Peer 1 Hosting

Updated October 21, 2014
Updated October 21, 2014
4.1

Tony Ciciretto

Pros
  • Great people, exciting business with growth continuing at pace (in 7 reviews)

• Commitment to culture, fun work environment (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • They experience the same growing pains and learning that any global company does (in 8 reviews)

• but it is something that talking and integrating the right people is solved (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work fun and hard working I enjoy coming to work everyday.

Current Employee - Human Resources Assistant/People Advocate in Southampton, England (UK)

I have been working at Peer 1 Hosting full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I enjoy my job and enjoy the culture of Peer 1. Its the first time i have experienced loving my job and the company/people i have always only had one or the other. I am very well supported, able to be open and honest, great benefits including; medical, dental, travel insurance, ability to buy more holiday. Also we have breakfast provided, free food days, BBQs on the balcony, a great office in a great location.

Cons

There arent any. I have the opportunity to grow and develop including funded tuition, culture is great, flexibility.

None i have what i need

It is a place with tremendous opportunities for growth of its business and its employees

Current Employee - Operations Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Operations Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Peer 1 Hosting full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Peer 1 cares about it's employees and the executives strive to make themselves available to employees. I have learned a great deal from great people.

Cons

Peer 1 has some great employees and sometimes they rely on this to attempt to achieve too many different priorities.

It is easily the best place to work in my professional career.

Current Employee - Compliance Project Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Compliance Project Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Peer 1 Hosting full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Coming in as "your authentic self"; Vocal leadership; Transparent and even corporate structure

Cons

Pay-rate is moderately competitive compared to others in the market; current corporate structure - while innovate - is in flux, which could be a problem for some people (not me)

Continue the improvements being made, as this first year of new management has brought on more positive change than in recent memory. Keep it going!

Awesome & FUN company to work for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Peer 1 Hosting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The pros at Peer 1 would definitely be the culture, and they invite you to be yourself at work. Not to mention the fun annual ping pong tournaments, social committee meet-ups, and game room here at the office. Plus you can wear pretty much whatever you want.

Cons

I'd say we could use a little more training for people who are new to hosting (including people outside of sales). You sort-of learn as you go about products, offerings, etc;, unless you proactively schedule meetings with managers to have them walk you through the process.

Rewarding work and fun atmosphere!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Peer 1 Hosting full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Picture this: an exciting environment where nerd gun fights and paper airplane contests are encourage, getting paid to volunteer in your community two days a year, having the ability to work form home when your kids or sick or you have a midday appointment you can't skip, working alongside people who feel more like family than colleagues, knowing that even if you don't work directly with people or customers you are making a genuine difference in the world, and being able to bring your whole, authentic, unique self to work every single day. Sound good? That's Peer 1 to a tee. They care about people, their problems and their possibilities. I'm able to drive my own career and tailor it to what I find most rewarding. On top of that I can use tuition reimbursement, fitness reimbursement and even have the opportunity to go on employee exchanges to other locations!

Cons

There are times we hire more for experience than culture and that gets in our way. You can teach someone new skills, you can't always teach them how to make every interaction matter.

Champion our culture and encourage your teams to get involved. You have a huge impact and the ability to train up a caring and engaged team, but you need to be caring and engaged first.

Beyond AWESOME!!

Current Employee - Customer Advocate Team Lead in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Advocate Team Lead in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Peer 1 Hosting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Everyone is warm and welcoming, they take the time to say hello and get to know you. New starters are announced so people know your name, when you start and what your role is which makes you feel really special. We work hard and we play hard too!

Cons

The only challenge I can think of is that maybe some may struggle to adjust to our culture. We are very open and friendly and not dictated to by management. You are simply left to do your job with the expectation that you can and will do it well otherwise you wouldn't be a part of our family. If you come from a structured, corporate, rigid background you will think we are loopy, but as soon as you loosen up and embrace the Peer 1 culture you'll wonder how you were ever able to work in such an atmosphere.

Great place to work

I have been working at Peer 1 Hosting full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

-very connected with my co workers and team mates, whether they are in the same office or around the globe
    -a company who genuinely cares about it's people and does it's best to provide opportunities for growth
    -easy going office culture

Cons

-there were some growing pains as the company transitioned from a start up mentality to policies that are more established and sustainable
    -career opportunities are pretty limited in some offices

Spreading some departments to other offices would create goals for employees. As of right now, at certain offices there is only 1 department so your career advancement is limited to increasing your "tier" or "level" at the job you were first hired to do. Having multiple departments that the employee can branch out into will keep people that are looking for something new but do not want to leave PEER 1

The company who allows you to be yourself/

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Peer 1 Hosting full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

A company who actively nurture and develops it's culture and people and encourages you to be yourself and not accept anything but the best. The company will actively encourage you to fulfil your dreams and develop your career.

Cons

To me this is not a con but I know some people struggle with the fact the business is going through the change from small to mid and there is some pain. But for me this is all good. Who wants to work for a company who settles for the status quo and mediocrity!

Be fearless.

Excellent place to work

I have been working at Peer 1 Hosting full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Opportunities to take responsibility and influence the strategy of the organisation. They really try to engage you in your work - this is not a place where you watch the clock.

Cons

Can be frustrating when everyone is looking to run their own project and there is a lack of clear prioritisation.

focus on conveying strategy and context so that staff can prioritise work.

Love to work here

Current Employee - Demand Generation Manager
    Current Employee - Demand Generation Manager

I have been working at Peer 1 Hosting full-time

Pros

Great human values: I've never seen a company so close to the employees, to care so much about us.
    Flexibility: I work whenever I want, whatever I want from wherever I want. Of course I am at the office most of the time as it is good for our relationships to be all here, but I never have to ask for permission to work from home or from other location.
    Career development: I grow lots in my career and I feel I continue growing. The company encourage me to get training, to go to amazing events (and they pay me to go there!) and they are always open to listen where and how I want to grow.

Cons

The company is growing very fast and sometimes we find issues with structure, locations...but it is something that talking and integrating the right people is solved.