Pentaho

Pentaho Chairman and CEO Quentin Gallivan

Quentin Gallivan

Amazing place to work

Orlando, FL

ProsThe people are great and it's always fun to come to work. You feel like you're going to hang out with friends and get stuff done. I look forward to going to work every day.

ConsSome of the people are political and there are lots of growing pains as the company is rapidly getting bigger. That is a really small fraction, though, and I think it mostly affects management. There is really no formal on board training, which makes ramping up challenging. You have be comfortable with change and moving fast to fit in.

Great growing company

ProsFast pace, fast growth, awesome tech

ConsNo downsides here unless you don't like a fast paced place

Flag Review
    Pentaho Human Resources responded to this review Feb 24, 2014 EditDelete
    I want to thank you for your feedback here. It’s great to know you are optimistic about the company’s future! Feel free reach out to me if you would like to provide additional insight.

Couldn't be happier working at Pentaho

Sales (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

Pros- Surrounded by smart people with hard-working, winning attitudes.
    - Exec's care about their employees, from top to bottom.
    - Constant recognition for individual and team wins, big or small
    - Fun, collaborative and hungry environment
    - Great location downtown SF with great views.

Cons- Technology can be hard to capture if you don't have a passion for it

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the recognition!

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Totally Awesome Company to Work For

Orlando, FL

ProsGreat growth potential in a growing market

ConsA growing company will always experience occasional growing pains!

Advice to Senior ManagementAs you grow the company, work hard to keep things lean and flat.

Awesome Culture!

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee)
    Orlando, FL

ProsAt Pentaho, I am surrounded by so many people I admire and respect. The team chemistry is great and the team leads are some of the best I've ever worked with. The projects keep me engaged and interested. I appreciate all the things the company does to keep us happy and motivated - brown bags, occasional free lunches, loaded break rooms, work-from-home flex, gym memberships, etc. The best part of working here is the culture! =)

ConsWe have a very long list of products/projects to maintain. It takes a long time to get familiar with the entire technology stack.

Fun and fast-paced place to work!

ProsThis is a dynamic and fun place to work....the creativity and ideas that are swirling about are amazing! I have been here about a year and I still look forward to going into the office on Monday mornings. The motto here seems to be "ask for forgiveness, not permission". Management actively encourages ideas.

Definitely full of very intelligent, creative people, and there's a distinct lack of "jerks". I believe that the hiring process is designed specifically to keep shallow thinkers, pessimistic people, and jerks out! It's quite refreshing

ConsSometimes it's a little loud (people chatting). Hey, I had to write something here, and that was all I could come up with.

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue having 1 on 1s with staff....this process works

The Best Place I've Ever Worked!!!!

ProsPentaho is unique and I love working here. It is the perfect combination of "laid-back casualness", and commitment to excellence.

Pros:
    Co-Workers are passionate about the product and their role in creating it.
    Flexible schedule.
    Great place for people who are self starters and self managers.
    Lots of new, cutting-edge technology.
    International teams.
    Incredible benefits package, the best I've seen anywhere!

ConsCons:
    There aren't any cons for me, but this place would be a poor fit for someone who needs a lot of guidance and clear direction. It would also be a poor fit for someone who is not a self-starter.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Best job I have ever had and it is only getting better!

Engineering (Current Employee)

Pros*Flexible schedule
    *Company takes care of its own
    *Entire company works tirelessly to produce the best product possible
    *Competitive pay
    *Brilliant co-workers

Cons*Fast paced environment with continuously evolving processes.
    *Need to be very technical to keep up.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll complaints are already being reviewed and are being acted on.

Amazing opportunity

ProsPentaho has advanced software that is the leader in an emerging market. The engineering team and their leadership is innovative and extremely capable. Additionally, all of our execs (engineering, marketing, sales, etc.) are thought leaders and subject matter experts with significant industry experience. Pentaho is truly an amazing place to work.

ConsWe're growing - fast! With that growth comes some pain. The good news is, growing pains are common and are quickly overcome. Pentaho is great at ramping up and employees and making available the tools and processes to ensure we continue to grow as market leaders.

So far, a company done right

(Current Employee)

ProsThe CEO runs the company very well and the sales VP is a veteran who has seen it all and knows what he is doing. Corporate communication is absolutely fantastic thus far. The people are open, helpful, and pleasant to work with. The culture is about working hard, working smart, and collaborating from what I have seen so far. Lastly, marketing and sales work very collaboratively, as # of leads and # of sales accepted opportunities are measured and are transparent. This team is very well poised for success.

ConsThere is a twenty word minimum here, so I'm going to type this sentence and meet the requirement right now.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. Be sure to pay attention to career development in the coming years.

Worked for Pentaho? Contribute to the Community!

Pentaho – Why Work for Us?

​​​ ​​​​​ Unified Data Integration and Business Analytics To Save Time and Money By tightly coupling data integration with business analytics, Pentaho brings together IT and business users to access, integrate… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pentaho reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pentaho CEO Quentin Gallivan. All 35 reviews posted anonymously by Pentaho employees.