Penske Motor Group

Penske Motor Group Chairman & CEO Greg Penske

Greg Penske

It's All About Employee Satisifaction

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Rafael, CA

ProsThe owner, Greg Penske, says that the most important thing is great employees satisfaction. And those aren't just words to him, his actions show that he means it. He has over 1000 employees and remembers all of their names and the personal details that they share with him. There is a good benefit package with low cost options (and even no-cost options), and a 401(k) match. Plus there's a wellness program with a Wellness Coach to keep everyone healthy and fun events like race days, bowling events and BBQ's. And the people here are awsome!

ConsBeing a retail business there are some positons that require long hours, and working a some holidays. But the pay seems to compensates for that.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

Amazing People, Amazing Culture!

Team Member (Current Employee) El Monte, CA

ProsSuch an employee friendly environment! They provide us an on-site gym with a trainer. Great benefits at a lower expense than most companies. Pay is really good and we get some amazing discounts on cars, service, parts and even The retail store that has Oakley and Ray Ban. This is a place that you regularly see the CEO (Greg Penske) walking around and who spends time to get to know each and every employee.

ConsCan't think of any at this time. Keep up the great job! Very happy here!

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work! Thanks for caring!

It's all about the employee at Penske Motor Group!

Recruiter (Current Employee) El Monte, CA

ProsI’ve been with the company for 12 years. I quickly realized in my first couple of months that this isn’t your typical business. They had training classes and a great company culture. The average tenure is about 9-10 years so needless to say I was the newbie for a long time. Over the years I’ve been challenged and given opportunities that I would have never expected in my wildest dreams. They reward you for your hard work and promote from within. They truly value their team and give so many perks along the way. This business is all about honest and transparent business practices. The onsite gym is one of my favorite perks along with Starbucks, Subway and a full service AAA office.

ConsIt is a retail environment so depending on the job it may require long hours. I imagine it’s the same at all retail businesses. You’re open and ready when your customers are.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to always keep what makes PMG special. The culture and synergy of every department.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Really great people to work with.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsGood people to work with makes it fun. Lexus is starting to step up to the plate and be competitive with other car manufacturers, but they are still years behind.

ConsHard to move around the company, not much room for growth. Pay is not competitive as the Tech sector. Seems like they are afraid to give people overtime even when they deserve it. Plan to work 3-4 jobs and one get paid for one. Miscommunication is a huge problem.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow more appreciation for each employee and don't treat them like a replaceable entity.

Great Overall Experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) El Monte, CA

ProsGreat employees, including management. Fast-paced environment but relatively stress-free

ConsInternship needs more exposure to all jobs specific to the department rather than doing the easy low-level tasks.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust the interns!

Great Place for Resume Building

Payroll Clerk (Current Employee) El Monte, CA

ProsEverything at Penske is super organized. I spent a majority of my time just filing payroll documents, but my supervisors were always interested in my well-being and wanted to know how they could help me in my future career.

With regards to the actual location, it was my ideal spot. With a Starbucks and Subway on-site, what more could you ask for?

ConsThe only con I have is that you always run into the sales floor, which takes away from the professional setting.

Appointment Coordinator

Appointment Coordinator (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsClosed on Sundays, benefits are ok but better than most, and it's a nice environment. I loved my co-workers. I was allowed to work a 4 day 10 hour shift schedule which worked great for me during school.

ConsBeing on the phones is a tough job, you get yelled at a lot and there's not much you can do about it. The advisors don't answer their phones much since the appointments are over-booked and they are way too busy. You have a set schedule every week, but you could be asked to switch to cover someone else who is on vacation or sick. No designated parking for employees at the SERVICE & PARTS DEPARTMENT, so you have to hope you get a 10 hour spot across the street, or move your car every 2 hours. I got 2 parking tickets while working here. Pay is ok for little experience required, but don't expect more than a .50 cent raise annually (and that's if you are a hard worker). I believe the pay grade they set in place for the call center is $13-$16/hour but I worked there for 6 years and left at $15.50/hour.

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport the call center by taking those irate customers off their hands so they can get to the next call.

A great place to learn, not a place to grow.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) El Monte, CA

Prosfellow employees are very friendly, healthy employee discounts on many different products, lots of team building events

ConsExtremely bureaucratic, many employees are openly unhappy, low pay

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on moving things forward rather than dwelling on past issues

Fantastic company to work for, everyone is willing to help.

Internet Sales Manager (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

ProsLexus of Stevens Creek is a great company to work for because they have great benefits for its employees and you can potentially make ALLOT of money. Always want employees feedback.

ConsLexus of Stevens Creek has No cons that i can think of. And the only reason that I am writing right now is bc of the 20 word min.

Lexus of Stevens Creek has a business office that offers a challenging and rewarding experiance everyday.

Vehicle Titles Administrator (Current Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsI have to say that the business office is the best place in my opinion. I work with the best Managers. The Office Manager and Comptroller are Wonderful! It is easy to bring up conversation with either one of them even when the issue is a tough one. They are wholehartedly supportive, understanding and always compliment on a job well done at every opportunity. From a specific task to the overall job performance of an individual, or department. I truely love coming to work. The team in the business office is just that a TEAM everyone works well with each other and offers assistance frequently. Not just at month end deadlines. The approach the managers take is always one of professionalism but what I feel is the best about that, is that everyone has the opportunity to learn new skills, and can really shine and what they do best. The Managers often challenge me with specific tasks to take on, or improve upon ones that need assistance. We have regular open discussions with all team members to come to the best plan of action. For example: a team member plans to take vacation time. The team will discuss how to best cover that position, who will do what tasks. So that when that employee returns there is no work to make up because everything was handled while they were away on vacation. All members of the team are trained to be able to assist on other team members desk. This works well because all team members have the opportunity to take on and learn other areas. Thereby increasing our knowledge and understanding in different aspects of what the busniess office does as a whole. I know that with the experiance I have gained through my employment I have the confidence I can take on several different positions in any dealership enviornment as well as other types of business.

ConsI don't really have any downsides to mention. Except that I never seem to have enough time. The day goes by so quickly that I easily loose track of time. Mostly because I always have something to do, and I prefer to finish a task before I take a break or go home.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf your management styles rubbed off a little more in other departments I think that everyone would not only do better in thier own department but it would increase productivity and moral.

Worked for Penske Motor Group? Contribute to the Community!