PeaceHealth

PeaceHealth Reviews in Eugene, OR

Updated Jul 10, 2014

Alan Yordy

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Rather stressful, but rewarding and challenging work

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Eugene, OR

ProsThe staff I work with in Home Health services seem so supportive, almost like family. Flexible schedule, and benefits available, though pro-rated with a 20 hour position. Good job security, decent pay and benefits.

ConsToo much top heavy administration. Superfluous expenditures such as excessive use of video which actually takes more time away from our work. Not enough support for professional development, use of awkward difficult to use software. Many changes continue, not always for the better, seem aimed more at money for the business than for supporting field staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow appreication to employees with raises and or increased health insurance benefits, rather than spending money on unhealthy box lunches or wasteful gifts such as our recent "gift" of white PeaceHealth socks.

Okay for Oregon.

Allied Health (Former Employee) Eugene, OR

ProsLiked Coworkers for most part.

ConsLots of Big Fish in small pond mentalities. People in leadership positions without education or management skills. When suggesting changes or improvement there was a lot of "Why change, this is the way we've always done it"., type attitude. Professionalism here wouldn't past muster in other states.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise level of expectation for your departments and yourselves. Only way to be treated like a healthcare professional in an allied health profession is to raise your standards and stop looking at just bodies to fill positions. How about minimum 4 year degrees to work in more critical areas and leadership and management positions.

No support for therapists!

Physical Therapist (Former Employee) Eugene, OR

ProsNewer facility, seems clean and spacious. Department is large so flexible scheduling is possible. People are generally friendly. on most units.

ConsTherapists pay for all their own licensing and CEU fees. Training is very limited, short, lunchtime-only inservice meetings, so career growth has sadly entrenched limitations. This is not a magnet facility for therapists.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou say you have to pay for 'quality', but why does this only extend to CEO's? Rethink this.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible work place now

Coding (Current Employee) Eugene, OR

ProsGreat benefits and pay. Paid time off good. Retirement excellent. Great team of co workers.

ConsHostile management on an ongoing basis expectations ridiculous micro managing to the point of work stress. No missions and values language of care hypercritical. Need for management classes. Systems Dis organized. Middle management stand up for employes to upper management! John Hill forum wasted paid time!

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat group of hard workers let us do our jobs quit nit picking patient quality not quantity of revenue. Listen to your employees Practice what you preach and take some time for life!

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

PeaceHealth is doing a lot of things right

Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) Eugene, OR

ProsSatisfying work, attention to the "mission" of caring for the disadvantaged. Good benefits that include the option of adding health insurance for a"significant other" be it an elderly parent, disabled adult child, or domestic partner. Eugene is also a great place to live.

ConsLayers of middle management that sometimes seem to focus on procedural issues to the detriment of the day to day functioning. Our department seems to go through a manager a year. The ones that seemed to work effectively on department issues ran into difficulty in the hierarchy.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe bottom line is important, but don't forget about the mission.

Worked for PeaceHealth? Contribute to the Community!