Pediatrix Medical
www.mednax.com Sunrise, FL 5000+ Employees

Pediatrix Medical Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014
Pediatrix Medical – Lubbock – “New NICU (ground level) at University Medical…”

Pediatrix Medical CEO and Director Roger J. Medel

Roger J. Medel

Great corporate culture and a company that is on the move!

Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Pediatrix Medical full-time for less than a year

ProsCompany is focused on taking great care of the patient and shifting the administrative burden and red tape off of already busy Physicians. Company financial performance has been excellent with 16 acquisitions in 2012 and a strong start half way through 2013. But #1 is that the culture is excellent and very family orientated.

ConsCompany systems are not at the maturity stage of an established Fortune 500/1000 company. But there is a focus on improving and upgrading.

Advice to Senior ManagementA focus on the people that have built the company and helped the company succeed will never hurt and only fuel a companies future performance. So, more career coaching and investment in promoting from within.

Newborn hearing Screener

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Pediatrix Medical part-time

ProsWork environment, co workers, hours.

ConsSupervisors being out of state

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communitcation

overall satisfied

Hospital Associate (Current Employee)
Columbia, SC

I have been working at Pediatrix Medical full-time for more than 8 years

Prosgood benefits, good salary, alot of autonomy, flexibility with work hours, variation of work days, potential for quarterly and annual bonuses, good work relationships, holidays off, weekends off

Conssalary cap comes too quickly if start out at a decent pay rate, employee portion of benefits go up annually, PTO maxed out after 8 years, no continuing education possibilities unless clinical, no room for advancement unless in regional offices

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep all supervisors and management regional instead of local in hospital offices, need more regional training

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Potential

I have been working at Pediatrix Medical

ProsLots of talent, great potential for the company to continue to develop and accomplish major goals. Decent pay, good employee focus.

ConsCan be very bureaucratic, rapid growth in anesthesia division has made it difficult to get anything accomplished due to lack of resources (this might be more of an opportunity than a negative assessment, but it can at times be very frustrating)

Advice to Senior ManagementSet (and meet) expectations for communication and response time within the company.

"Love it"

Newborn Hearing Screener (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pediatrix Medical part-time for more than a year

ProsWorking with Newborns, flexibility, meeting new people everyday, working on your own at your own pace. Working in a hospital atmosphere with a great staff of nurses. My daughter is a postpartum nurse at one of the hospitals I work at so it makes it even better for me. I love this job!

ConsWorking holidays, finding someone to work for you if you can't work. The pay is decent, but you won't get rich with this job. Hours vary weekly so if you need to make a certain amount of money each payday then this job is not for you. But if you need a little extra spending money then this job is a great choice.

Advice to Senior Managementhigher pay and holiday pay would making working on a holiday easier that not being with your family. Making sure you hire mature, competent people in management positions that are professional in dress and everything else.Should have managerial experience .

Working for Pediatrix Medical Group

I have been working at Pediatrix Medical full-time for more than 5 years

ProsLarge Company - crosses all States

ConsDo not consider employee concerns into consideration. Just be thankful you have a job mentality

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees are your best asset... treat them with more respect for what they bring to the organization as a whole

Nice part time job

Newborn Hearing Screener (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Pediatrix Medical part-time for more than 3 years

ProsWorking with infants, NOT having a supervisor hovering over you all day, no nights

ConsRequired to work some holidays including major ones like Christmas, no benefits, not for someone needing full time. This is definately part time position

Unprofessional Leadership.

Provider Relations Agent (Former Employee)
Sunrise, FL

I worked at Pediatrix Medical as a contractor for less than a year

ProsStaff is nice to work with, everyone was friendly towards me. I was only there for a temp assignment and felt like I was part of the crowd. It's in a nice location in a well kept building.

ConsI was in the Provider Relations Department to work a specific temporary project. One major negative I found was that the leadership team did not take the proper steps to help protect its employees confidential information after I was shown approved corrective action plans that were to be presented later that day. When I was offered a full time job someplace else, I spoke with my Supervisor because I did want to make Pediatrix more of a career since the job was something I was very familiar with and very experienced in. On the way home that evening, I received a call from my recruiter telling me that they called to release me from the temporary position. I guess it's their loss, considering my previous career was Manager of Provider Relations and I was only asking for an entry level position. Tons of experience that they are losing out on.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou may want to review the professionalism of your leadership staff. They shouldn't be sharing confidential information with anyone who isn't involved in the decision making of that issue. Also, review your talent base, the Leadership team advised that the Provider Relations Department was in need of some help. I could have made a huge impact and my experience outlined that clearly.

Very organized and knowledgabel about processes within the type of speciality practice we are.

Office Coordinator (Current Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Pediatrix Medical

ProsIncredible training. We had a great team of trainers who stayed for as long as we felt we needed there help.

ConsThere is not a whole lot of opportunity to advance at the practice. Any advancements would likely require moving to where there division or corporate headquarters are located.

Advice to Senior ManagementI would advise management to be a bit more prepared when it comes to the transition of the old practice to the new practice.

The experience was mostly good except for some dishonest members of managent

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Pediatrix Medical

ProsBenefits are good. Clinical research is good. Takes good care of the babies

ConsSome management is cutthroat and hr does nothing about it

Worked for Pediatrix Medical? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pediatrix Medical reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pediatrix Medical CEO Roger J. Medel. All 35 reviews posted anonymously by Pediatrix Medical employees.