PeaceHealth Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.3
Alan Yordy

Pros
  • Most employees see patient care as a team effort (in 5 reviews)

• Good people always willing to help (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management either not qualified or indifferent to the challenges of those providing direct patient care (in 7 reviews)

• Don't believe it for a second when they call PeaceHealth non-profit (in 3 reviews)

1. St. Josephs Bellingham

Former Employee - Laboratory Assistant
    Former Employee - Laboratory Assistant

I worked at PeaceHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Co-workers! Everyone is easy to get along with and knows how to get their work done. Fast paced and quite a bit to do, which makes the day go by fast. Shift differential on evenings and nights is nice to have. They are also unionized.

Cons

Managers above my immediate supervisors were less than pleasant to interact with and don't seem to value their employees, which is why the union was started last year. Bureaucratic BS is apparent throughout. Hospital administrators are WAY overpaid while they say they need to lay-off employees and freeze hiring. Wages are below the state average for most, if not all, positions in the laboratory.

2. Underpaid

Current Employee - Referral & Authorization Specialist in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Referral & Authorization Specialist in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at PeaceHealth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers, managers are amazing and the hours are flexible.

Cons

The benefits are terrible and the pay is not competitive.

Advice to Management

You need to become more competitive with your salaries and saying "well, you don't have to drive into Portland" is not justification for paying someone less than market rate.

3. Internist

I have been working at PeaceHealth full-time

Pros

nice supportive work environment. mission oriented values.

Cons

typical large administration of large organization, can be difficult to navigate.

5. RN, BSN

Current Employee - RN, Bsn in Longview, WA
    Current Employee - RN, Bsn in Longview, WA

I have been working at PeaceHealth part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Comparable pay with benefits. Small community with great staff and Doctors. Flexible scheduling for students. Tuition re-imbursement for those who will continue employement for at least one year after payment.

Cons

non-flexible shifts of 12* days/nights (there are not 8/10* shifts for medical floor nurses). No onsite childcare.

Advice to Management

I cannot say how important onsite childcare could be for the employees who are working 12* shifts. Peacehealth has had many building areas where this could be implemented and has yet to do so. With many healthcare workers being single family incomes this would benefit the company as well with decreased absenteeism.

Need Improvements

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Springfield, OR

I have been working at PeaceHealth full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

For the most part I enjoy working with most of my co-workers. I find that I am able to talk to my nurses way better than management.

Cons

A downside is that management does not support people that are lower on the chain. They only care about themselves.

So much potential

I worked at PeaceHealth full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They are looking to the future of healthcare. Epic is coming. Great mission and values.

Cons

They make being a nurse really hard. They also look outside before promoting their own. Some of the top leaders don't know the business and day to day operations of the hospital.

Advice to Management

Stay on message. Hold leaders and staff accountable.

Disappointing

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deer Island, OR
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Deer Island, OR

I have been working at PeaceHealth full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Anonymity, I get to work when and where I want, because nobody knows what is going on.

Cons

I really wanted this company to excel in the Northwest Market and maybe they will in the end, but the lack of communication and mass exodus from PeaceHealth is too much for me to stick around for.

Advice to Management

Talk to your staff. We want to make this company better but we don't feel like we are part of whatever master plan there may be.

Depends on the department

I worked at PeaceHealth

Pros

PeaceHealth can be a good place to work. Their focus for everyone is to be caring and considerate.

Cons

I worked at the Shared Services Center not everybody who works there follows that caring vision. There are managers there that are just the opposite. I worked in the facilities department and my manager was the biggest capital "B" ever. She was incompetent in her job and often threw other people under the bus to save face. I think she was related to someone with power because, first of all, she did not have a 4 year degree that is required of managers at PH, secondly she had no facilities experience and did not know what the "H" she was doing. Don't apply for any job in facilities at the Shared Services Center!

Advice to Management

Fire your Facilities Manager

Not what it seems or should be.

Current Employee - Scheduler in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Scheduler in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at PeaceHealth full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits, good location and hours.

Cons

High Stress, not good management

Advice to Management

Worked for Peacehealth for several Months, scheduling patient appointments. Position was high volume and very high stressful, when making recommendations to streamline calls and workload it was deemed I was negitive, when pointing out hipaa violations I was told that this is Peacehealth not the last hospital I worked at, I have work for 10+ years in 2 other hospitals in the U.S.. Office is using outdated medical software but is supposed to upgrade to Epic in several months, in which I was a super user in my last position. One thing during the interview progress I asked what was the employee turnover rate for the last 12 Months and they told me no one has left and the current employees that were there have been there for years. One week after I started I got my first red flag by finding out that out of the 7 employees not including me, 4 of them had started within the last the last 90 days.

Poor Staffing

Current Employee - Staff RN
    Current Employee - Staff RN

I have been working at PeaceHealth (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great staffing most of the time on L&D.

Cons

Started hiking our benefits in 2012, because of that we've essentially lost a decent amount hourly..... Most profitable location, yet treats employes like crap!

RSS Feed </> Embed