Pegasus Solutions

Pegasus Solutions CEO David Millili
David Millili

PM

I have been working at Pegasus Solutions

Pros

Great company to work with. They recognize merit and hard work.

Cons

The company is global and widespread, sometimes making communication difficult.

Good company to work for.

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Bonita Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Bonita Springs, FL

I worked at Pegasus Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good professional people to work with. Calm work environment. Good benefit package and time off for employees.

Cons

Would have liked to have a growth and training program.

BEST. EMPLOYER. EVER.

Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst
    Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst

I worked at Pegasus Solutions full-time

Pros

Don't want to learn new technology? Not a problem! 10-15 year old knowledge of programming will work just fine!
    The initial compensation is very good! In fact, Pegasus Solutions loves spending money! I only wish I knew where their infinite supply of funds comes from, which I know it exists because if they didn't have it, they'd be losing a lot of money these last several years...
    Hate performance reviews? Not a problem, those are non-existant! Just like the raises you would expect to receive afterwards.. but hey, who needs those! Consistent technology, consistent salary!
    Have a friend who wants to work at Pegasus Solutions? Not a problem! Pegasus Solutions loves hiring your friends, no matter how unqualified they may be! In fact, knowing the right people is a GREAT way to get ahead in this company! No skills required! At all!
    Hate learning the names of the senior management? Not a problem! Senior Management shifts around so often that there's no reason to bother learning who they are! And they're always kind enough to let you focus on your work and not bother you with annoying details like the direction of the company or how our customer relations are doing!

Cons

I am only sad that we no longer get to work at Pegasus Solutions anymore... They were doing SO WELL and then suddenly it's if they've been having trouble for years and then the branch has to close. It took us all by surprise, as SURELY we would have been warned if they knew this would happen... nope, I can't think of ANYTHING as a real con to working at Pegs.

Don't listen to the critics! I love it that management changes up its style seemingly every year! It gives us a healthy break to do work more slowly for awhile while keeping us from getting stuck in a rut because our product is from the 90's!

Enjoyable place to work!

I have been working at Pegasus Solutions full-time

Pros

The benefits at Pegasus are great and they offer a very flexible schedule. Enjoyable group of people.

Cons

Recently the company outings/gatherings have been decreasing, although they continue to celebrate birthdays/anniversaries monthly.

Good company to work for

I have been working at Pegasus Solutions

Pros

All in all, Pegasus is trying to focus more on the employees, and shift the business paradigm toward that of the big tech firms.

Cons

The focus is more driven by new customer customizing rather than enhancing the applications.

Pegasus is a GREAT place to work

I have been working at Pegasus Solutions full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I've worked at Pegasus for over three years and I love it here. The people I work with are fantastic and they really care about what they do. Unlike many other companies I've worked for in the past, Pegasus provides its employees with a great work-life balance. I rarely work more than 40 hours a week.

Cons

There was a recent shakeup in management and a lot of people didn't like the changes that were made. Although I don't agree with all of them, I think things run more efficiently than in the past.

Management could bring back some of the morale building activities we used to have, but besides that I have no complaints.

Great place to work if you're willing to do the work and look ahead.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pegasus Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I'm fairly compensated, have a great work-life balance, enjoy my work and the people I work with.

Cons

If you were here for the Davis and Kistner years, you apparently have reason to dislike current leadership - most likely because they have done a good job of trying to fix what has been broken (i.e. what those employees spent years doing). I, however, have seen current leadership make MANY positive changes in how work gets handled, i.e. it actually gets handled (gasp!).

I know some people feel a need to connect more with leadership, but I'm happy with the exposure I have.

Good Employer - Lacked vision but should be changing

I worked at Pegasus Solutions full-time

Pros

The People are great, a strong team atmosphere

Cons

Restructuring every 2 years is not a sign of progress. Should be changing with new leadership

good

Current Employee - Senior Developer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Developer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Pegasus Solutions

Pros

Flexibility and innovation. Can rise up.

Cons

Volatile industry. So very unpredictable.

Pegasus is a good place to work and can be even better with a few minor changes.

Current Employee - Engineer
    Current Employee - Engineer

I have been working at Pegasus Solutions

Pros

Pegasus Solutions is technically innovative and not caught up in the drama and politics of other companies. Pegasus allows people to be themselves without having to "act" in a certain way. There is challenging work that is fun to do and an individual has opportunity to make a difference in a positive way.

Cons

Pegasus Solutions needs to have more new people moving into Pegasus. There are a lot of people that have had long term careers there, which has stunted their technical and business growth. They are a bit heavy in management and have many directors and VPs without direct reports. Several of the directors are really glorified team leads. There may be some favoritism in the upper engineering level.

1) Bring in new blood
    2) Delegate manual labor to lower paid employees; you may lose talented employees because they are bored with the amount of grunt work
    3) Work on synergies within the departments