PeachMac Reviews

• Part-time
Employment Status

Reset
Darryl Peck

1. The people mad it the best company I have ever worked for.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montgomery, AL

I worked at PeachMac part-time

Pros

-You meet all kinds of interesting people who come to you with problems and you get the gratifying experience of pointing them to a solution. -You work with Apple products - My boss was always looking to find the best qualities about each employee and harness it.

Cons

You pretty much stand on your feet all day but other than that I did not see any reasons to not want to go to work

2. Fun Place

Former Employee - Sales Specialist to Service Writer
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist to Service Writer

Pros

Co-workers and fun work environment. They push you, but never beyond what you are capable of.

Cons

The management seems to be done by the people that are not getting paid for it. Management tends to sit around in most cases while the grunts do most of the duties.

Advice to Management

Pick up your feet or get out. The people on the bottom of the totem pole seem to be the ones that care the most in this company and it is hard to care for a company that your boss will not help you run.

3. Awful Upper Management

Former Employee - Apple Retail Specialist
    Former Employee - Apple Retail Specialist

I worked at PeachMac full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

General managers of the store care about their employees. Incentives to over perform. Fun customer base. Availability of shifts and hours.

Cons

District managers are rude and undeserving of their positions. They personally verbally attack employees and fire good sales specialists just for personality differences, not poor performance. They do not allow the general store managers to run the store as they see fit; instead, they micromanage and make everyone's life miserable.

Advice to Management

Close.

5. very fun

Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist in Tampa, FL

Pros

apple products everywhere you go

Cons

long shifts here and there

6. A Stepping Stone

Current Employee - Sales Specialist
    Current Employee - Sales Specialist

I have been working at PeachMac part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I love that I get to work with Apple products and learn so many things about them. I feel as if I am well trained and treated well.

Cons

There is not always wonderful hours, if there is not enough revenue or foot traffic, you can be sent home early.

Advice to Management

Consider paying a little bit more and instead of hiring so many, offering more hours to the ones you do have. There is a thousand part-time workers and not so many full time. Just my opinion.

7. Hard, testing, rewarding!

I have been working at PeachMac full-time (More than a year)

Pros

PeachMac has been a roller coaster of an employment. Being in management is a taxing job, but that is retail in general. The corporate team has had a lot of changes made to it in the last year, but Howard (Retail Director) has handled the task of running a lot of this stuff well. I work with an awesome group of managers not just in my store but in all the other locations as well. We keep in touch and help keep motivated. There are days you just want to throw the towel in and give up but the team here just becomes a family and they help keep you going! Even the corporate team, while they can be a pain in the butt and drive you to drink, even will jump in and give words of encouragement.

Cons

Corporate does need a little more structure for supporting the stores. Howard has been doing a great job, but the guy needs help. The company needs DM's or something to support the stores a little better. Also, and again this is just retail, but customers can be ridiculously unforgiving. Make sure you have thick skin, because they show no mercy. They think the employees are the rude people, man do I wish there was a BBB for customers.

Advice to Management

Get some more support for the stores, DM's or something.

8. It is a casual, fun and interesting job but it is hard work.

I have been working at PeachMac full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The company has gone throw some growing pains but has made a lot of positive changes. The business model to a certain extent is dependent upon Apple which can be ambiguous and uncertain. However, a lot of changes that have been made are changes that will help the company in the next 5-10 years be very successful.

Cons

Being defendant upon Apple to release product can create strange traffic flow for the stores, and make it difficult to plan out initiatives. Since there isn't as much corporate support it took a little bit longer to fix some of the things that needed to be fixed in the stores.

Advice to Management

Better job of selling the why to the people in the stores. Everyone at corporate needs to be be impact players. Operations manager isn't bought in and it shows. Stores could be better supported moving forward to make sure the culture piece is intact.

9. Sales specialist

Former Employee - Sales Specialist
    Former Employee - Sales Specialist

I worked at PeachMac full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid sales training, flexible staff, fun environment, not commission based

Cons

Customers can be difficult to work with when technology fails. Other than that it is a relatively fun place to work.

Advice to Management

Don't undermine the importance of good specialists, they are the driving force when it comes to moving product and maintaining customer satisfaction.

10. It's an "okay" place to work

Former Employee - Apple Specialist
    Former Employee - Apple Specialist

I worked at PeachMac part-time (More than a year)

Pros

The customers are so happy and friendly. Just knowing that you helped someone is all that really matters.

Cons

Managers show favoritism . Some of the staff is always calling out or always late. Some of the Managers are VERY RUDE to the employees and customers. The staff is under paid for the amount of stuff they have to do.

Advice to Management

Fire the management and start over.

11. They burn the loyalty right out of you.

Former Employee - Senior Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Assistant Manager

I worked at PeachMac full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I started at PeachMac, I had a fantastic manager and wonderful co-workers that knew how to have fun, show appreciation, welcomed tough feedback, and only ever wanted to see the best of each of their people. In no time I was being developed into a leadership role, improving my confidence, and being moved to another store. Here, too, I encountered wonderful people who will forever remain close to my heart.

Cons

After the first year corporate changed their policies and practices. In turn, they fired too many people and never filled the vacant positions with competent people. I progressed into their corporate store and was lied to, stabbed in the back, and found that I could not trust even those I thought I could confide in. Their solution to every issue is to fire someone, they have no HR department, and their way of motivating you when you are having a hard time believing in yourself and your company (after two years of swearing up and down they are the best thing that's ever happened to you and moving three times in a year for them) is to say they "know how to motivate people and push their 'go' buttons" and then threaten to fire you. Their turnover rates in the Athens store in particular are OUTRAGEOUS. People regularly just walk out and never come back because they are taken for granted and unappriciated.

Advice to Management

Get your act together. You are not Apple. Stop hiring people from Apple and trying to implement Apple policies. Go back to basics. You've forgotten your people and the culture and loyalty you once prided yourself on is dead and rotting. It doesn't matter what store you go to, everyone hates corporate and the company because there is no-one on their side. Bring someone in to do HR full time and be there for your people. Reward them and show them that you actually care about them too, and maybe you won't keep having people WALK OUT ON YOU. I hope you are able to pull yourselves back together because you have some terrific, loyal people who would be great assets if you gave them the chance like you once gave me.

RSS Feed </> Embed