Pearle Vision

underpaid opticians

Optician (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at Pearle Vision

ProsI can't really say there are any. If your a part-time employee, the manager is very flexible with scheduling. Good workplace for a college student. The doctors are the best.

ConsBoss favors women and treats male employees with very little respect. Employees no call no show and still have jobs. Employees with no experience get same rate as employees with multiple years. Part-time employees have the upper hand. Absolutely no room for advancement. I've seen employees undergo two years of productive employment with out a raise. Some employees are rude and belligerent, which consist of burping, farting, pretending to throw up, talking about hardcore sex acts.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf there was a competent form of hr there would be trouble

great place for a college student to work

Optical Professional (Former Employee)
San Jose, CA

I worked at Pearle Vision

Prosone of the reasons to work for pearle vision was their pay and benefits structure. i paid for college while working there. on top of a competitive hourly rate for sales associates, you get commission on things you sell. most everyone who comes in for an eye exam will end up buying glasses, so most of the work is already done for you.

Consone of the downsides of working for Pearle Vision now is lots of changes with it being bought by cole managed vision, who also owns lens crafters. all of its promotions are the same, except lens crafters are known to deliver within an hour...a competative advantage of Pearle Vision.

Advice to Senior Managementsenior management needs to do more company events where stores in the same area can meet and greet each other since sometimes they reach out for help from store to store.

Worst Experience in my 30 year career!

General Amanger (Former Employee)

I worked at Pearle Vision full-time for less than a year

Prossalary was good, although bonus was taken away after I was hired !

ConsOwner of the franchise was a micro manager, she redid everything anyone did, She used to slap my left hand on the computer in front of customers because she wanted me ti use my right hand! She also made the doctors cry!

Advice to Senior ManagementChill out! You spend alot on money on salaries, trust that your people can do the job!

regular sales job

Sales (Former Employee)
Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

I worked at Pearle Vision part-time for less than a year

ProsFlexible hours, low stress job.

ConsEven though i was making top sales in the region every month since the beginning of my employment there, my first performance review was "satisfactory" only because I didn't have seniority. I thought it was supposed to be performance review rather than seniority review.

Worked for Pearle Vision? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pearle Vision reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pearle Vision CEO Kerry Bradley. All 14 reviews posted anonymously by Pearle Vision employees.