Payscape Advisors

Updated September 29, 2014
Updated September 29, 2014
4.5

Jeremy Wing

An established company with an entrepreneurial spirit!

Current Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Marketing in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Payscape Advisors full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Payscape is a great company to work for. The projects you can tackle are endless. The founders have kept the entrepreneur/start-up atmosphere, even after all of these years. They always encourage new ideas, try out new services and push their business model. The culture is equally great. They throw a lot of events throughout the year for employees and offer great incentives for top performers.

Cons

Because they are such serial entrepreneurs, there are a lot of technology solutions in their portfolio. Sometime this makes it hard to focus in on one thing, but if you are hard-working and dedicated you have endless opportunity!

Payscape has been an incredible opportunity that has allowed me to push myself towards my full potential.

Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Louisville, KY
    Current Employee - District Sales Manager in Louisville, KY

I have been working at Payscape Advisors full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I love the ability to be my own boss, set my own hours, get paid for how hard I work, work with a group of people that genuinely cares for me and wants to help me do well, and build long term residual income.

Cons

Hard to think of one but if I had to the only con is the payroll department. You have to make sure you are 100% on top of them to make sure you get paid right and on time. However, if they make a mistake they fix it asap and take good care of you.

Great Company, but it's not a success story for everyone.

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Suwanee, GA
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Suwanee, GA

I worked at Payscape Advisors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Tremendously innovative company. Great marketing. Good company culture, "New School" mentality. Flexible work hours, and an extensive product line. Most of my co-workers were absolutely wonderful people, very rare for a sales company.

Cons

Pure 100% commission for outside sales reps. No draw or reimbursements. Satellite offices don't always have the support that the Buckhead office does. My manager was a great guy and a great salesman who was straddled with a weak and inexperienced staff, while other weaker managers in the company were given better sales teams concealing their true weaknesses. Not exactly sure what a lot of those folks in the corporate office do, but it sure doesn't seem to be a whole heck of a lot. Poor customer service, follow-up, and weak internal processes.

Customer service and follow-up HAS to get better. Hire better managers with experience leading sales teams. Hire fewer yet better sales people, it will help with turnover. Have new reps focus more on credit card processing coming out of the gate instead of Billing Orchard or Reg Point; they'll close more deals and its a quicker sales cycle. Spread your experienced sales people and recruiters out to your satellite locations. This will encourage growth and challenge the offices to REALLY compete against one another. The goal is to grow the company, not for all of your best sales people and recruiters to hang out and party in the Buckhead Office( as fun as that can be).

Great Company. You can't put a monetary value on the knowledge and skills I developed working with these guys

Former Employee - Account Manager in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Charleston, SC

I worked at Payscape Advisors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people are great. They offer paid for training and now I believe a 30 day training period after your initial training in Atlanta. There are incentive trips and bonuses for deal count, you have a great support team. This was my first sales job, and I gained more knowledge in the almost two years I was with Payscape that enabled me to learn how different businesses operated, how to flip the table on whoever I was meeting with, and put the situation in my hands. The compensation is structured how it should be and you are able to build a nice residual income if you grind hard enough. If you go into this job with the right attitude, you will be satisfied. A wealth of knowledge and experience is what I gained. When I realized I wanted to move on to something else, I have the people I worked with from the bottom to the top to thank for one great head start. WIth Payscape, you build your own book of business and develop relationships that are priceless. This goes for within the company, clients, and beyond. If you aren't a risk taker, if you want a guarantee, and you don't have a drive to develop a support unit, this job is not for you.

Cons

Communication wasn't perfect, but good luck finding a company that has perfect communication. In general, payment processing/merchant services is a tough sales position, you aren't thrown into the wolves, unless you are trying to close an outdoor adventure company and their corporate is a twenty mile hike through the mountains. I just threw my sedan into drive, and stalked every business with an open or closed sign like a lion, and loved every bit of it. So, other than communication needing a little improvement, no other cons on my end.

I know you have to focus on numbers, but maybe offer incentives or look at the volume of a deal a rep is about to close, and make sure someone is there with them if they are new to the company. Keep up the awesome Christmas parties! Go Payscape. Keep Grinding!

