Pennrose Management Company

CEO

Great Opportunities Through Leadership Transition

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at Pennrose Management Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

The organization has new leadership focused on the employees. While it will take some time to make significant strides, there is already a positive response. Ownership is also newly focused on staff. Positive improvements in the area of employee satisfaction. Policies and procedures have been officially release, which should improve developing staff accountability.

Cons

Getting rid of poor reputation from the past.

Keep focusing on employees, but coordinate all of the efforts to make the greatest impact.

Unorganized and All over the place , unqualified executive team. with their heads in the sand.

Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager  in  New Brunswick, NJ
    Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in New Brunswick, NJ

I have been working at Pennrose Management Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pro s are they will hire anyone in this company to fill a position so you have a great chance at being hired.

Cons

Un realistic expectations, the upper management is so far out of touch with what is really going on at site level the operations of the sites are falling apart as well as the assets.

Scrap the entire support center and bring in some real professionals to run the company or promote from with in and get rid of the current chain of command. Practice what you preach !

Currently living in hell

I have been working at Pennrose Management Company

Pros

The pros are very few here a good things is that you do learn a lot, not in the trainings but with hands on experience.

Cons

Everyone is out to get everyone. If you do something wrong be well aware that a mass email will be sent out about it. The upper management team has no real idea of what is going on at the sites. Understand that you will be working with entitled residents, unprofessional co workers, and snitches at every corner. Oh also make sure to get everything and I do mean everything in writing, everyone here will be so quick to say they didn't tell you one thing and then write you up. And are you thinking about getting a thank you for all of your hard work you are fooling yourself.

The one thing that I've seen to be consistent with this company is that there is no team here. The upper management will say that we are a team a million times or until you ears bleed from hearing the word over and over again, but in reality they mean what I say goes regardless of what ever "team" we are supposed to be. If you are going to hold one group of individuals to a certain leave them hold all persons to that same level. Let their be a real team environment, the upper management will work you to a slave but let others slide by. Stop the back stabbing, if you have a problem with someone in particular then address it with them, don't hold meetings bashing them. Be honest with your employees no one wants to be the last to know something important.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I worked at Pennrose Management Company

Pros

Very few pros at all. It is a good learning experience with on the job training but if you don't know something you have to teach yourself .

Cons

Many many draw backs and discouragement working for Pennrose . No mater how hard you work or what you do in a positive and productive way you will never get a thank you or any sort of positive comment from anyone in management . You have to constantly hear from the vendors and private contractors that they never get paid . Pennrose reputation in the workforce is absolutely awful, and that contributes to lots of employee turnover!

Be men and women with some honesty about you, do what you say you will do . Take some care about you employees and they in turn will want to work for the long haul and do a great job ever single day . I think this starts with the president on down.

Harassed, bullied ....Jaded

Former Employee - Former Pennrose Employee  in  Fort Lee, NJ
    Former Employee - Former Pennrose Employee in Fort Lee, NJ

I worked at Pennrose Management Company full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Separating from Pennrose
    Building close relationships with vendors and state agency contacts
    If you can make it through the antics of this company you will survive any atmosphere at any company.

Cons

This company does not believe in Family values, so be prepared and expected to work 24 / 7 with no excuses. There are currently sites with life safety issues, one site has a city inspector who is refusing to give certificate of occupancies due to gross neglect to the building, one building with mold so bad it looks like carpet on the ceilings, senior buildings that have no air conditioning.Vendors who do not get paid.It amazes me that the leadership of this company allows operations RPM's to run these buildings into the ground and point the finger at others, makes PM's feel like they are incompetent it is a challenge to retain good talent.

The Executive Team should spend less time sitting around in meetings all day telling one another how important they are and touch base with the sites. No really ...visit the sites and see what is going on. You need to open your eyes and ears and understand how the sites are being run and take some accountability for why the portfolio's are in the shape they are in then step up to the leadership role and point the finger at yourself set the example because you are the reason why the sites are all plagued with issues. Here is a thought.. being a team player is more than sending out a mass e-mail with the word TEAM in the first line. Now for something completely different.. Delta Force ...Culture Committee.. really? HR seriously??? Here is good one You cant make this stuff up ... the I T Dept. who pulls the communications plug without checking to see what will be cut off resulting in door access systems and elevator emergency phones at most of the sites to stop working. Great job guys, kudos to the genius who researched and managed that job. Always know that all the great respected leaders that once ran Operations are gone the current leadership can be compared to the blind leading the deaf better yet in this case the pompous leading the arrogant. It is a shame that your actions result in the Ownership taking the loss.That being said ,all of the site specific problems that have been with us for the past years will remain unchanged this is what reflects upon and defines Pennrose in order to keep the company running at this dysfunctional pace it is a broken machine.
    Good Luck !

Moving on was the best thing I did.

I worked at Pennrose Management Company full-time

Pros

There weren't many. Things seemed to be getting better when I left, but they couldn't have gotten much worse. The best thing I ever did for myself and my family was leave that place far behind.

Cons

Management was disorganized and weren't leaders. Turnover across the company is horrendous. Advancement opportunities were discouraged. Watch out for liars just looking to get ahead, no matter who they take down to get there.

A great learning experience, room to grow

Former Employee - Regional Marketing Coordinator  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Regional Marketing Coordinator in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Pennrose Management Company full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really appreciated the room to grow here, there are so many opportunities available for someone who is willing to take them. If you like to work independently and can achieve goals without much supervision, this is a great place to be!

Cons

The company is missing out a lot on policy and procedure. If your looking for standard operating procedures, your best bet is to make your own. Leadership changes over every few years, I found the most success by working independently and holding myself accountable.

Accountability, hold your people accountable for what they need to be doing. Too often one person shoulders the workload of many and then get's fired when a ball is dropped.

Assistnat Property Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager  in  New Brunswick, NJ
    Current Employee - Assistant Property Manager in New Brunswick, NJ

I have been working at Pennrose Management Company full-time for less than a year

Pros

having the ability to learn everthing that property managers need to preform

Cons

not as much room for growth in this industry

No real leadership.

I worked at Pennrose Management Company full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I did gain a lot of experience and knowledge from this company.

Cons

They want Rome built in a day.

The nice picture they paint before you start is only a mirage of smoke and mirrors. When the truth is just the opposite. There never seems to be any organization, training or direction.

Worked for Pennrose Management Company? Contribute to the Community!