Peerless Industries Reviews

3.3
John Potts

1. Starting Off Company

I have been working at Peerless Industries

Pros

Great place to start off your career.

Cons

Advancement is limited by the people in the company

2. Sick of reading the fake reviews created by the marketing team?

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

I worked at Peerless Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Peerless-AV isn't a bad company. For being an AV company though, the IT/MIS department is behind the times. Which isn't a huge deal as most of the management is open minded, allowing for idea generation and game changing initiatives. Good benefits too. There are a lot of good people working for this company, good people that are fun, helpful, and friendly. Management is willing to speak with you, interact with you, don't be put-off by the thought of executives. They are polite, friendly, helpful, and willing to listen/interact.

Cons

The marketing strategy has blurred vision, hiring external companies and relying on outside partners to carry the marketing effort. Unfortunately, those external agencies have successfully blown smoke into the management staff, instilled false confidence, and set themselves up for failure. The internal marketing management NEEDS help. More concerned about having fun and posting hash tags and selfies, rather than growing the business. When an entire department forms a clique with employees, issues are brewing... A lot of steps in the correct direction have been made, but still more is needed. More market research is needed, start with the basics - SWOT analysis and competitive analysis would do wonders. The building is dungeonous (and feels kind of dated) with no lobby, the cubes are similar to prison (or at least what is portrayed in the movies). Unfortunately, there isn't a lot of growth opportunity within the company.

Advice to Management

Ensure the right people are in the right places. Keep being the great leaders that you each have been and are. Look around for more hidden talent, don't let the biggest voice do the decision making. Be skeptical, don't let the outside companies sway opinions and instill false confidence. Let the right people in the right positions make the right decisions, don't make uninformed decisions based on hearsay.

Great company for hard working job seekers

I have been working at Peerless Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I have been with Peerless Industries for 15+ years and have to admit that some of the negative comments in some reviews are very surprising to me. Couple of the reviews speak about management having favorites and that promotions are given based on favoritism. I have been pretty successful at Peerless and want to make it very clear that all of the success that I have experienced and have seen others experience has been based on years of hard work, loyalty, and dedication to the company. Yes there are older employees that know each other pretty well because we have all worked together much more closely when the company was small, so I can see how to newer employees it may seem that there is a lot of favoritism, but in reality my boss is a lot harder on me because of our long professional relationship then he is with his new employees. As a company we have struggled at times, but current executive management is better than it has ever been since I have been employed. I definitely understand new employees seeing things from their own perspective, but one thing that they are missing is the history behind what they are currently seeing and why certain employees seem to have a better relationship with management. To job seekers I can honestly say that employees that go above and beyond, are loyal, trustworthy, and care about their jobs and the company will do well at Peerless and are appreciated and respected.

Cons

Changes in direction due to economy and many new competitors saturating the market.

Advice to Management

Interact with new employees on a one on one basis so they can get to know you and feel part of the team.

A place I will always call home

Former Employee - Marketing in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Marketing in Aurora, IL

I worked at Peerless Industries full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I worked for Peerless for 8 years starting there right out of college. I started in Customer Service and worked my way up to my desired field of Marketing. I learned a great deal about manufacturing, sales and advertising. Peerless offers a great benefits package, good salaries and a descent time off policy. Most of all I enjoyed meeting great people that are still good friends today after leaving the company a few years back.

Cons

The main challenge I found working at Peerless was working on "important/right now" type of projects that never came to fruition. It was frustrating in the moment, however I came to realize it was it was about the individual I was reporting to not the company as a whole. That person has since been replaced.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to keep your employees informed as to the direction the company is headed. Employees like to feel involved not left out.

Great Company

I have been working at Peerless Industries full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There is definitely a change happening here - fun and work-life balance are highly encouraged. There are plenty of opportunities to work as a team and grow individually (hiring from with-in is a encouraged). More recently, the company has taken an initiative to include volunteerism opportunities - Toys for Tots, blood drives, etc. The benefits are rarely matched. Insurance is very cost-effective for employees and they offer a 401k match and tuition reimbursement. They even pay for your fitness club membership!

Cons

It is always difficult to create change from within. As this is a slow process, some longer-term employees have trouble getting on-board with a new regime.

Advice to Management

Keep up encouraging fun and team-work.

Great old company turning the corner

I have been working at Peerless Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits package, the insurance has been a life saver for me and my family. From what I understand of the new products they are very exciting and will help grow sales. It is a big enough company that it seems stable but small enough that we do fun family type events.

Cons

No real training that I can see to get ahead. Tons of work to do, it takes a while to hire new people around here. Departments need to communicate better with each other.

Advice to Management

I would like to better understand what role the new products play and how important they are compared to our mounts. The new products take a lot more time to explain and I am not sure the time is worth it. We definitely need a career ladder or training program to advance to another job inside.

Political Quagmire With No Vision, No Leadership and No Future.

Former Employee - Management in Aurora, IL
    Former Employee - Management in Aurora, IL

I worked at Peerless Industries full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Those unethical, deviant and despicable people who excel at blaming others, pointing fingers, playing politics, cheating, manipulating, lying, stealing, having no morals or values, and most importantly having the ear of the owner and blowing smoke up his nose could do well for bringing nothing but destruction to this business.

Cons

The only thing that matters is how much money the owner and other shareholders can take out of the company each and every year, Titanic had better chance of staying afloat in the long-term. Fake recent reviews have been posted here as marketing propaganda. Pay and incentives are below minimum wage when accounting for how much you're expected to perform, but few do anything productive any way, so they get what they pay.

Advice to Management

Fire yourself, tell the owner to sell the company to those who truly want it to grow and most importantly are committed and know how to do so. Alternatively, the owner can grow a set, discover God and grow a brain, and put in charge and fully back a brand new management team of truly smart and capable managers before he chokes on cash and kicks the bucket at his old age.

I Enjoy Working Here

I have been working at Peerless Industries full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have formed not only great working relationships but amazing friendships with many of my coworkers. There is an excellent sense of a team environment, and everyone pulls together to complete projects. This company also offers amazing benefits, unlike any other company I have worked for - great overall package. Input is valued from anyone in any department, as well as from customers.

Cons

Many processes that sometimes impede progress.

Advice to Management

Keep moving in the right direction.

Great benefits, good co-workers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

I have been working at Peerless Industries full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great group of co-workers. Benefits are almost unheard of - amazing health insurance (including dental), 401k match, tuition reimbursements. Many changes have been made in upper management that have lead to a more positive work environment; they are very receptive to new ideas and out-of-the-box thinking. There is a lot of flexibility working here.

Cons

Some long-term employees are resistant to change.

Advice to Management

Stay on the path of listening to employee concerns and reacting appropriately.

What kinda place is this??

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

I have been working at Peerless Industries full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great benefits, great people who in production end, and a few great people on the other side of the doors.

Cons

The "Big Bosses" are horrible. They do not know ****, and think their **** doesn't stink!

Advice to Management

You really need to realize who does the real work around this company. Quit taking all the props for the good work that is done, and start taking the blame for the mistakes that you are all making, and quit blaming the "little people".

RSS Feed </> Embed