Peer 1 Hosting

Updated August 26, 2014
Updated August 26, 2014

4.1

Tony Ciciretto

Pros
  • Great people, exciting business with growth continuing at pace (in 6 reviews)

• Great environment to work in, so you enjoy coming to work; (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • They experience the same growing pains and learning that any global company does (in 8 reviews)

• but it is something that talking and integrating the right people is solved (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Culture

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Peer 1 Hosting full-time

Pros

Treat you like an adult, you have a voice, always trying to get better, cares about the people, flexible work environment for performers

Cons

No processes, top management does not have management education - so simple known working strategies are not found here, some of the good 'ol boy stuff so you have to prepared to schmooze

Things are getting better, they need a COO

Rewarding work and fun atmosphere!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Peer 1 Hosting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Picture this: an exciting environment where nerd gun fights and paper airplane contests are encourage, getting paid to volunteer in your community two days a year, having the ability to work form home when your kids or sick or you have a midday appointment you can't skip, working alongside people who feel more like family than colleagues, knowing that even if you don't work directly with people or customers you are making a genuine difference in the world, and being able to bring your whole, authentic, unique self to work every single day. Sound good? That's Peer 1 to a tee. They care about people, their problems and their possibilities. I'm able to drive my own career and tailor it to what I find most rewarding. On top of that I can use tuition reimbursement, fitness reimbursement and even have the opportunity to go on employee exchanges to other locations!

Cons

There are times we hire more for experience than culture and that gets in our way. You can teach someone new skills, you can't always teach them how to make every interaction matter.

Champion our culture and encourage your teams to get involved. You have a huge impact and the ability to train up a caring and engaged team, but you need to be caring and engaged first.

Beyond AWESOME!!

Current Employee - Customer Advocate Team Lead  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Customer Advocate Team Lead in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Peer 1 Hosting full-time for less than a year

Pros

Everyone is warm and welcoming, they take the time to say hello and get to know you. New starters are announced so people know your name, when you start and what your role is which makes you feel really special. We work hard and we play hard too!

Cons

The only challenge I can think of is that maybe some may struggle to adjust to our culture. We are very open and friendly and not dictated to by management. You are simply left to do your job with the expectation that you can and will do it well otherwise you wouldn't be a part of our family. If you come from a structured, corporate, rigid background you will think we are loopy, but as soon as you loosen up and embrace the Peer 1 culture you'll wonder how you were ever able to work in such an atmosphere.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Decent place to work.

I have been working at Peer 1 Hosting full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fun and casual culture. Get to work with the latest technology and learn every day. My co-workers are great for the most part. I am allowed to do my job the best way I see fit and get no push back as long as it is done well.

Cons

Some growing pains. Need to tighten our policies and procedures. It is sometimes difficult working with people in so many different time zones and countries.

Work on policies, project management, and training. Build a better foundation so we can grow and not experience some of the growing pains we have in the past.

UK team thinks they run the company

Current Employee - Employee  in  San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Peer 1 Hosting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Cool place to work and each office has their own version of fun.

Cons

UK office has managers that get off on their title and don't know how to leaf a team out of a tea bag.

With most of the senior leadership gone hopefully you can hire the right one to lead the company to new heights

Great place to work

I have been working at Peer 1 Hosting full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

-very connected with my co workers and team mates, whether they are in the same office or around the globe
    -a company who genuinely cares about it's people and does it's best to provide opportunities for growth
    -easy going office culture

Cons

-there were some growing pains as the company transitioned from a start up mentality to policies that are more established and sustainable
    -career opportunities are pretty limited in some offices

Spreading some departments to other offices would create goals for employees. As of right now, at certain offices there is only 1 department so your career advancement is limited to increasing your "tier" or "level" at the job you were first hired to do. Having multiple departments that the employee can branch out into will keep people that are looking for something new but do not want to leave PEER 1

The company who allows you to be yourself/

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Peer 1 Hosting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A company who actively nurture and develops it's culture and people and encourages you to be yourself and not accept anything but the best. The company will actively encourage you to fulfil your dreams and develop your career.

Cons

To me this is not a con but I know some people struggle with the fact the business is going through the change from small to mid and there is some pain. But for me this is all good. Who wants to work for a company who settles for the status quo and mediocrity!

Be fearless.

Excellent place to work

I have been working at Peer 1 Hosting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Opportunities to take responsibility and influence the strategy of the organisation. They really try to engage you in your work - this is not a place where you watch the clock.

Cons

Can be frustrating when everyone is looking to run their own project and there is a lack of clear prioritisation.

focus on conveying strategy and context so that staff can prioritise work.

Great Culture

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Southampton, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Southampton, England (UK)

I have been working at Peer 1 Hosting full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the free snacks and the culture of flexibility and can-do attitudes.

A forward thinking company and fellow peers are hard working, passionate and always looking for ways to improve.

Pay is good, benefits equally so.

Well-lit, airy working environment

Cons

There are challenges in every company, the trick is to address these challenges in an appropriate and timely manner. I find it difficult at this stage to name specific Cons for Peer 1 have been at Peer 1 less than a year

Continue to drive process efficiencies. Continue improving focus on customers

Love to work here

Current Employee - Demand Generation Manager
    Current Employee - Demand Generation Manager

I have been working at Peer 1 Hosting full-time

Pros

Great human values: I've never seen a company so close to the employees, to care so much about us.
    Flexibility: I work whenever I want, whatever I want from wherever I want. Of course I am at the office most of the time as it is good for our relationships to be all here, but I never have to ask for permission to work from home or from other location.
    Career development: I grow lots in my career and I feel I continue growing. The company encourage me to get training, to go to amazing events (and they pay me to go there!) and they are always open to listen where and how I want to grow.

Cons

The company is growing very fast and sometimes we find issues with structure, locations...but it is something that talking and integrating the right people is solved.

Worked for Peer 1 Hosting? Contribute to the Community!