Penske Motor Group

Penske Motor Group Chairman & CEO Greg Penske

Greg Penske

It's All About Employee Satisifaction

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Rafael, CA

ProsThe owner, Greg Penske, says that the most important thing is great employees satisfaction. And those aren't just words to him, his actions show that he means it. He has over 1000 employees and remembers all of their names and the personal details that they share with him. There is a good benefit package with low cost options (and even no-cost options), and a 401(k) match. Plus there's a wellness program with a Wellness Coach to keep everyone healthy and fun events like race days, bowling events and BBQ's. And the people here are awsome!

ConsBeing a retail business there are some positons that require long hours, and working a some holidays. But the pay seems to compensates for that.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

Amazing People, Amazing Culture!

Team Member (Current Employee) El Monte, CA

ProsSuch an employee friendly environment! They provide us an on-site gym with a trainer. Great benefits at a lower expense than most companies. Pay is really good and we get some amazing discounts on cars, service, parts and even The retail store that has Oakley and Ray Ban. This is a place that you regularly see the CEO (Greg Penske) walking around and who spends time to get to know each and every employee.

ConsCan't think of any at this time. Keep up the great job! Very happy here!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work! Thanks for caring!

It's all about the employee at Penske Motor Group!

Recruiter (Current Employee) El Monte, CA

ProsI’ve been with the company for 12 years. I quickly realized in my first couple of months that this isn’t your typical business. They had training classes and a great company culture. The average tenure is about 9-10 years so needless to say I was the newbie for a long time. Over the years I’ve been challenged and given opportunities that I would have never expected in my wildest dreams. They reward you for your hard work and promote from within. They truly value their team and give so many perks along the way. This business is all about honest and transparent business practices. The onsite gym is one of my favorite perks along with Starbucks, Subway and a full service AAA office.

ConsIt is a retail environment so depending on the job it may require long hours. I imagine it’s the same at all retail businesses. You’re open and ready when your customers are.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to always keep what makes PMG special. The culture and synergy of every department.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

When I first started I was empowered, but that was short lived.

Rental Sales Representative (Former Employee) Las Vegas, NV

ProsNewest fleet in the industry, stable job, hours are reasonable, above average college tuition reimbursement

Cons- When our former district manager transferred, the morale in this location was very poor. Local management in Las Vegas is why I ranked the company so low, the locals managers enjoy talking about the employees, cussed at and bullied rental employees and did not care to change the negative environment.

- Benefits are not the greatest either until after a year of employment.

Advice to Senior Management-Advice to Area Regional Managers and Regional Vice President - Meet with employees one on one to discuss their happiness with their local managers. It was not a mere coincidence why all of a sudden 3/4 of our rental staff was leaving

-Consider implementing Voice of the Employee to improve employee retention

Really great people to work with.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsGood people to work with makes it fun. Lexus is starting to step up to the plate and be competitive with other car manufacturers, but they are still years behind.

ConsHard to move around the company, not much room for growth. Pay is not competitive as the Tech sector. Seems like they are afraid to give people overtime even when they deserve it. Plan to work 3-4 jobs and one get paid for one. Miscommunication is a huge problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow more appreciation for each employee and don't treat them like a replaceable entity.

Great Overall Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) El Monte, CA

ProsGreat employees, including management. Fast-paced environment but relatively stress-free

ConsInternship needs more exposure to all jobs specific to the department rather than doing the easy low-level tasks.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust the interns!

Great Place for Resume Building

Payroll Clerk (Current Employee) El Monte, CA

ProsEverything at Penske is super organized. I spent a majority of my time just filing payroll documents, but my supervisors were always interested in my well-being and wanted to know how they could help me in my future career.

With regards to the actual location, it was my ideal spot. With a Starbucks and Subway on-site, what more could you ask for?

ConsThe only con I have is that you always run into the sales floor, which takes away from the professional setting.

Appointment Coordinator

Appointment Coordinator (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsClosed on Sundays, benefits are ok but better than most, and it's a nice environment. I loved my co-workers. I was allowed to work a 4 day 10 hour shift schedule which worked great for me during school.

ConsBeing on the phones is a tough job, you get yelled at a lot and there's not much you can do about it. The advisors don't answer their phones much since the appointments are over-booked and they are way too busy. You have a set schedule every week, but you could be asked to switch to cover someone else who is on vacation or sick. No designated parking for employees at the SERVICE & PARTS DEPARTMENT, so you have to hope you get a 10 hour spot across the street, or move your car every 2 hours. I got 2 parking tickets while working here. Pay is ok for little experience required, but don't expect more than a .50 cent raise annually (and that's if you are a hard worker). I believe the pay grade they set in place for the call center is $13-$16/hour but I worked there for 6 years and left at $15.50/hour.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport the call center by taking those irate customers off their hands so they can get to the next call.

A great place to learn, not a place to grow.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) El Monte, CA

Prosfellow employees are very friendly, healthy employee discounts on many different products, lots of team building events

ConsExtremely bureaucratic, many employees are openly unhappy, low pay

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on moving things forward rather than dwelling on past issues

Fantastic company to work for, everyone is willing to help.

Internet Sales Manager (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsLexus of Stevens Creek is a great company to work for because they have great benefits for its employees and you can potentially make ALLOT of money. Always want employees feedback.

ConsLexus of Stevens Creek has No cons that i can think of. And the only reason that I am writing right now is bc of the 20 word min.

Worked for Penske Motor Group? Contribute to the Community!