Pegasus Solutions

Add Photos

Pegasus Solutions CEO David Millili

David Millili

BEST. EMPLOYER. EVER.

Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsDon't want to learn new technology? Not a problem! 10-15 year old knowledge of programming will work just fine!
    The initial compensation is very good! In fact, Pegasus Solutions loves spending money! I only wish I knew where their infinite supply of funds comes from, which I know it exists because if they didn't have it, they'd be losing a lot of money these last several years...
    Hate performance reviews? Not a problem, those are non-existant! Just like the raises you would expect to receive afterwards.. but hey, who needs those! Consistent technology, consistent salary!
    Have a friend who wants to work at Pegasus Solutions? Not a problem! Pegasus Solutions loves hiring your friends, no matter how unqualified they may be! In fact, knowing the right people is a GREAT way to get ahead in this company! No skills required! At all!
    Hate learning the names of the senior management? Not a problem! Senior Management shifts around so often that there's no reason to bother learning who they are! And they're always kind enough to let you focus on your work and not bother you with annoying details like the direction of the company or how our customer relations are doing!

ConsI am only sad that we no longer get to work at Pegasus Solutions anymore... They were doing SO WELL and then suddenly it's if they've been having trouble for years and then the branch has to close. It took us all by surprise, as SURELY we would have been warned if they knew this would happen... nope, I can't think of ANYTHING as a real con to working at Pegs.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't listen to the critics! I love it that management changes up its style seemingly every year! It gives us a healthy break to do work more slowly for awhile while keeping us from getting stuck in a rut because our product is from the 90's!

Enter with caution.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWhile merit reviews have been non-existent for several years now, Pegasus does pay well.
    Aside from the usual office politics, there are some great people working at Pegasus.

ConsCurrent C-level management is driving the company further in to the ground. They continue to cut staff and are at the point where they are simply "running on fumes".

Advice to Senior ManagementI think it's time to refresh all C-level management while there is still something left to resurrect.

Enjoyable place to work!

ProsThe benefits at Pegasus are great and they offer a very flexible schedule. Enjoyable group of people.

ConsRecently the company outings/gatherings have been decreasing, although they continue to celebrate birthdays/anniversaries monthly.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Pegasus is a GREAT place to work

ProsI've worked at Pegasus for over three years and I love it here. The people I work with are fantastic and they really care about what they do. Unlike many other companies I've worked for in the past, Pegasus provides its employees with a great work-life balance. I rarely work more than 40 hours a week.

ConsThere was a recent shakeup in management and a lot of people didn't like the changes that were made. Although I don't agree with all of them, I think things run more efficiently than in the past.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement could bring back some of the morale building activities we used to have, but besides that I have no complaints.

Pegasense is nonsense

ProsIF you can actually get the pay you deserve then the pay is good. Benefits are good, but they used to be better. Paid time off is abundant especially after you have worked for the company for longer, but this does no make up for all the areas that are lacking, If your coworkers are kept long enough for you to get to know it can be a enjoyable team environment; however, the company is such a mess at this point that it's generally joyless. The company used to be very employee oriented, but this too is gone.

