Advice to Senior ManagementI know what you are doing. Hiring managers to run the call centers like slave drivers. While the managers themselves may be nice, you know the comp plan is completely unattainable and ought to be ashamed of yourselves for exploiting others in this fashion.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sales Manager

ProsWell paid and the atmosphere is alot of fun.

ConsVery long hours and work life balance is way off.

Seat of your pants

ProsFlexible scheduling, fair commission structure, travel

Consno base salary, questionable appointments

Sales Executive

ProsThe reason why people complain about this job is because they themselvs are not explaining the program to people correctly. Your taught to explain how the merchant can go about not getting the extra charges to there statement (Valid TIN, Business Insurance, Monthly minimum, Free debit for PIN BASED DEBIT (not all debit transactions,). I have been working there for about 8 months and the only problem I have had was a miss communication about a rental car and I was payed back within a few days. If your an agent and your not explaining the program correctly, and getting charge backs, thats your own fault. I have sold over 50 deals and havent even had a single threat about a merchant wanting to cancel. Obviously if sales was easy, everyone would do it. And its not lying, its building hype for the merchant to get them exited for a good program. If payment systems was a horrible company they would not be in First Datas presidents club 6 years running.

ConsThe only thing I can really say i dislike about the pay is that you have to wait until the equipment is plugged in before the pay goes into your account. Also, the fact that the pay is based on the merchants credit. Most people who own a small business (nail solon, auto shop, tabacco shop) and only doing about 2000-3000 in sales per month are probably not going to have the best credit

Advice to Senior ManagementI think it was help alot more to do the training in person. Hands on. it seemed like the training was very vague and my first day I felt like i only knew a few of the basics. But in all keep up the good work. I no have intentions on leaving the company any time soon.

Good SPot

Sales Agent (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat money. Good Travel. Great people. Free Lodging. Travel across us - paid.

ConsDevelope specialized ways to land sales. Payment based on merchant credit.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work

Shadey

Sales (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsNothing. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing. Nothing.

ConsLooks good when you start but it is just shadey. They don't really train you and after reading all of the negative; whether or not it's true, it was enough to put a doubt cloud over themselves for me.

Advice to Senior ManagementFix you're reputation by being honest... if that is even possible

Outside sales representative

ProsMoney is Outstanding!!!!!!!!
    But only if you produce, I would suggest that it may not be for you if you tend to take things extremely personally or get offended easily

ConsYou have to have a family that's ok with you traveling...in that's not an issue then the travel part is great.

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining is great!...but it can get I little redundant for veterans agent.

RUN AWAY! Working for this company will ruin you life and your reputation.

Outside Sales Representative (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsThere are no pros to working here unless you have no morals.

ConsI've already lost one law suit and I'm currently being sued in three other states by customers I sold to. Apparently the sales presentation I was trained to give is full of lies, and now there are a bunch of videos out there to prove it. Merchants are starting to use these videos to go after the sales reps even though they're just following their training. Payment Systems has told those merchants that any problems are the fault of unscrupulous sales agents who are independent contractors. So they're actually telling them that if they have a problem they should sue the rep. I'm not unscrupulous! I did exactly as I was told and Payment Systems turned me into a crook! There are even websites out there dedicated to tracking down all the past and present sales agents so clients can sue them using these videos. They found me and posted all my contact information online. I've even received death threats as a result. I can't afford to fight law suits in every state they sent me to, and my lawyer says they can put a lien against my house and my bank account. I wish I had done more research before getting into bed with them, but I was desperate for a job. Don't let this happen to you!

Advice to Senior ManagementShut down and get out of the country immediately.

Worked for Payment Systems Corp? Contribute to the Community!