Pearl Technology

Updated September 12, 2014
3.6

Gary Pearl
1 Rating

Good place to work but underpaid

Current Employee - Senior Applications Developer  in  Peoria Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Applications Developer in Peoria Heights, IL

I have been working at Pearl Technology

Pros

The company provides fairly good benefit and opportunities to work with different clients and learn new technologies.

Cons

Good employees are underpaid. Employees with poor performance drag down the company's profitability.

Increase salary to keep good employees and only keep good employees

Wonderful co workers but employees are underpaid and upper management is disconnected from their employees.

Current Employee - Clerical  in  Peoria Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Clerical in Peoria Heights, IL

I have been working at Pearl Technology full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have stayed because of my co workers who are great. Company is willing to work around schedule.

Cons

Lots of cons. Many employees are promised advancement but that is rare and raises are never. Many go years without raises. I know the dealerships are mismanaged and communication is horrible. Bad employees are never reprimanded and instead the group as a whole is. Dealerships are understaffed so while the company is pinching pennies they are loosing dollars! I know many employees that do 3 other jobs because it's easier to throw it on an underpaid employee. I know pearl tech seems like a decent place to work but the pearl dealerships are NOT.

Listen to your employees and genuinely care and appreciate their input. There are loyal employees but many are leaving because of stressful understaffed conditions. You get what you pay for. Go with a cheap young kid and you have consistent turn around. Maintenance and tech repairs should be handled quickly not weeks later because they are "low priority."

Overall, You can't find a better place to work in Central Illinois.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Peoria Heights, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peoria Heights, IL

I have been working at Pearl Technology

Pros

Great people, receptive leadership, productive and fun work environment. Peers and leaders alike strive and push for personal and professional achievements and offer great support for those working on advancing their own career. You can also be creative in your job tasks to better serve the company, clients and yourself!

Cons

You can run into goofy or long hours but nobody is asked to do this by someone who isn't willing or won't to do it themselves. This is more of a Con of the industry and not the company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great environment, good place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Pearl Technology

Pros

Autonomy to get your job done as you see fit.
    No micromanagement.

Cons

Sometimes takes a long time to get things done.

Worked for Pearl Technology? Contribute to the Community!