Pennrose Management Company

Be The First To
Add Photos

Great Opportunities Through Leadership Transition

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsThe organization has new leadership focused on the employees. While it will take some time to make significant strides, there is already a positive response. Ownership is also newly focused on staff. Positive improvements in the area of employee satisfaction. Policies and procedures have been officially release, which should improve developing staff accountability.

ConsGetting rid of poor reputation from the past.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep focusing on employees, but coordinate all of the efforts to make the greatest impact.

Harassed, bullied ....Jaded

Former Pennrose Employee (Former Employee) Fort Lee, NJ

ProsSeparating from Pennrose
    Building close relationships with vendors and state agency contacts
    If you can make it through the antics of this company you will survive any atmosphere at any company.

ConsThis company does not believe in Family values, so be prepared and expected to work 24 / 7 with no excuses. There are currently sites with life safety issues, one site has a city inspector who is refusing to give certificate of occupancies due to gross neglect to the building, one building with mold so bad it looks like carpet on the ceilings, senior buildings that have no air conditioning.Vendors who do not get paid.It amazes me that the leadership of this company allows operations RPM's to run these buildings into the ground and point the finger at others, makes PM's feel like they are incompetent it is a challenge to retain good talent.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe Executive Team should spend less time sitting around in meetings all day telling one another how important they are and touch base with the sites. No really ...visit the sites and see what is going on. You need to open your eyes and ears and understand how the sites are being run and take some accountability for why the portfolio's are in the shape they are in then step up to the leadership role and point the finger at yourself set the example because you are the reason why the sites are all plagued with issues. Here is a thought.. being a team player is more than sending out a mass e-mail with the word TEAM in the first line. Now for something completely different.. Delta Force ...Culture Committee.. really? HR seriously??? Here is good one You cant make this stuff up ... the I T Dept. who pulls the communications plug without checking to see what will be cut off resulting in door access systems and elevator emergency phones at most of the sites to stop working. Great job guys, kudos to the genius who researched and managed that job. Always know that all the great respected leaders that once ran Operations are gone the current leadership can be compared to the blind leading the deaf better yet in this case the pompous leading the arrogant. It is a shame that your actions result in the Ownership taking the loss.That being said ,all of the site specific problems that have been with us for the past years will remain unchanged this is what reflects upon and defines Pennrose in order to keep the company running at this dysfunctional pace it is a broken machine.
    Good Luck !

Moving on was the best thing I did.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThere weren't many. Things seemed to be getting better when I left, but they couldn't have gotten much worse. The best thing I ever did for myself and my family was leave that place far behind.

ConsManagement was disorganized and weren't leaders. Turnover across the company is horrendous. Advancement opportunities were discouraged. Watch out for liars just looking to get ahead, no matter who they take down to get there.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A great learning experience, room to grow

Regional Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsI really appreciated the room to grow here, there are so many opportunities available for someone who is willing to take them. If you like to work independently and can achieve goals without much supervision, this is a great place to be!

ConsThe company is missing out a lot on policy and procedure. If your looking for standard operating procedures, your best bet is to make your own. Leadership changes over every few years, I found the most success by working independently and holding myself accountable.

Advice to Senior ManagementAccountability, hold your people accountable for what they need to be doing. Too often one person shoulders the workload of many and then get's fired when a ball is dropped.

Assistnat Property Manager

Assistant Property Manager (Current Employee) New Brunswick, NJ

Proshaving the ability to learn everthing that property managers need to preform

Consnot as much room for growth in this industry

No real leadership.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI did gain a lot of experience and knowledge from this company.

ConsThey want Rome built in a day.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe nice picture they paint before you start is only a mirage of smoke and mirrors. When the truth is just the opposite. There never seems to be any organization, training or direction.

Worked for Pennrose Management Company? Contribute to the Community!