Hard work always pays off

Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Payscape Advisors full-time (less than an year)

Pros

From day one, Payscape provides it employees with all the tools needed to succeed. The training program is great considering it continues on even after you graduate from Payscape University. As an Account Manager, it is your job to build your own book of business. While it does take a couple months to establish your network, it is my opinion that those who do not work at it are the ones that fail and complain. Merchant services is a tough industry. However, Payscape offers Account Managers every opportunity for success. From invoicing, to registration, to mobile payments, to gateways, Payscape keeps you at the top of the game from a product stand point. Furthermore, you have constant support from your managers. If they aren't available, agent support is a phone call away. Finally, the quality of life cannot be beat. I loved going to work everyday and I loved the people I worked with. With unlimited earning potential, your financial success will be directly reflected by how hard you work. Those that work hard can do nothing but succeed at Payscape.

Cons

Lower quotas and a draw would be very beneficial at the start as new Account Managers get on their feet.

Keep up the great job.

It was a bleak look into a "company" built on underhandedness and zero accountability.

I worked at Payscape Advisors full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Going to work is like going into a bar. Relaxed, chill, funny group to work with. Forward thinkers.

Cons

Upper management is lacking ethics. No HR department to hold anyone accountable. Caught upper management in several lies and often times, account executives are left cleaning up the messes of dishonesty. The only fun part of working here was the company "outings" that usually turned into complete and utter drunken messes.

Hire some HR people, stop lying to your employees and customers, stop taking 3 hour lunches, and actually act like you have a moral backbone.

Innovative mission based company extremely efficient

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Brunswick, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Brunswick, GA

I have been working at Payscape Advisors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Payscape provides an excellent workhorse for the family man desiring a fast pace environment. I could not make the car buisness work and have ample time for my family like Payscape offers. Best of both Worlds! Family oriented. They make you special and train you for success.

Cons

Filling out Apps online and submitting apps could be made easier and faster on busy days gets overwhelming. I feel training more than once a year only made each rep stronger.

More training with out of town reps on best way to find whoppers.

Awesome company to work for.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Rogers, AR
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Rogers, AR

I have been working at Payscape Advisors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

-Commissions are great
    -The company environment is outstanding to work with.
    - lots of support when needed.
    - great bonus structure and trip incentives.

Cons

-have to pay for gas no reimbursement
    -no assigned territories

Keep up the great work. This company is a Rockstar company in books. The pay is great in the field and you guys at home office are always looking for a way to improve our way to keep that customer from going any where else. With all the products from billing to registrations to mobile payments. I haven't seen a company treat employees how you guys do with bonuses and able to win trips every year. Love it keep up the good work. Just a suggestion..... I think there should be a former of a gas reimbursement bonus for hitting a quota every month or a certain amount of sales to help with the high gas prices....

Great work hard play hard environment. Opportunity for growth!

I have been working at Payscape Advisors full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Given the opportunity to succeed. Not micromanaged. Training provided.

Cons

Training is only 3 days long.

Payscape Advisors Response

Oct 1, 2014Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. Even though we only have 3 days of in-person training in our corporate office, we have increased follow-up efforts to better prepare our sales ... More

Clearly the FORMER employees have a sour taste in their mouth

Current Employee - I Work In the Corporate Office in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - I Work In the Corporate Office in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Payscape Advisors full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Any Account Manager aka Outside Sales Rep can do very well. It's a 100% commission job, so get out there and "hit the streets." It takes a good 3 months minimum to "plant your seeds." Over time, these seeds will grow. My best advice, get a banking relationship. They bring in deals FOR YOU. These former employees are whining because they didn't work hard enough. Granted I work inside at Corporate, but I have been in Outside Sales prior for 7 years. I know Sales is tough, so suck it up. The company IS GROWING; this is why we are on track to open 4 more offices in 2014 to add to our existing 10 across the United States. The culture here is amazing. Everyone loves to have fun. After working hard during the day, we will pull up the garage door with a keg and games. Management and C-Level individuals are extremely easy to approach with any concerns you may have.

Cons

I took a $10,000 salary pay cut because I enjoyed the culture. I would like to make more, but that will naturally come in time. This is a position where I actually like coming to "work" and I enjoy my colleagues; not a lot of people can say that.

Sales and District/Regional Managers: They do not hold your hand. Some of these reviews are the FORMER employees whining about not having their hand held; you're in the working world and not in high school. The free training they give you does help; I know because I sat in it as well. These former employees should have made a better choice on who they rode around with, if they even took the initiative to do that. Knowledge is power folks. Be a sponge at the beginning of any job and ask as many questions as you can.