Pediatric Home Service

1. Be a part of something meaningful

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN

I have been working at Pediatric Home Service full-time

Pros

The culture is amazing. I've been with PHS for quite some time and have been constantly impressed that through the growth we've seen, especially in the last few years, that the leadership continues to put an emphasis on the importance of maintaining the PHS culture.
    Everyday is something new and there are countless opportunities to be a part of strategic initiative groups to help broaden the impact you can have in the organization.
    There are a lot of jobs out there, but not a lot where you get to have an impact where you feel that you are truly making a difference in the lives of the people you serve, PHS is one of those places. Everyone in the company makes it a point to help each employee see how their position will impact the families that we get to take care of, and at the end of the day, it feels good to know you're making the world a better place.

Cons

For some positions I'm not sure the pay is up to par but this has to be weighed against the amazing work life balance that the company offers as well as the unreal paid time off policy. Can't be beat.

Advice to Management

Recognize when your employees are doing more than their pay grade and keep their pay competitive with other companies with similar positions.

Nov 25, 2014HR Generalist

Thank you for sharing your thoughts regarding your experience at PHS. We value you and your input and appreciate you taking the time to share what is important to you and how the culture positively ... More

2. Top Work place

Current Employee - Staff RN in Roseville, MN
    Current Employee - Staff RN in Roseville, MN

I have been working at Pediatric Home Service full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, electronic charting, positive work environment, full benefits available, top pay for homecare.

Cons

May lose hours at times due to patient hospitalizations.

May 4, 2015TMP

Thank you for taking time to complete a review. I appreciate hearing about the things you enjoy and appreciate about PHS.

I also appreciate hearing about the challenge of losing hours when our
    ... More

3. Best place I've ever worked!

I have been working at Pediatric Home Service full-time

Pros

At PHS, you matter. You are more than just a number. You are valued. From the owner, to the president, throughout the Sr. and Management team, everyone CARES about you.
    Also, the work we do is so meaningful. How could you not want to get kids home with their families? Each of us has a part in that.

Cons

None; Continue doing what you're doing.

Advice to Management

Keep recognizing and relating to ALL employees. Continue taking the time to be genuinely interested in each employee. Also, keep the fun events!

Oct 2, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback. I agree that it is important to recognize and relate to all employees, in turn helping us take care of our patients and families, which is a ... More

5. I can say I truly found an amazing work environment!

I have been working at Pediatric Home Service full-time (More than a year)

Pros

+Rewarding environment/benefits! The company has a work hard/play hard attitude. We have several company events, potlucks, holiday dinners, picnics, wellness events, etc. that stimulate comradery among co-workers.
    +PTO! PHS values time away from work. You start out with 21 days... (yes, 21.) and can accrue up to 36!
    +Work/life balance. You are never expected to take work home with you after hours and you definitely don't work crazy hours.
    +The opportunity to grow. Your supervisors encourage staff development. They want the organization to grow and develop leaders and encourage you to take classes, attend conferences and seminars outside of work.
    +The people. Everyone has a caring attitude, which is reflected in the services we provide. Have made some best friends by working here! Many of us hang out outside of work hours as well.
    +The feeling that what you are doing matters. At the end of the day, even if you are not in direct contact with patients, you have a rewarding feeling knowing that what you are doing is making a difference in the life of children.

Cons

Like any position, you still have a supervisor and people to report to.

Advice to Management

Keep encouraging staff development, fun events, and ways for employees to be rewarded for their hard work!

May 6, 2014HR Manager

Thank you for providing your feedback regarding your current employment. I am delighted to hear that you are enjoying your job, benefits, the culture and the vision that you deliver every day ... More

6. Excellent customer service focus

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Roseville, MN

I worked at Pediatric Home Service

Pros

Great environment. Great people. Strong desire and expectation for high levels of performance.

Cons

While benefits are good, health insurance is expensive, but that seems to be a common trend with most small businesses today.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. It was a pleasure working with all of you!

May 6, 2014TMP

Thank you for completing your review of PHS. I appreciate the time you took to share your past experience, and I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us.
    I have shared your sentiments
    ... More