Peachtree Settlement Funding

Add Photos

James D. Terlizzi

Great while it lasted

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe money was good for me.

ConsHeadquarters is a little weird

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are not as smart as you think you are.

Truly and Unimaginably Awful

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt is almost impossible for me to think of something good to say about this company. I guess it's nice that your paid time off starts accumulating right away.

ConsI cannot stress how important it is that you, person considering working here, do NOT go through with it. Peachtree is without a doubt the worst job I've ever had. Working there actually made me depressed. And it's not because of the calls. I believe that some jobs that involve cold calling are not all awful. Peachtree is a terrible place to work because the people in charge, with a few exceptions, have no souls. There is a podium in the middle of the sales floor where the Vice President sits and literally (and I mean LITERALLY... the true sense of the word, as in this actually happens) screams at violently swears at everyone on the floor. The "Group Leads" who work under him have been making calls for 5-10 YEARS and do not see a time when they will not be making calls because there is absolutely no room to advance. There is literally no reward for giving your soul to making 100 calls a day to numbers that are disconnected. These managers will try to tell you they no longer make calls, but I sat next to one for my entire time there. They are cold calling people as much as the account executives. And they are all dirty SOULLESS people. However intricately they can explain otherwise to Peachtree customers, they are taking advantage of people's desperation. If you have a soul and want to keep it, I beg you to not work here.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange everything. I know that's never going to happen. My advice here is not for you but for unsuspecting job seekers.

It was a decent job but you need thick skin.

Boynton Beach, FL

ProsCompensation, benefits, company events, and HR department were good to excellent. You could get lucky and have a $10,000.00 phone call or have a deal close in two weeks.

ConsVery competitive industry. There are quite a few things that can go wrong that you have no control over and must explain to the customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementSwitch to a brokerage model. Shift liability and advertising costs to employees.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A lot of activity for little return

Business Development (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsCo-workers were great, everyone was nice (in Atlanta office).

ConsIt always felt as though you were ripping someone off. It is legitimate and serves a need. I think the problem is that it has a lot of lawyers & insurance agents involved and therefore it is hard to get or be allowed to give a straight answer.

Harvard Business Case Study!

Finance Analyst (Former Employee)
    Boynton Beach, FL

ProsThe services the company offers are unique, interesting, and challenging. You will gain a lot of DB, Access and Excel skills. The business model is complex (nearly 30 "subsidiaries") so you will be challenged (at least in the beginning). New management in 2012 (I left in 2011).

ConsNo annual increase, bonus, or opportunities. Lack of culture, appreciation, and morale. Senior management by far is the worst you can think of. You will cross pass and they will not acknowlege you. That is why my headline reads "HB Case Study" so students can learn what not to do!

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to listen to your employees, boost morale, and show appreciation. Hopefully, the new team will turn things around.

Account Executive

Boynton Beach, FL

ProsThe pay was average with the market. Other places such as Client First and Imperial paid their employees more money.

ConsPeachtree sold out to JGW. They left all the sales floor out of a job.

The Blind Leading The Blind

Radnor, PA

ProsExtreme lack of oversight. You can basically do whatever you want and surf the internet all day and nobody would notice. There is very little demands in terms of job responsibility as long as you hit your monthly numbers. Every Friday they buy the office bagels and coffee there is free.

ConsVery poor leadership. Associate to manager ratio is about 2:1 and there is no guidance at all for how to perform your job. Training program consisted of a one hour presentation on powerpoint. They have no ethical or moral standards, will do anything to poach a client or steal a commission including passing leads to managers first who would rather get the sale themselves than take you through the sales process of how they sell. Job consists of cold calling people on do not call list who hang up on you 9 times out of 10 before you can even introduce your name. Management is unprofessional using curse words and inappropriate language at will. Technology on the phone system would break down at least once per 10 days causing very little productivity.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a true training staff that educates people on how the business is run, and support the employees by encouraging them to sell rather than demanding results and cursing at them when they are new.

this place is a joke

Boynton Beach, FL

ProsIf you were smart, you could get away with anything

Consit was like being in high school, but with out any of the good parts of high school. mngt doesnt care about employees, only about themselves. there has been a +3yr salary and bonus freeze, while upper mngt continued to recieve raises and bonuses. the place is a joke

adequate

West Palm Beach, FL

ProsGood income, stability, work not difficult

Consno advancement, too many managers, not enough real leadership

Advice to Senior ManagementListen more to employees

Give careful consideration to work enviornment

Account Executive (Current Employee)
    Boynton Beach, FL

ProsGood training is provided by company

ConsProduction was the only item of concern to management

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat staff and employees with respect

Worked for Peachtree Settlement Funding? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Peachtree Settlement Funding reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Peachtree Settlement Funding CEO James D. Terlizzi . All 10 reviews posted anonymously by Peachtree Settlement Funding employees.