Peak 10

Peak 10 Reviews

Updated Jun 14, 2014

David Jones

A home away from home.

Technical Assistance Specialist (Former Employee)
    Jacksonville, FL

ProsThe people and culture makes this company stand out against all the rest. It doesn't feel like a large company because everyone is so personable. The environment makes it feel like home and family and less like ugh...work. That doesn't go for every market, but for mine it did. It makes a world of difference with team chemistry and productivity. The executives and management teams were at one point sitting in the technician seats, which makes a world of difference when processes and changes are implemented. It's refreshing to see common sense and logic used to form processes and procedures. Everyone's voice carries weight, from the top to the bottom. Rewards and compensation are plentiful as well as social events that bridge the gap between employees and customers. The environment is relaxed when it needs to be and fast paced when it needs to be. The company exudes their cores values and definitely lives by "We take our jobs seriously, but not ourselves." The exposure to just about every aspect of IT provides people a chance to see more than just a desktop. From Windows and Linux servers, to virtualization, firewalls, applications, backups, monitoring, disaster recovery, the list goes on. The people that complain are the ones that expect advancements and opportunities to be handed to them. It doesn't work that way. If you do the bare minimum, you can expect the same in return. If that last statement upset you, then you probably fall into that category. Those that are trying to learn and better themselves and Peak 10, stand out very quickly. I highly recommend this company, whether you are trying to get your feet wet in the IT industry or are a seasoned professional that is looking for a place to put your experience to good use and continue to grow.

ConsWeeding out the weak links can be a lengthy process. Management gives many chances and opportunities for people to improve as opposed to finding a better fit for the position. This isn't necessarily a con, since it shows how they value to people. I think I'm a bit more abrasive than some.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work! Don't let the haters get to you. Some people just get it...

If you are an intern, you should try to work here.

Sales & Marketing (Former Employee)

ProsAwesome company culture
    Cool and interesting environment
    Meaningful work
    Great coworkers
    Mentoring possibilities

ConsOther than the pay, there isn't anything bad

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

It helped me get to where I am now...by leaving.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsYou meet great people at this company.

ConsThey promote based on who they like, not on experience. Worked at the company for over 3 years and didn't feel like managment took my career seriously. Hard to want to stay when you don't feel motivated.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't forget the good people you have. They are who make your business.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sell, sell, sell.....

Infrastructure and Engineering (Current Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsPeak 10 is dedicated to providing customers with a complete solution. The company is focused on excellent values and principles.

ConsNot enough trained staff to support the installations, services and support

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain and maintain skilled members for the growing customer base.

Great people, lousy operational processes and service delivery execution

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsThe company is always striving to get better, it is not the same Peak 10 as four years ago.

ConsAs a sales professional in one of the remote markets, it seems like we do things for the very first time all the time. Products are not released fully documented or baked, leaving the sales team (particularly my SEs) in a bad situation. Compensation, particularly sales comp plans have gotten worse over the past three years. It's not very motivating...

Advice to Senior ManagementLove the intensity and pace, While things are getting more accurate it still is tough to properly position

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

just ok

ProsLots of flexibility at least in some departments. Seems to be growing . Lots of new positions and they are expanding.

ConsLots of changes right now. People are getting moved into other positions. It is making alot of people nervous because they are adding lots of staff and making alot of changes but no one is really talking about why. Lots of rumors flying. May be getting sold or acquired. May be buying or acquiring. A lot of people are not feeling there is long term job security.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open with the staff.

Solid leadership and great culture with a focus on the customer.

ProsAfter meeting with the leadership and working a bit with them, I am confident in their abilities to lead this company forward. It's an ever changing industry and they have it structured with growth in mind.

ConsThere aren't any main cons as of now. The question lies in where the industry is headed.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay flexible and keep growing.

ToTTo

ProsThey do a lot of social-type events and offer on-site exercise classes so those kinds of benefits are nice. They are located in 10 different cities in the US, so there are opportunities to move into other positions in other locations.

ConsToo many chiefs, not enough Indians. The marketing department is the biggest department and they keep adding people who don't seem to do anything but talk about how much they are doing for the company and who keep asking for more from people in other departments who seem to be the ones actually doing the work for marketing. . Meanwhile those other departments are understaffed and the employees in those areas overworked. There is a lot of turnover among the staff that work directly with customers in support roles. The company was acquired by Welsh Carsen who will probably sell the company off in the next 18 months so not sure how stable any positions are.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people who can actually do the work. Pay more attention to the people that actually deal with customers. Service should be the number one priority.

Very exciting company to work at!

Charlotte, NC

ProsSmall company feel, no bureaucracy, trusts employees & open to new ideas!

ConsCan lack in organization sometimes due to being a small company

Don't work here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIt acts like a small company so it's easy to directly reach out to pretty much everyone.

ConsThis company is changing from a small- to a medium-sized business and has no idea how to do it. Their only solution seems to be to hire more VPs who don't do anything.

Everyone I know here is miserable and most are looking elsewhere. If your job is at the bottom of the ladder (NOCs, Support), you'll be treated terribly. Both departments are understaffed and underpaid, especially the NOCs, who're getting call-center wages. Career advances are few, and have nothing to do with merit or seniority, just who can suck up to management the most. You'll be promised training and department improvements for years and never get them, plus you'll spend more time doing non-technical "busy work" than technical work, so any skills you have will rarely ever be used. Work-life balance is bad and they don't care if you have a family. The company is also extremely cheap, and while they have no problem spending lots of money on holiday parties, you'll have to fight constantly to get supplies and more employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people so your employees aren't working 6-7 days a week for 12+ hours when someone goes on vacation or quits/gets fired. Pay your people what they're worth. Deal with the problem people instead of letting them slide for years, leading to your good employees getting frustrated and leaving.

Worked for Peak 10? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Peak 10 reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Peak 10 CEO David Jones. All 16 reviews posted anonymously by Peak 10 employees.