Peer 1 Hosting
www.peer1.com Vancouver, Canada 500 to 999 Employees

Peer 1 Hosting Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Tony Ciciretto

Pros:
  • "Great people, exciting business with growth continuing at pace"
    in 5 reviews
  • "More than it being a growing company with tons of potiential and opportunity it is a place where people enjoy spending time together outside of work"
    in 5 reviews
Cons:
  • "They experience the same growing pains and learning that any global company does"
    in 6 reviews
  • "but it is something that talking and integrating the right people is solved"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Great place to work

Pros-very connected with my co workers and team mates, whether they are in the same office or around the globe
    -a company who genuinely cares about it's people and does it's best to provide opportunities for growth
    -easy going office culture

Cons-there were some growing pains as the company transitioned from a start up mentality to policies that are more established and sustainable
    -career opportunities are pretty limited in some offices

Advice to Senior ManagementSpreading some departments to other offices would create goals for employees. As of right now, at certain offices there is only 1 department so your career advancement is limited to increasing your "tier" or "level" at the job you were first hired to do. Having multiple departments that the employee can branch out into will keep people that are looking for something new but do not want to leave PEER 1

The company who allows you to be yourself/

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsA company who actively nurture and develops it's culture and people and encourages you to be yourself and not accept anything but the best. The company will actively encourage you to fulfil your dreams and develop your career.

ConsTo me this is not a con but I know some people struggle with the fact the business is going through the change from small to mid and there is some pain. But for me this is all good. Who wants to work for a company who settles for the status quo and mediocrity!

Advice to Senior ManagementBe fearless.

Excellent place to work

ProsOpportunities to take responsibility and influence the strategy of the organisation. They really try to engage you in your work - this is not a place where you watch the clock.

ConsCan be frustrating when everyone is looking to run their own project and there is a lack of clear prioritisation.

Advice to Senior Managementfocus on conveying strategy and context so that staff can prioritise work.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Love to work here

Demand Generation Manager (Current Employee)

ProsGreat human values: I've never seen a company so close to the employees, to care so much about us.
    Flexibility: I work whenever I want, whatever I want from wherever I want. Of course I am at the office most of the time as it is good for our relationships to be all here, but I never have to ask for permission to work from home or from other location.
    Career development: I grow lots in my career and I feel I continue growing. The company encourage me to get training, to go to amazing events (and they pay me to go there!) and they are always open to listen where and how I want to grow.

ConsThe company is growing very fast and sometimes we find issues with structure, locations...but it is something that talking and integrating the right people is solved.

The most people centric employer ever

Product Engineer (Current Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

ProsThis company cares about their staff more than any other company I have heard of or worked for
    There is no time clock
    People are encouraged to step beyond their abilities, departments, roles to bring new ideas and provide input
    Our culture is completely opposite of our competitors and has worked for years
    The atmosphere here is extremely empowering open and inviting i love the people here!

ConsWith a lot of people chiming in, sometimes it can be hard to be heard or recognized
    There are a lot of decision makers and sometimes decisions don't get made with the right input, or a complete background of the challenge.

Advice to Senior ManagementAllow people to own a project which will add accountability, and accomplishment
    Be willing to stop and change something even if it means to start over to do it "right"

Growing, Exciting, Human and Fun

Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

ProsIf you enjoy social interaction in a fun a creative work space this is your place. More than it being a growing company with tons of potiential and opportunity it is a place where people enjoy spending time together outside of work. Tons of social activities make this good company a GREAT place to work.

Things I enjoy? the fun approachable people that work here.

ConsWe are growing so change in inevitable. If you like a place that is standing still and on "maintain" phase this is not the ideal landing spot.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease do not let the culture change as so many growing companies eventually do..

work hard, play hard , strive for excellence

Southampton, England (UK)

ProsGreat people, exciting business with growth continuing at pace. Beginning to have some more structure but only where necessary

ConsIn striving to achieve so much, there are many priorities to balance

Great Place to work !!!

Account Management (Current Employee)
    London, England (UK)

ProsGreat environment to work in, so you enjoy coming to work;
    London office is fantastic. Great location, Pool Table, Pitch & Put, Beer o'clock (ie Beer Fridge), free breakfast & a friendly & social atmosphere. Strong Company Culture that instils a can do attitude along with flexible working with a work hard play hard philosophy.
    Excellent company benefits scheme, including Pension Contribution, Share Scheme, Cycle to Work, Health, Dental etc. Great International product portfolio with new products on the way !

ConsStandard issues that a young company experiences when growing and expanding at a very fast pace. Nothing that can't be resolved.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it fun !

Peer1, yes!

ProsWith a very horizontal organization structure, it is incredibly easy to touch base with anyone in the company when needed. The casual atmosphere is very comfortable, yet the staff oozes professional excellence. Everyone is an expert in their field.

ConsIf being expected to do one's job well in a comfortable, enriching and invigorating environment is a con, well then, so be it.

Fantastic , just started and loving life at Peer 1

Unified Communications Engineer (Current Employee)
    Southampton, England (UK)

ProsCreative, relaxed and fun place to work.
    Company sets realistic goals and targets and appreciates your work life balance.
    Work is challenging but achievable

ConsNot I have discovered yet :-)

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep going on the same path

Worked for Peer 1 Hosting? Contribute to the Community!

Peer 1 Hosting Videos

Peer 1 Hosting – Why Work for Us?

About Us In 1999, a conversation on an elevator led to the launch in Canada of Peer 1 Hosting. Since then, we've expanded into the U.S. and Europe, and helped companies change the world by tapping into the power of the… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Peer 1 Hosting reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Peer 1 Hosting CEO Tony Ciciretto. All 66 reviews posted anonymously by Peer 1 Hosting employees.