Peachtree Settlement Funding

A Good Place To Work For

Former Employee - Clerical Worker in Boynton Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Clerical Worker in Boynton Beach, FL

I worked at Peachtree Settlement Funding full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I started at Peachtree as a temporary associate, through a nationally known staffing service. I was given a job to do and left alone to do it. No micro-management. When I accumulated enough hours, I was made permanent. The contributory health insurance, personal time, and vacation time were very generous. My co-workers, supervisors, and mangers were encouraging and empowering.

Cons

Peachtree was deeply impacted by "The Great Recession," and that did not help the overall company culture. But we did the best we could with what we had.

It's been a while, and there have been major changes to Peachtree, so I have no real advice.

Work

I have been working at Peachtree Settlement Funding

Pros

compensation is well structured here.

Cons

there are no cons to working here

Truly and Unimaginably Awful

I worked at Peachtree Settlement Funding full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It is almost impossible for me to think of something good to say about this company. I guess it's nice that your paid time off starts accumulating right away.

Cons

I cannot stress how important it is that you, person considering working here, do NOT go through with it. Peachtree is without a doubt the worst job I've ever had. Working there actually made me depressed. And it's not because of the calls. I believe that some jobs that involve cold calling are not all awful. Peachtree is a terrible place to work because the people in charge, with a few exceptions, have no souls. There is a podium in the middle of the sales floor where the Vice President sits and literally (and I mean LITERALLY... the true sense of the word, as in this actually happens) screams at violently swears at everyone on the floor. The "Group Leads" who work under him have been making calls for 5-10 YEARS and do not see a time when they will not be making calls because there is absolutely no room to advance. There is literally no reward for giving your soul to making 100 calls a day to numbers that are disconnected. These managers will try to tell you they no longer make calls, but I sat next to one for my entire time there. They are cold calling people as much as the account executives. And they are all dirty SOULLESS people. However intricately they can explain otherwise to Peachtree customers, they are taking advantage of people's desperation. If you have a soul and want to keep it, I beg you to not work here.

Change everything. I know that's never going to happen. My advice here is not for you but for unsuspecting job seekers.

Great while it lasted

I worked at Peachtree Settlement Funding full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The money was good for me.

Cons

Headquarters is a little weird

You are not as smart as you think you are.

It was a decent job but you need thick skin.

I worked at Peachtree Settlement Funding full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation, benefits, company events, and HR department were good to excellent. You could get lucky and have a $10,000.00 phone call or have a deal close in two weeks.

Cons

Very competitive industry. There are quite a few things that can go wrong that you have no control over and must explain to the customers.

Switch to a brokerage model. Shift liability and advertising costs to employees.

A lot of activity for little return

Former Employee - Business Development in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Development in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Peachtree Settlement Funding full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Co-workers were great, everyone was nice (in Atlanta office).

Cons

It always felt as though you were ripping someone off. It is legitimate and serves a need. I think the problem is that it has a lot of lawyers & insurance agents involved and therefore it is hard to get or be allowed to give a straight answer.

Account Executive

I worked at Peachtree Settlement Funding full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The pay was average with the market. Other places such as Client First and Imperial paid their employees more money.

Cons

Peachtree sold out to JGW. They left all the sales floor out of a job.

Harvard Business Case Study!

Former Employee - Finance Analyst in Boynton Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Finance Analyst in Boynton Beach, FL

I worked at Peachtree Settlement Funding full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The services the company offers are unique, interesting, and challenging. You will gain a lot of DB, Access and Excel skills. The business model is complex (nearly 30 "subsidiaries") so you will be challenged (at least in the beginning). New management in 2012 (I left in 2011).

Cons

No annual increase, bonus, or opportunities. Lack of culture, appreciation, and morale. Senior management by far is the worst you can think of. You will cross pass and they will not acknowlege you. That is why my headline reads "HB Case Study" so students can learn what not to do!

Try to listen to your employees, boost morale, and show appreciation. Hopefully, the new team will turn things around.

The Blind Leading The Blind

Former Employee - Account Executive in Radnor, PA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Radnor, PA

I worked at Peachtree Settlement Funding full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Extreme lack of oversight. You can basically do whatever you want and surf the internet all day and nobody would notice. There is very little demands in terms of job responsibility as long as you hit your monthly numbers. Every Friday they buy the office bagels and coffee there is free.

Cons

Very poor leadership. Associate to manager ratio is about 2:1 and there is no guidance at all for how to perform your job. Training program consisted of a one hour presentation on powerpoint. They have no ethical or moral standards, will do anything to poach a client or steal a commission including passing leads to managers first who would rather get the sale themselves than take you through the sales process of how they sell. Job consists of cold calling people on do not call list who hang up on you 9 times out of 10 before you can even introduce your name. Management is unprofessional using curse words and inappropriate language at will. Technology on the phone system would break down at least once per 10 days causing very little productivity.

Hire a true training staff that educates people on how the business is run, and support the employees by encouraging them to sell rather than demanding results and cursing at them when they are new.

this place is a joke

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boynton Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boynton Beach, FL

I worked at Peachtree Settlement Funding

Pros

If you were smart, you could get away with anything

Cons

it was like being in high school, but with out any of the good parts of high school. mngt doesnt care about employees, only about themselves. there has been a +3yr salary and bonus freeze, while upper mngt continued to recieve raises and bonuses. the place is a joke