Peak Health Solutions Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
3.1
CEO

Great, growing company with tremendous opportunity!

Current Employee - Operations in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Operations in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Peak Health Solutions full-time

Pros

Triple digit growth in the Risk Adjustment business. Management goes out of their way to mitigate the "growing pains". The company is building a great culture with top notch leadership additions in HR, Finance and Operations. Great benefits, employee programs and flexibility!

Cons

Some hires haven't kept up with the fast pace and tremendous opportunity.

Advice to Management

Keep doing right by your people!

The inmates are running the asylum!!

I worked at Peak Health Solutions (Less than a year)

Pros

Working 100% remote is the only PRO

Cons

Unprofessional, un-skilled, highly Egotistical (God only knows why!) I have not idea why these "managers" and "project managers" were hired in the first place. This shows a much deeper issue within this company. Just because you have more experience and know what you're doing in you position doesn't give them the right to harass and bully you. I feel sorry for anyone who gets hired.

Could use some improvement

Current Employee - Remote Outpatient VA Coder in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Remote Outpatient VA Coder in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Peak Health Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, communication has improved within remote coders and remote coding supervisors, ICD-10 training forthcoming, great benefits package

Cons

Due to waiting for the VA to provide access, there are long wait times for additional work for additional clients. Logins don't always work. Still waiting for ICD-10 training to begin.

Advice to Management

I'm not sure why ICD-10 training hasn't started as we are less than six months away. Last year, we were allowed to claim 5 hours per week of paid training for doing modules. To be honest, I know that if I were still working in an office, training would be paid and part of my workday, so it shouldn't fall on me to learn outside of work hours. We have families and other obligations outside of forty working hours. I have no problem doing additional work as necessary, but I'm not in a typical work environment. Also, I haven't had a raise since the beginning of my employment. Do you credit long-term employees with loyalty and improvement? It's great that you provide bonuses for referrals, but how about increasing pay for those who are already part of the team? Other companies are reaching out to us. Give us a reason to stay. I appreciate the benefits and the improvement to interact. The REACH program seems nice for a big group, but as a remote coder, I interact with an auditor and a coding supervisor. Seems like that would work better for people who see each other every day and get to know work ethic and personalities. When we have down time and a site can't provide work or we don't have another client to code, can we get paid to do education in the interim? Wouldn't that benefit you AND ME? Why should we lose income because we can't code? I'm willing to give forty hours of my week to you (even more if you ask), and it hurts my family financially and myself when I'm told that any time I'm not coding, I'm not able to be compensated. I want to feel like we're in a partnership and I will give you my best. You have my promise.

Pro-Fee Coder

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boise, ID

I have been working at Peak Health Solutions (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours and great Managers!

Cons

Low pay, sub-par benefits, pro-fee people are considered not worthy of higher pay, education reimbursement only $400 a year, which barely covers AHIMA/AAPC dues and new books. No raises. Mocked by Upper Management who are very disorganized. No opportunity for advancement. Increase PTO time for a necessary wrok/life balance for those of us with families

Advice to Management

Up your game. Offer good benefits- PTO time, and health insurance, don't make us beg for raises, understand continuing education is important. You'll never retain good employees in the direction you are heading. If you make new policies effective May 1st, don't tell us in June!! Looking for a new job, and have been contacted by 4 recruiters in the last month alone.

Jun 29, 2015Director of Marketing

Thank you for your feedback! Peak employees are actually now gaining financial compensation beyond the standard $200/$400 annual allowance and they can use their earned ICD-10 training bonuses ... More

Great Company to Work For!

Current Employee - Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Peak Health Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working for Peak has been a pleasure. The employees are extremely helpful and knowledgeable. The hiring process was very smooth and as an employee I am treated very well. The pay and benefits are more than fair and the training and education that they offer is better than anything else out there. If you have the opportunity to join Peak, I would highly recommend it. Overall it has been the best company I have ever worked for.

Cons

Nothing that I can think over. This is a great company to work for!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!!!

Great, Long waiting times for access

Current Employee - Coder
    Current Employee - Coder

I have been working at Peak Health Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They are very supportive
    Great Benefits

Cons

Coding Managers lack people skills

Advice to Management

Vetting your promotion process

Not as expected

Former Employee - Medical in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Medical in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Peak Health Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I wish I could think of one good thing....but I can't.

Cons

I expected more work. One week Ill have assignments then its days or longer till another assignment. Also the call people are very rude. There is no employee appreciation at all. The upper management talks down to everyone.

Advice to Management

You need to fix alot of issues. Start by providing work as promised. Pretend to care about your employees, even though you do not.

Apr 24, 2015Director of Marketing

Peak Health Solutions strives to provide excellent opportunities and company culture. Please visit our website to learn more about Peak. www.peakhs.com

NP

I worked at Peak Health Solutions

Pros

competative salary with sub par benefits

Cons

Unorganized, difficult to get internal questions answered, highly technical with poor communication company wide, employer did jot follow through with promises on several occasions, untrustworthy management

Apr 24, 2015Director of Marketing

Please refer your comments to Peak Risk Adjustment Solutions, not Peak Health Solutions. www.peakras.com

Peak is happy to announce our 2015 Comprehensive Benefits Package, including a 401(K
    ... More

Company is going downhill

Current Employee - Medical Coder in Midwest, WY
    Current Employee - Medical Coder in Midwest, WY

I have been working at Peak Health Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pros are flexible work week, ability to work independently and not bothered. Managers are great, but Upper Management doesn't give them the lee-way to really manage their staff.

Cons

Pay is low. Benefits are terrible- this latest roll out of benefits are really bad. Not sure what they were thinking. PTO is only 2 weeks a year; not good work/life balance for employees. Training and education is pretty much non-existent. No real reimbursement for education so you can improve professionally and gain more knowledge and stay on cutting edges of changes. Health/Dental/Vision offered; way too expensive and ridiculously horribly coverage. Thankfully I am covered under my Husband's benefits. Upper management really doesn't care about employees needs; they do what's in their best interests- not the hard-working employees. Raises non-existent. No reimbursement for office supplies and/or internet use, computer, etc. All these reasons are enough to look for another job.

Advice to Management

Offer better health/dental/vision benefits. Get Encoder for employee use as a tool to help employees perform better at their job duties. Pay for part of education so your employees can further themselves professionally by obtaining higher levels of knowledge- and in return you get better educated employees that do better at their job. PTO should be 3 weeks a year. Give raises!!! Act like you care! Offer discounts in terms of programs that promote wellness in employees, communicate better! Offer more reimbursement for education and books. Pay for time spent on education.

Apr 24, 2015Director of Marketing

Peak is happy to announce our 2015 Comprehensive Benefits Package!

Medical/Dental/Vision

Great environment

Current Employee - Headquarters in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Headquarters in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Peak Health Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun, Professional, Growing, Improving, Industry Leaders. A nationwide company that engages all its remote employees. Open communication and a fun culture.

Cons

Teamwork between regional offices is always improving.

RSS Feed </> Embed