Penson GHCO

www.pensonghco.com

Penson GHCO Reviews

3.2

John Streich

PGHCO, great place to start but not stay.

Former Employee - IT Support Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - IT Support Specialist in Chicago, IL

I worked at Penson GHCO

Pros

Great place to learn the trading industry and ability to focus on what you want to learn.

Cons

There is a high rate of turnover in the IT department, for support personal they rarely stay more than 2 years before moving on to a higher paying job within or outside of the trading industry.

Value the support employees more and you will not have to constantly be hiring and training high school and college graduates. It doesnt take much to keep an employee around for more than 2 years, just a semi-competative salary compared to the rest of the marketplace.

Prop Trader

Former Employee - Proprietary Trader in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Proprietary Trader in Chicago, IL

I worked at Penson GHCO full-time (less than an year)

Pros

High level of autonomy, intelligent co-workers.

Cons

No real sense of company culture. Non-communicative management. High-pressure environment.

Nice place to work - If not for Sr. Mngt

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Penson GHCO

Pros

Friendly staff, great Cafe! open atmosphere.

Cons

Sr. Managment does not communicate at all. No promotion possible ever. Rare raise and if so, very small.

Please encourage more communication, staff are people too. We support our familes from working and are nervous and uptight when we can tell things are going on that we do not hear about.

Trade Support and Execution

Former Employee - Trad Support
    Former Employee - Trad Support

I worked at Penson GHCO

Pros

Great place to learn A LOT about the Futures industry. FCM for all major exchanges. Thousands of customers from different places (locals, retail customers, some CTAs).

A pro and a con... doing trade support (customer service) AND execution at the same desk. Can get VERY busy at times when exchanges have issues or front ends have connectivity problems.

Cons

Feast or famine. Desk can be slow or very fast. If something goes down, you have to get it back up.. and place orders for the customers that are dealing with the problem you are working on. A very "trial by fire" situation that rarely leads to a thank you from management. With the overnight lending rate at near zero, brokerages are not making the money they are used to making. This lends itself to a very lean staffing situation.