Pennoni Associates
www.pennoni.com Philadelphia, PA 500 to 999 Employees

Pennoni Associates Reviews

Updated Oct 23, 2013

Anthony S. Bartolomeo

Cares about employee development and satisfaction

Civil Engineer (Former Employee)
Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Pennoni Associates as an intern for more than a year

ProsYou will never stop learning here. Senior team members are more than happy to guide, help, and teach young engineers. Communication is constant, and the company truly cares about its employees. You can tell then these characteristics and values are passed down to new employees. The culture here is incredible. Oh, and the holiday parties are fantastic. Summer hours - pretty sweet.

ConsThe office needs some modernization.

A good working environment, slow on incentivising employees.

Associate Land Surveyor (Current Employee)

I have been working at Pennoni Associates full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat learning environment. Learning is a plus, with many people to glean from and learn from.

ConsSlow on passing out raises. Does not like to progress with technology to be better.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe open to buying new technology, knowing that the projects will come, as opposed to being stuck with outdated equipment saying, "we will get new equipment when the new job gets here". That mentality leaves you in the dark ages very quickly.

Excellent company to develop your career

I have been working at Pennoni Associates full-time for more than 10 years

ProsPennoni offers an opportunity for every employee to develop their skills and advance their careers. Junior employees have the oppotunity to work with more senior staff for mentoring and more senior staff are given the opportunity to work perform technical design independently or to work managing teams to complete projects.
The company also encourages participation of the employees in the community and professional organizations
The compnay has initiated a program of completing employee surveys to determine actions or procedures that would be beneficial to change or improve.

ConsThe company is has had a problem communicating the strategic plan in the past, but is in the process of addressing several issues and procedures. This is a work in progress, so sometime there is some bumps in the road.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to improve the communications and the culture within the company

Excellent company that is well run by caring pros

I have been working at Pennoni Associates full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGood company that has experienced and very caring senior management

ConsInternal promotion opportunities to mid level jobs are scarce

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in some outside senior leaders who have not been with the company forever

Good company, fair compensation, and great benefits

Staff Engineer (Former Employee)
King of Prussia, PA

I worked at Pennoni Associates full-time for more than 8 years

ProsExcellent health benefits.
Great retirement benefits if fully vested (7 years).
Willing to train employees.
Employees are easy to work with.
Morale is good throughout the company.
Management cares about their employees.

ConsSlow to promote to next level regardless of good annual reviews.
More leadership and continuous mentoring would be an improvement below senior management level.
Management often caught up in paperwork and procedures rather than the quality completion of projects.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore guidance including annual expectations from management would have been helpful to determine successful job completion.

Prospective employees keep looking

Staff Engineer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Pennoni Associates full-time for more than 5 years

ProsDecent Benefits, a stepping stone for a young engineer to start.

ConsLack of advancement, long hours with little pay or gratitude, top heavy structure, empty promises, mentality of "you need them more then they need you"

Advice to Senior ManagementLook from within for promotions, realize what you have and work to keep it.

Great company to work for if your an engineer not much growth for you if your not part of good old boys club.

I have been working at Pennoni Associates full-time for more than 5 years

ProsGreat people to work with!! Close to public transportation. Across from Cira Centre and 30th Street Station. Summer work schedule 7:30 to 5:30 Mon -Thurs and Friday 7:30 to 11:30.. Great Community involvement often brought young aspiring high school students to shadow with engineers.

ConsCould use better annual review process to help employees grow professionally. Better training with actual people instead of webinars. Too much favoritism. The open door policy is said but not executed.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave team building exercises for employees. Acknowledge great performance with incentives like good job!!!

Good for full time employees, not for part time

I have been working at Pennoni Associates

ProsThe pay is great! and the benefits are good

ConsNot enough hours given to part time employees

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your part time employees more work than a few times per month

An overall good place to work, but with room for improvement.

Project Engineer (Current Employee)
Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Pennoni Associates

ProsMulti-disciplinary environment, and numerous offices around the Northeast, ensures that there is a fair amount of diversity in the types of projects you work on and the overall career path, if that is what you are looking for. Attacts generally good people, as employees.

ConsAs in most civil engineering companies, pay levels are structured so that you are just comfortable enough to get by, but that's it. Unfortunately, it is difficult to significantly increase your pay from year-to-year without either being promoted to management or threatening to leave. Also, when profits are perceived to decline (as they do from time to time), staff training is generally the first thing to be cut. This is costly to both employer and employee.

Advice to Senior ManagementAlthough there have been improvements in recent years, I would advise that you try a little harder to be on the cutting edge of civil engineering technology and innovation, rather than stick with the same outdated playbooks.

Worked for Pennoni Associates? Contribute to the Community!

Pennoni Associates Videos

Pennoni Associates – Why Work for Us?

Pennoni Associates has many faces. We are an engineering and design consulting firm with over four decades of experience and a portfolio of projects from which we receive much gratification as professionals. We are a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pennoni Associates reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pennoni Associates CEO Anthony S. Bartolomeo. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Pennoni Associates employees.