Penske Motor Group Reviews

Great Place To Work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  El Monte, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Monte, CA

I have been working at Penske Motor Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The people are what make this a great place to work. Strong character and work ethic make it a pleasure to go to. Because of the people around me, it never "feels like work," We make it fun and up beat. The company supports associate training, which is often overlooked with many dealerships I have worked with. Leadership team is strong and cares about the Team Members. Benefit package is pretty amazing, which more important that most realize.

Cons

Some of the basic core principles are not followed consistently across all levels. In some instances, "us vs. them" exists, however, I do not think it hampers our ability to take care of the guest.

Service Consultant

Current Employee - Service Consultant  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Service Consultant in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Penske Motor Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good management and great leadership.

Cons

The challenge of working for this company is stay on top of CSI.

It's All About Employee Satisifaction

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Rafael, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

I have been working at Penske Motor Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The owner, Greg Penske, says that the most important thing is great employees satisfaction. And those aren't just words to him, his actions show that he means it. He has over 1000 employees and remembers all of their names and the personal details that they share with him. There is a good benefit package with low cost options (and even no-cost options), and a 401(k) match. Plus there's a wellness program with a Wellness Coach to keep everyone healthy and fun events like race days, bowling events and BBQ's. And the people here are awsome!

Cons

Being a retail business there are some positons that require long hours, and working a some holidays. But the pay seems to compensates for that.

Keep doing what you're doing.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing People, Amazing Culture!

Current Employee - Team Member  in  El Monte, CA
    Current Employee - Team Member in El Monte, CA

I have been working at Penske Motor Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Such an employee friendly environment! They provide us an on-site gym with a trainer. Great benefits at a lower expense than most companies. Pay is really good and we get some amazing discounts on cars, service, parts and even The retail store that has Oakley and Ray Ban. This is a place that you regularly see the CEO (Greg Penske) walking around and who spends time to get to know each and every employee.

Cons

Can't think of any at this time. Keep up the great job! Very happy here!

Keep up the great work! Thanks for caring!

It's all about the employee at Penske Motor Group!

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  El Monte, CA
    Current Employee - Recruiter in El Monte, CA

I have been working at Penske Motor Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I’ve been with the company for 12 years. I quickly realized in my first couple of months that this isn’t your typical business. They had training classes and a great company culture. The average tenure is about 9-10 years so needless to say I was the newbie for a long time. Over the years I’ve been challenged and given opportunities that I would have never expected in my wildest dreams. They reward you for your hard work and promote from within. They truly value their team and give so many perks along the way. This business is all about honest and transparent business practices. The onsite gym is one of my favorite perks along with Starbucks, Subway and a full service AAA office.

Cons

It is a retail environment so depending on the job it may require long hours. I imagine it’s the same at all retail businesses. You’re open and ready when your customers are.

Make sure to always keep what makes PMG special. The culture and synergy of every department.

Really great people to work with.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Penske Motor Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people to work with makes it fun. Lexus is starting to step up to the plate and be competitive with other car manufacturers, but they are still years behind.

Cons

Hard to move around the company, not much room for growth. Pay is not competitive as the Tech sector. Seems like they are afraid to give people overtime even when they deserve it. Plan to work 3-4 jobs and one get paid for one. Miscommunication is a huge problem.

Show more appreciation for each employee and don't treat them like a replaceable entity.

Great Overall Experience

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  El Monte, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Monte, CA

I worked at Penske Motor Group as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Great employees, including management. Fast-paced environment but relatively stress-free

Cons

Internship needs more exposure to all jobs specific to the department rather than doing the easy low-level tasks.

Trust the interns!

Great Place for Resume Building

Current Employee - Payroll Clerk  in  El Monte, CA
    Current Employee - Payroll Clerk in El Monte, CA

I have been working at Penske Motor Group part-time

Pros

Everything at Penske is super organized. I spent a majority of my time just filing payroll documents, but my supervisors were always interested in my well-being and wanted to know how they could help me in my future career.

With regards to the actual location, it was my ideal spot. With a Starbucks and Subway on-site, what more could you ask for?

Cons

The only con I have is that you always run into the sales floor, which takes away from the professional setting.

Appointment Coordinator

Current Employee - Appointment Coordinator  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Appointment Coordinator in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Penske Motor Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Closed on Sundays, benefits are ok but better than most, and it's a nice environment. I loved my co-workers. I was allowed to work a 4 day 10 hour shift schedule which worked great for me during school.

Cons

Being on the phones is a tough job, you get yelled at a lot and there's not much you can do about it. The advisors don't answer their phones much since the appointments are over-booked and they are way too busy. You have a set schedule every week, but you could be asked to switch to cover someone else who is on vacation or sick. No designated parking for employees at the SERVICE & PARTS DEPARTMENT, so you have to hope you get a 10 hour spot across the street, or move your car every 2 hours. I got 2 parking tickets while working here. Pay is ok for little experience required, but don't expect more than a .50 cent raise annually (and that's if you are a hard worker). I believe the pay grade they set in place for the call center is $13-$16/hour but I worked there for 6 years and left at $15.50/hour.

Support the call center by taking those irate customers off their hands so they can get to the next call.

A great place to learn, not a place to grow.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  El Monte, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in El Monte, CA

I worked at Penske Motor Group

Pros

fellow employees are very friendly, healthy employee discounts on many different products, lots of team building events

Cons

Extremely bureaucratic, many employees are openly unhappy, low pay

Focus on moving things forward rather than dwelling on past issues

Worked for Penske Motor Group? Contribute to the Community!