Payoda

www.payoda.com

Payoda Reviews

Updated Jul 19, 2014
Payoda – “Work & Fun meet here”

Anand Purusothaman

Best Company for Freshers

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Coimbatore (India)

ProsLearning
    Recognition
    Freedom to put forth your ideas
    Friendly workspace
    salary

ConsNeed to follow standards
    Need more innovative products

Awesome Experience and good skill development

Software (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsOpportunities to develop new skills and good career growth

ConsNothing downsides working at payoda

Will be good sooner after correcting some people and process

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Coimbatore (India)

Pros* Good exposure to technologies.
    * Peers are so social and will help in your growth
    * You will enjoy being in coimbatore location and you will get good works to do.
    * Hard work is needed and that is good for your learning
    * Infrastructure was maintained well for the benefits of employees
    * Good cafeteria and heard that there are play rooms also.
    * Full of young minds.

Cons* Cons will there everywhere. I would say that everything depending upon the people(old one) in the managerial level. Their culture is affecting the whole company.
    * Think well about the company future before firing even a single person it will affect everything.
    * Bad decisions

Advice to Senior Management* Don't believe someone around you taking decisions on behalf of the company.
    * You only took the people from college after interviewing and then how come you blame a fresher for their performance & firing with very short notice. You've to think that is the responsibility of mentors/trainee to groom the candidates.
    * Company is having good name and Coimbatore location is plus but don't spoil over by believing to some stupid people around.
    * Micro management. Like a govt office, few old seniority peoples in the senior taking some rubbish decisions for their survival. Mgmt has to take care of it.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

ok experience. nothing new to learn

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Coimbatore (India)

Prostalented leads and engineers
    coworkers with good attitude
    good mid level managers
    office in coimbatore

Conslots of room for management to improve
    traditional view of management
    poor hiring and people management
    owner controlled policies
    no personal growth
    work life balance is joke
    good employees are the ones who leave
    incompetent people promoted by management ruin work culture
    too much politics in small company
    no respect for skill and knowledge
    too many last minute deadlines making people work night and saturday, sunday

Advice to Senior Managementcompany vales should be promoted by practice (by management also) and preaching is not enough
    if developer initiative is stifled by management it will be more bad for work culture
    employee growth opportunity is mandatory. not a once in a year speech
    stop encouraging people who fix something minor in last minute and show off
    promote good talent and knowledgeable people, money is not only motivator

Company can flourish if there's a stable and competent Top Management

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Chennai (India)

ProsFriendly co-workers
    Cant think of anything significant

ConsToo much micro management
    Heavy internal politics
    CEO tends to be very lenient when hiring senior management staff - More care needs to be taken while hiring Managers / Senior managers

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior Management needs to have more clarity in terms of growth for Chennai operations - and the same to be communicated to Chennai employees time on time.

Someone from Top Mgmt to visit Chennai office once in a month or at the bare minimum once in 2 months - so that employees in Chennai get a feel of the Top Management, and also to understand what
    Payoda preaches: "it is a very flat and transparent organization" !!

More freedom needs to be given to mid senior level employees to deliver, instead of micro managing each and every single task.

Challenging environment

Software Development Intern (Current Employee) Coimbatore (India)

ProsWork life balance is really good. Independent thinking is recognized. Awesome coworkers. And were given interesting process and flexibility to switch between teams. Objectives are communicated clearly.

ConsSenior management is not so appreciable. At times it take longer time for decisions to get approval.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be great if managers could be more like team leaders than being harsh at times.

Not a good choice for me; No great opportunity to showcase talent; Consistently changing senior management team;

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Coimbatore (India)

ProsIf there be a location constraint, there is hardly any great opportunity in Coimbatore.
    Apart from this no other positive I could think of.

ConsUnclear job roles, changing roles and responsibilities even on a daily basis, no defined stream to work everyone does everything and that is not really helpful in terms of honing knowledge and for growth.

Freedom, Experimental, Energetic

Architect (Current Employee) Coimbatore (India)

Pros- Provides me freedom to bring-up / execute things the way I want
    - Top management is cool and they're all ears to people's opinions
    - People here like to experiment new things
    - Having freshers and young engineers in more than 60% of its population, it is an energetic environment
    - Culture and being open to new things or changes
    - Flexibility in timings and other stuff

Cons- Limited scope of projects, Need growth on various solutions and projects
    - Need more than just one successful product

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the culture open and transparent. Focus on Product spaces. Invest in local research.

Good company to grow with & gather experience

(Current Employee)

ProsGood place to start as a fresher.
    Provides the platform to share information, encourages innovation & a company which provides opportunities to make mistakes & learn from them.
    If you put in the right effort and work with enthusiasm you are sure to be noticed in this organization.

ConsSince it is a growing company, there are pitfalls here and there! But, the organization is bound to overcome those in a short span of time with the right resources and talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore visibility to employees on their growth path (short & long)
    Monthly or quarterly meetings to discussion mission statements will prove to be very effective.

Fun at work & Friendly atmosphere

ProsNice place and a good work life balance. Colleagues who are ready to help at all time. Scope to learn
    opportunity & explore our skills and learning new things

ConsDidn't find anything in Payoda

Advice to Senior ManagementNA NA NA

Worked for Payoda? Contribute to the Community!