Pei Wei Asian Diner

Updated Jun 24, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Russell Owens

Pros
  • The pay is decent when you include the occasional tips(in 4 reviews)

• fast paced, good atmosphere, team oriented(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Typical Restaurant quality of life(in 2 reviews)

• No room for advancement in company(in 2 reviews)

Kitchen Manager

General Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGood Quality of life, two days off, two weeks paid vacation, good salary for a fast casual restaurant
    easy to learn systems and practices
    Flexible scheduling
    Great Benefits and opportunities
    i personally received several opportunities and have managed to work up the ranks quicker than most restaurants

ConsRelatively stressful environment, as most fast paced restaurant are.
    at times labor intensive
    Kitchen Strong and Kitchen Driven establishment

Fast-Paced, treat-you-right kind of place

Cashier (Current Employee) Garland, TX

ProsManagement is flexible and understanding, really great communication skills from my managers

ConsRestaurant hours not so great. I average 25-30 hours and I only get two days off

Advice to Senior ManagementThe whole corporate check-ins bother me because they change things without knowing or caring about the effect it will have on the employees.

Worked as a member of the wait staff for a summer job and really enjoyed the experience and pride they maintained .

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFair and well established semi-fast food restaurant with an easy to follow routine that maintains a flow in the work environment.

ConsI ate way to much Asian food, otherwise minimum complaints.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun, easy work for decent pay

Dish (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsManagement is laid-back and VERY flexible to your scheduling needs. Was asked only one question at the interview ("why do you want to work here") then gave me the opportunity to try out the job to see if I was a fit, regardless of my past experience. That's the way it should be. The work environment is only fast-paced during night shifts so oftentimes you get paid to eat free food and joke around with the employees.

They do not drug test, which is a good thing considering that they're pointless anyway since they can't accurately detect hard drugs after a couple of days, but can pick up harmless cannabis use even weeks after consumption. I don't do drugs but I applaud the company for making a wise decision by saving me time, and them money.

Overall, this is one of the most fun and easiest jobs I've ever had; I've worked a *lot* harder for a *lot* less pay. Within a few months I expect to be running the place.

ConsMy only complaint is that I was trained by a man who couldn't speak a word of English; thankfully the tasks involved are so simple that I was able to become comfortable with job in a couple of days.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing, but consider reevaluating your training process.

Great College Job

Cashier, Busser (Former Employee) Austin, TX

ProsPaid hourly instead of tips. Tips are thought to be better but you can actually set a budget when you are paid hourly. Perfect job when attending school.

ConsCan't think of any. The job is what it is.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone.

its alright, better tan mcdonalds

ProsDecent pay, great fresh food, casual

ConsIncompetence everywhere from FOH to BOH

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain better and hire quality

Enjoyable place to work at

Cashier/Take Away Expo (Current Employee) Olathe, KS

ProsEnjoyable place to work at, with a good pace and welcoming environment.

ConsNone that I can think of. Very enjoyable place to work.

Great first job!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis was my very first job. I worked at the front taking orders as running food. You have the potential to move up in the business and your co workers make things fun while you are there. They have upgraded many things since I worked there. I loved this job so much! You work long hours but when you are young you don't even care once you get your paycheck and it is over $800. Of course for people with kids that is not a lot at all but when you are in high school and your parents think it would be a good lesson for you to pay for your cell phone and prom tickets and dress and shoes and all your clothes on your own it is definitely something to put a smile on your face. Most good places you work at you get tired of their food and do not want to return as a customer after you stop working there.... I return all the time!

ConsThe management when I was there was very untrustworthy and rude. I had a doctors not to not come into work because I had the flu and in the food industry you can not be around other peoples food while you are sick and contagious. The manager told me if I did not come into work that night that I would be terminated (this was my first time in over a year for calling out) All new management staff though that is incredibly nice from what I have seen by being a customer there so definitely apply!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep on making things better and improving the company. Great job so far!

It's a fun fast paced environment with great people to work with.

Cashier (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsThe biggest pro has to be how flexible they are with the schedules. The pay is decent when you include the occasional tips. Last, my coworkers have been a great group of people to work with.

ConsDealing with upset and irate customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward good and hardworking employees.

Great Company to work for if your GM is right

Supervisor (Current Employee) Pasadena, CA

ProsQuick paced environment and room for growth if you're willing to work hard enough.

ConsIt is unclear if general managers and floor management receive training in interacting with employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementBeing too "by the book" can hurt the morale of your employees, but also don't be so lax that you're not profesional. Walk the fine line so you're respected.

Worked for Pei Wei Asian Diner? Contribute to the Community!