Penske Motor Group Reviews

88 reviews filtered by
4.8
Penske Motor Group Chairman & CEO Greg Penske
Greg Penske

Pros
  • great benefits, wellness program, management shows appreciation to employees (in 12 reviews)

• Wellness coach, gym membership/reimbursement & activities (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • you work most weekends, but we need to remember that we are in the service buisness, most people are off weeekends (in 4 reviews)

• department cliques, need more room for growth (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

A Workplace - a Great Place!

I have been working at Penske Motor Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people work as a team, committed to be the very best they can be to each other and to our guests. A culture of excellence, integrity and caring is genuine and runs from top to bottom. Clean, comfortable and safe workplace with an onsite fitness center, plus fun perks (luncheons, barbecues, etc.) make PMG a great place!

Cons

It's a retail company so we are open 7 days a week, and the hours can be long. But if you are in sales, then this a great opportunity.

Mar 11, 2015Vice President

Thanks for taking the time to submit the review. I couldn't agree with you more. We are always looking for ways to make work more enjoyable, so if you have any suggestions, please fill out the ... More

2. Finance Assistant

Current Employee - Finance Assistance in San Rafael, CA
    Current Employee - Finance Assistance in San Rafael, CA

I have been working at Penske Motor Group

Pros

Awsome place to work and good company. Company really care about customers and employees

Cons

Big load of work everyday and stressful

3. Great place to work

I have been working at Penske Motor Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They are willing to train and grow their employees
    The people I work with a great
    I feel appreciated
    The pay is fair (it could always be better)

Cons

You have to work hard

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

5. Great Company with hard working people

I have been working at Penske Motor Group

Pros

Everyone is friendly and hard working. We have Subway, Starbucks and AAA on the lot which is convenient. The owner knows everyone by name and takes time to talk to each person.

Cons

Every company has its problems, but no real complaints.
    They do their best.

Advice to Management

I never posted anything online and try not to get into anyone's business, but I have to say that I'm surprised at the company's response to a recent posting. I am from the business office and I doubt if anyone in Hr has met with some of us to get our opinion on the department. If this happened, I know that Hr would not receive honest answer for obvious reasons. Complaints don't just come from out from nowhere, so there must be something to it. Unfortunately this helps an earlier posting that management really needs to take time to listen and come up with real solutions.

6. Best company I've ever worked for !!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

I have been working at Penske Motor Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great company all together, great medical benefits, compensation is great compared to other local dealerships, and everyone truly works as a team. PMG truly wants you to succeed and helps you grow into a great career. Managers are very involved in your success and the success of everyone as a team. Have been here less than a year and already I have been able to grow my career. It feels great to have your hard work recognized by team members and management!

Cons

Nothing bad to say

Mar 11, 2015Vice President

Thanks for the feedback! I'm glad to hear another story of our Penske Way value of "Effort = Results" is happening.

Hopefully, you heard of the Career Fair that we had at RAB Motors on Tuesday
    ... More

7. Good Company, Need to Listen to Employees

Current Employee - Business Office in El Monte, CA
    Current Employee - Business Office in El Monte, CA

I have been working at Penske Motor Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly, clean and good benefits.

Cons

No protection for employees against managers who make unreasonable demands. Employees can't trust HR because they will protect managers. The business office is the perfect example. No one wants to work there and those who are there feel trapped and miserable. Many hope to transfer out if they get a chance.

Advice to Management

Employees respect management but they need to really step up and say something to those that run the business office. The proof is all the turnover. Many actions in the business office are policy or even law violations.

Mar 11, 2015Vice President

I'm sorry that you feel trapped and miserable. I've had a chance to talk to several from the Business Office since reading this review and they told me otherwise. In any regard, that is the last ... More

8. #1 volume auto retailer in the world for 48 years for a reason....the team!

I have been working at Penske Motor Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Ethics run deep, and excellence is the norm. Unlimited opportunities for those that really want them. Very supportive team and promotions all come from within.

Cons

Not a great place to work if you like old-school car tactics, or don't like a fast pace: Longo's culture expects excellence daily, and our job is to deliver that to our guests and fellow employees. Great place if you like to succeed, not good if you like to loaf.

Mar 11, 2015Vice President

Thanks for spending the time to write such a great review. I'm happy to announce that Toyota just announced that Longo is the recipient of the Presidents Circle Award for 2014 recognizing us for ... More

9. Team Penske

I have been working at Penske Motor Group

Pros

It is refreshing to have the owner of the company be intimately involved in the operations at the store. He truly cares about each guest experience and more importantly each employees well being. He challenges everyone to be the best they can be without limitations. Opportunity abounds within Penske Motor Group.

Cons

Every job has some Cons but none that are big issues, and can not be overcome.

10. I have the best boss ever!

Current Employee - Recon Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Recon Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Penske Motor Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I love being a part of the preowned department at Lexus of Stevens Creek. Mike is an amazing boss that is very knowledge about the industry. Working next to him is an honor and everyday I get to learn new things. He apprecaites me and my contribution. Its not everyday you get have an amazing boss like this. I feel so lucky!

Cons

At times my work load can be a lot.

Advice to Management

Mike always appreciates my contribution everyday. There is not a day that goes by that he does not say thank you! Mike's thank you is not just for my contibution to this store but thanks me for my contibution to Penske Motor Group. He goes the extra to mile with his guests, staff and everyone!

11. Excellent company to work for

Current Employee - Service Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Service Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Penske Motor Group full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The company does a great job of taking care of their employees. They always make sure that every person has everything they need to be successful. The company will always take the high road and do the right thing.

Cons

Hard to find any downsides. By far the best automotive dealership to work at on the West coast. Very stable and a lot of room for growth.

Penske Motor Group Photos