Penny Lane Centers

Add Photos

Just Okay

Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Penny Lane Centers full-time for more than a year

ProsLearned to work with a difficult population
Good starting pay
Changing the lives of children
Good benefits

ConsLack of communication
Overworked
Executive management made decisions but had no connection to line staff
Using kids and not taking care of them

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate and stop hiring people in your network.

They don't care about the children!

I worked at Penny Lane Centers

ProsNice building to work in.

ConsSupervisory staff is awful, they tell you one thing one day and then another the next day. They lack compassion about the children, seeing them as numbers and not human! And this is a center which is named after the Taper family! Shame on them. Horrible place to work!

Advice to Senior ManagementRead above and listen to your employees. Mark Taper would be rolling over in his grave on how this center is run!

I rather be unemployed than work for this company.

I worked at Penny Lane Centers

ProsThe children and their families. There was nothing good about working for this company other than the population it served.

ConsNo room for advancement; patronizing regional manager; poor salary. Horrible working environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's not a coincidence when a group of employees leave all at once.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The worst company I have worked for

I worked at Penny Lane Centers

ProsThe company has decent salaries for the nonprofit world. They promote from within too. They hire good hard working people.

ConsThis is a sweat shop of mental health. Overwhelming paperwork is demanded without sufficient administrative support. They dump more and more work every day on their workers. They make your responsible for work that is not supposed to be in your job description. They do not care to hear from people and their needs. They do not provide you what you need to do your job, but expect you to “make it work” as you know.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet in touch with what people need to do their job properly. You are not just a regular business. Your workers work with human lives and not beer bottles. If you don’t care about your workers, how do you expect your workers to care for your clients, who need that care? Hire more administrative support and floor staff. Do not stretch your people thin!!!

Horrible

Residential Counselor (Former Employee)
North Hills, CA

I worked at Penny Lane Centers full-time for more than a year

ProsGood company to work for if you get in.

ConsThey are not good to hard working employees. Higher administration has no connection with workers who are at the bottom working hard, engaging and interacting with the youth.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your policies

Worked for Penny Lane Centers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Penny Lane Centers reviews and ratings. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Penny Lane Centers employees.