ConsWhere to begin? The company has been in a downward spiral since 2007 and things continue to get worse daily. Financially, I am not sure the company has much more time left. The new CRS is absolutely horrible, not user friendly for hotel staff, full of defects, and has run off so many customers it's not even funny! There is no morale whatsoever. No company outings, gatherings, or anything. They can't even afford to pass out cookies and eggnog for Christmas anymore. We used to have a big employee appreciation party annually, but that is long gone. The departments did not even decorate for Christmas this last year. Almost everything has been taken from the employees. It started with the larger gatherings many years ago, then they took away the paper plates, plastic-ware, and cups. There is still crappy free coffee, sugar, and powdered creamer. However, if you lose or break the coffee mug the company provided a few years ago then you are on your own. The plants in the building were literally auctioned off after they let the plant lady go. The Scottsdale location has gotten rid of so many employees and is in such a financial mess that not only half they moved all Pegasus employees to the second floor but we have been squished into one side of the second floor so they can sublease the other half. The first and third floors have been subleased so if you are a Pegasus employee good luck on finding parking. Please allow 10 to 15 mins to find a parking spot. The staff is given no training, documentation, or direction whatsoever. Attempting to help customers is often a guessing game and you will spend the majority of your time searching for some sort of documentation for a clue on how to assist them. The company has laid off mass amounts of employees so many times in the last 7 years and many have left on their own. Management is a joke and those even higher in the company are worse. There is favoritism and politics galore. People are literally allowed to not do their jobs and even when it is brought to managements attention there is absolutely nothing done about it. Did I mention that the company is so poor they turned the cable off for a period of time. Benefits like 401K matching have been taken away. Anytime we actually get a good manager they are not with the company long for fear of being let go and just the general disgust of watching how things are done. Customers are so unhappy with the systems, customer service, lies, and so forth that it can be extremely unpleasant to correspond with them especially when you have no power to actually make a difference for them. There is no chance of a raise, bonus, or moving up in the company. The company is lacking in so many areas that it does not have much chance to survive.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of current management. Bring back employee appreciation and team building. Focus on what is best for your customers so they can be retained. Stop nitpicking the minuscule finances. Bring back 401K matching and provide better benefits. Focus on the employees who are making the company stay afloat before they all leave and the ship sinks.

A paycheck, a headache, and degraded self-worth

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsThe compensation is reasonable for new-hires. 40 hour work weeks are generally respected - management wouldn't know what to do with the extra hours.

ConsUpper management is rude, self-centered and unapproachable. Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Doing less and not trying are respected here because it allows others to justify their existence. Small chance of compensation reflecting merit or dedication. Consistent layoffs purge the company of it's tribal knowledge, necessary to maintain and support the archaic codebase. Policies are constantly changing but rarely enforced. Special treatment is pretty common.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet the company spiral into bankruptcy or fix management from the top-down. Fire those resisting change - sweep the leg.

Great place to work if you're willing to do the work and look ahead.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsI'm fairly compensated, have a great work-life balance, enjoy my work and the people I work with.

ConsIf you were here for the Davis and Kistner years, you apparently have reason to dislike current leadership - most likely because they have done a good job of trying to fix what has been broken (i.e. what those employees spent years doing). I, however, have seen current leadership make MANY positive changes in how work gets handled, i.e. it actually gets handled (gasp!).

Advice to Senior ManagementI know some people feel a need to connect more with leadership, but I'm happy with the exposure I have.

I hope this place turns around

ProsFriendly coworkers and a somewhat satisfying job.

ConsManagement is non existent. Fairly sure the company will not last. No chance for moving up. Salary is stagnant with raises maybe happening once every few years.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees as people and not just another expenditure in running business.

Not worth it

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Scottsdale, AZ

ProsFor compensation new hires seem to be paid fairly but long term employees are under paid due to limits on raises per year. There's are a lot of dumb rules and company policies but this is a pro because no one enforces them so no one follows them including senior management.

ConsThere have been constant layoffs for 8-10 years even though they keep bringing people in. The company is very small now but spread all over the world. There are massive vacuums of leadership and knowledge due to the layoffs, outsourcing, and people leaving. Most work now is struggling to figure out something that someone used to be able to do in minutes. Knowledge transfer is non existent and only happens if the employee leaving pushes to do it.

People are jumping ship and the people left are scrambling to justify jobs and try and survive as long as possible, the rest are looking for work elsewhere and will only add to the above problems when they leave. There is no leadership happening, for example CEO says there are no work from home days except in extreme situations, everyone works from home all the time, except when the CEO visits your office then everyone shows up at work. Also a big issue from the CEO is no eating at your desk, apparently that is a big enough problem for the top executives to worry about.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake a decision to wind the company down or actually fix it. No human can keep taking roles from people who leave the company forever and that's what everyone is doing and has been for years. So many more people are planning to leave and you seem to be completely unaware of this since no steps to get knowledge written down are happening.

Review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prostime-off is about as average as other companies

Consmanagement does not appreciate their employees, only themselves matter

Worked for Pegasus Solutions? Contribute to the Community!