Pentair

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pentair Chairman and CEO Randall J. Hogan

Randall J. Hogan

Pros
  • Good People to work with and good products ensure you the ability to sell materials(in 10 reviews)

• There are some great people to work with here and the company is stable(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The work / life balance needs some work(in 3 reviews)

• Don't ever expect to spend time with your family, unless you are upper Management(in 4 reviews)

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Positive experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsIn my first year, I was pleased to find Pentair to be a very helpful and collaborative culture. Never have I heard the phrase "that's not my job/problem." I feel good working for a company that not only promotes "Win Right" values, but "walks the talk."

ConsLike any large corporation, process and decisions can be slow. The company is very diversified, so it can take a while to fully grasp the business and navigate channels.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to promote the Win Right values and help foster greater collaboration across businesses.

Upper finance management seems more interested in playing favorites than true people development

(Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsGreat global reach so many opportunities to travel internationally and learn the business in different countries. The people overall are very experienced and excel at their jobs.

ConsIt is obvious management at the upper level of finance plays favorites - decisions about hiring/firing/retention seem more based on getting on upper finance's "good side" rather than true employee performance. As a result, there is a lack of trust in upper management's retention and personnel development decisions, especially if you have a direct or dotted-line reporting to the CFO. This has become increasingly obvious now that preparations for the merger are advancing.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo a better job retaining talent, especially during the merger process. Make sure retention and development of talent is fair, not based on a single individual's opinions/views.

Interesting work, but could be challenging because culture was changing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsSmart people
    Good products
    Ability to drive change and make improvements
    Interesting project work
    Performance driven culture
    Good pay and benefits

ConsMinimal recognition given
    Company seemed to be going through an identity crisis: Are we a (decentralized) holding company or a (centralized) operating company?
    Lots of process inefficiencies and waste
    Leadership could be short-sighted at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementThink bigger picture. Invest in long-term solutions that yield strong ROI over time, rather than favoring short-term band-aid fixes that have a more immediate impact on bottom line, but aren't fixing the root cause.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Too process-driven, not result-driven

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

Prosdocumentation to capture data or other information

Consvery inefficient, tools that used corporate-wide are designed by people who don't have to use it daily

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more result-driven

Worked for Pentair? Contribute to the Community!