Pebble Beach

Bill Perocchi

Absolutely amazing

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pacific Grove, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Pacific Grove, CA

I have been working at Pebble Beach full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Amazing health benefits
    Amazing co-workers in EVERY department
    Amazing management
    Amazing standards
    Amazing atmosphere inside and outside

Cons

Health benefits for full and part time only

No advice needed.

I was a cashier at the beer and wine tent at the Concours de Elegance which is a car show held yearly at Pebble Beach.

Former Contractor - Cashier in Pebble Beach, CA
    Former Contractor - Cashier in Pebble Beach, CA

I worked at Pebble Beach as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

I was able to walk around the event after I got off work and looked at all the cars. The company does feed you well and the rest of the staff was friendly overall. You should be able to work in a fast-paced environment and also deal with high-net worth individuals.

Cons

Hours and positions are first come first serve because of the job fair. You have to get there as early as possible to get the job that you want. I heard that being a waiter was the best position because you also got to collect tips, and the customers usually tipped well. Unfortunately, I was left with being a cashier.

Zero employee loyalty

Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Pebble Beach full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The scenery is spectacular. Met some wonderful people. Many loyal coworkers give years of service. Working here looks good on resume.

Cons

They look for ways to get rid of you if you're close to retirement or full time. There's no loyalty to long term employees. Management prefers to give job advancement to employees who party with them, not to those who are the most qualified. The owners are a good old boys club who feel they don't have to play by the rules. Executives and management follow their examples and treat employees very poorly.

Treat employees like human beings, not like dirt.

Like being married to a trophy wife who can never be pleased...

I worked at Pebble Beach

Pros

The scenery is spectacular. The events can be exciting. The employee cafeteria occasionally has really good food.

Cons

The company expects you to bend over backwards, while they think of ways to avoid proper compensation. Career advancement is non-existent, unless you party off duty with management (which is against company policy). As one reviewer mentioned, some departments suffer from very poor management, and from creating a cliquish atmosphere that prevents truly excellent employees from moving upwards. This greatly affects employee moral, which in turn greatly affects the quality of guest experience. Services are overpriced, such as golf. Too much emphasis placed on building more golf courses, and lodging, but no solutions for long term water usage, or for environmental impact on expansion of infrastructure. What will happen when more people flock to the resort? Traffic and overcrowding, resulting in eventual diminished quality of services. Execs and owners don't seem to care. The biggest con? The ambitions of a few are ruining the legacy.

What advice can you give to someone blinded by avarice? The best advice is stop treating Pebble Beach like it's your own private Idaho. It may be a private resort, privately owned, privately operated, but the two most precious resources, people and the environment (water, land, etc.), are not inexhaustible resources. Neither are they privately exclusive.These two essential resources come from the community at large. Treat them with the dignity, respect and honor they so well deserve.

Beautiful Scenery with Oppressive Management

Current Employee - Manager in Pebble Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Pebble Beach, CA

I have been working at Pebble Beach full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It is a beautiful place to work. It is right on the coast tucked into a forest. One of the employee benefits is that you can play golf for free.

Cons

The executive management has the opinion that you are lucky to work here and doesn't really care about morale.

Treat the employees a little more like they are part of your team and not just a cog in your machine.

Valuable work place experience

Former Employee - Customer Service in Pebble Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Pebble Beach, CA

I worked at Pebble Beach part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great views. Great atmosphere and working environment and employees. I'm glad I had the opportunity to work there for a short time before I had to move to another city.

Cons

There is not much cons to begin with. To be honest, I can't recall a bad experience I had while working here at all.

Crappy place to work

I have been working at Pebble Beach

Pros

beautiful surrounding area and good benefits.

Cons

Management has idea that employees are disposable.

Take care of employees by giving positive and often verbal praise for a good job done and reward them accordingly for their hard work and time with company.

Great experience soured by politics and grumpy employees

I worked at Pebble Beach

Pros

Looks good on a resume, beautiful place to work if you're outside.

Cons

Politics prevent you from moving up. There is no career growth or development here unless you're a 'favorite'.

Get off your high horse

I have had a long and very satisfying career at Pebble Beach Company. You work hard, but here are many benefits.

I have been working at Pebble Beach full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Beautiful place to work; excellent salary and benefits. The special events that are held here every year bring the world's spotlight to us. You get to meet and interact with many interesting people. One of the greatest ownership groups in US business history runs the place -- Clint Eastwood, Dick Ferris, Arnold Palmer, Bill Perocchi, and Peter Ueberroth.

Cons

Work life balance can be an issue, particularly during certain times of the year. People have to work hard to make this place the best golf resort in the world. Career opportunities can be somewhat limited because many people work here for a long time, so job openings in some positions are few.

Never felt appreciated by the company.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pebble Beach, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pebble Beach, CA

I worked at Pebble Beach full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The people you work with are wonderful assets to the company.

Cons

I gave up a lot of personal time to promote the company.

Realize the effort the people make to promote the company.