Pentair

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pentair Chairman and CEO Randall J. Hogan

Randall J. Hogan

Pros
  • Good People to work with and good products ensure you the ability to sell materials(in 10 reviews)

• There are some great people to work with here and the company is stable(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The work / life balance needs some work(in 3 reviews)

• Don't ever expect to spend time with your family, unless you are upper Management(in 4 reviews)

Great Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat Benefits at this company

ConsA lot people not happy being there

Pentair's EP Plant has nice people and a provides a clean safe place to work.

Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Former Employee) Anoka, MN

ProsPentair has a number of processes that provide a good learning experience for any new engineer to the game. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a good job in manufacturing. All the people, from the factory operators all the way up to management, are nice approachable people, who are willing to help you and production in any way they can.

ConsThe downside to working in a plant that is definitely process advanced is that you will work at other places and realize how good you had it at Pentair. On the other side, it provides a good reference from systems and processes to implement anywhere you work forthcoming.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to involve all personnel in improvement projects.

Pentair -- "Lean" in so many ways...

Power Vertical Team Member - From Tyco (Former Employee)

ProsWide Products offering for wide variety of Industries worldwide.

ConsThe acquired Tyco Valves & Controls and stripped it, which increased the bottom line and stock price, but will definitely stymie future growth -- perhaps they will begin selling off the Tyco factories and companies?

Advice to Senior ManagementSupport your global manufacturing facilities with technically sharp Sales groups of industry professionals -- like all the folks you either laid off or drove off. Or else sell of the Tyco companies before you have to shut their doors.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chaotic and unrealistic leadership, stressful work environment

Operation (Current Employee) Anoka, MN

ProsStrong channel and used-to-be high market share

ConsStressful, constant change in leadership and direction

Advice to Senior ManagementBe realistic, pick the right business leaders

Purchasing Analyst Intern

ProsGreat people to work with

Conswork slow at different times

Too big to be so chaotic.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood people work for Pentair.

ConsPentair can be very disorganized.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more work instructions, and less tribal knowledge.

Focused on the business and not the customer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Brookfield, WI

ProsCompensation was competitive for management.

ConsBegan hiring executives that where overly assertive and did not understand the business. Continually espousing taking risks, without true data to make an informed risk analysis.

Advice to Senior ManagementReturn to the true culture of lean, thinking in terms of adding value. Understand that it is through serving the customer that you serve the business, If you continue to fail to serve the customer, someone will. Look inward.

Marketing Coordinator

Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) Delavan, WI

ProsFriendly and helpful people. Good company attitude and communication.

ConsSome employees seemed unsure of company focus.

Management there for just the money.

Buyer (Current Employee)

ProsThere is nothing pro about this company.

ConsThey will work you no matter how tired you are. If you don't meet there goal they will make you keep working until you do. Don't ever expect to spend time with your family, unless you are upper Management. You are working to make money for the company,you will never get compensated for the work you do , You will never see a raise Benefits are horrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like Humans not robots. Treat your employees with respect don't treat them like garbage.

Large Shipping

Large Shipping (Former Employee) Reno, NV

Prosnone that I can think of

ConsLong hours you work six days a week. Make one mistake and your gone. Uses temps for all there work it takes a miracle to get hired on.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect don't fire them on thanksgiving break. Specially with a phone call

Worked for Pentair? Contribute to the Community!