Penn Station

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jeff Osterfeld

Low Pay but Great Company

General Manager (Former Employee)

ProsSmall company that looks after one another. There is much room for advancement.

ConsLow pay, long hours. Its hard to find a good reliable staff which makes your job difficult.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensate better

Decent job, but too many downfalls in the end

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsFlexible schedules, friendly customers, easy job.

ConsLow pay, frequent schedule changes (schedule changed 2-3 times a week, without even hours worth of notice), no breaks, many high school students working there, employees came and went quickly, management has no experience, only can move up so far in the company, tons of cleaning work.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople need breaks. When I work 6-11 hours a day, I need to sit down at least once or twice, or actually have a meal without standing. I was so exhausted by the end of the day. My home-life suffered because since I was working that many hours a day without any breaks, My body was too exhausted to do anything when I was home. I couldn't take any breaks because no one was there to cover my position. Also, please do what you say you're going to do. I was promised many things that never happened. Management needs to realize people have lives outside of work and respect that, and not call the same person over and over to either come in early, or work someone else's shift. If I don't answer, or say that I have previous plans (When I was scheduled off already)- don't hold it against me. My job was actually threatened when I was scheduled off a day, and was already out of town (45 minutes away) and someone had called in and they needed me in 1 hour.

None

Team Member (Current Employee)

ProsI have none at this time

ConsTold that there is room for advancement but the Gen. Mgr. likes being at the top so there is none.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

He was a good supervisor.

Sandwich Assembler (Former Employee) Lombard, IL

ProsIf asked to work one hour more the day i was schedule to work, he always said yes.

ConsHe didn't give me enough hours to work.

Working with the people at Penn Station was great fun while I still had to deal with typical fast food problems.

Food Service Worker (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGreat People - the workers seem to be much more friendly and laid back than other locations
    Great Environment - It may just have been my personal experience but patience within management flexible scheduling allows this to make a good supplementary job
    Perfect First Job - This position teaches people how to work with each other and depending on your location allows you to feel the stress of working in a demanding environment. I have grown to appreciate the work that I did there. It teaches that people work better as a team and that asking for help is not a sign of weakness or something to be embarrassed of.

ConsCustomers - This applies to any food service employee, customers can be fun and interesting but also incredibly testing.
    Little Upward Momentum - I understand that this is fast food but there is a distinct lack of any feasible long-term position unless you can get to a position of general manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementOn an individual store basis management is different. For my own location management was very supportive and helpful. Mistakes were recognized but they were also used as opportunities for growth instead of punishment.

Great work environment, Very thick ceiling!

Shift Manager (Former Employee) Columbus, IN

Pros- Great Employees
    - Excellent work environment
    - Enjoyable Work
    - Delicious products

Cons- Bad management (more concerned with labor % than with keeping store well maintained)
    - Cheap-Ass Owners
    - Little or no room to move up
    - Little or no benefits

Advice to Senior ManagementGeneral Managers need to take better care of their Employees and in turn the employees will produce better Customer Service.

Good concept, questionable ethics

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsGood hours of operation, some franchises close most major holidays. Simple menu, Generally easy to close the store down very quickly.

ConsTypical food service operation anyone who knows the food business knows what I mean. Easy to talk about doing things a certain way if you do not have to do them.

Learned great customer service skills

Shift Leader (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsFun place to work, had great co-workers. I worked there for 3 years and still enjoy the food so that should tell you it's fresh and clean there.

ConsNo opportunities for management positions to be flexible while I was attending college.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe for flexible with scheduling.

okay for starting out,

Crew Leader (Current Employee) Clinton Township, MI

Prosflexible hours, easy work, not requirements to start. Gets you some real world experience in the service industry. Which is something great to take with you if you plan on moving on to bigger and better things.

Conslow pay, no benefits, not much of a long term solution.

Advice to Senior Managementreward more for a job well done. Do more things to show the employees you care about them.

Shift leader

Shift Leader (Former Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsYou are able to pick your schedule and time of work. Possible shifts include 9-5, 12 - 2, 5 - 10, or open to close.

ConsThere is little to no room for professional growth. Actual max salary will be in the range of nine to ten dollars

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough this position requires very little training, the basic training for this job is not clear. Improvements could be made on proper equipment cleaning.

Worked for Penn Station? Contribute to the Community!