Pentair

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pentair Chairman and CEO Randall J. Hogan

Randall J. Hogan

Pros
  • Good People to work with and good products ensure you the ability to sell materials(in 10 reviews)

• There are some great people to work with here and the company is stable(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • The work / life balance needs some work(in 3 reviews)

• Don't ever expect to spend time with your family, unless you are upper Management(in 4 reviews)

Decent place to work -- but how long will you be there???

Customer Support - General (Former Employee) Delavan, WI

ProsWhile working there, they provided training relevant to my current job, as well as providing training that would allow me to be promoted.
    The pay and benefits package was very adequate for the position and amount of work required.
    Working conditions were good. The co-workers and supervisors always ready to help out if needed.

ConsWhen economic conditions got tough, Pentair's go-to plan was to cut the head count. If there was a poor quarter, everyone was on edge wondering how long they may have a job.
    It was also sometimes difficult to get things done because of bureaucratic red tape. Managers had budgets to keep, had to report to corporate HQ, etc.
    In several cases, not enough time/energy was spent on product improvement. There were products with known issues that simply never got fixed.

Advice to Senior Management1) Figure out a better way to properly staff for seasonal peaks and valleys.
    2) Try other means of cutting costs rather than sudden (and seemingly random) cuts of head count.
    3) Spend more time and resources improving product quality!

Small company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood product, growth market, mega trend

ConsNot very good management in China

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPentair really seemed to care about growth for the benefits of its employees and stockholders, but had a good way of making its associates feel valued even though they were in the midst of evolving into a large corporation during the time I was there.

ConsWork-life balance was a challenge, there seemed to be an unwritten rule about hours worked.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage movement internally instead of hiring outside so often.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Positive experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsIn my first year, I was pleased to find Pentair to be a very helpful and collaborative culture. Never have I heard the phrase "that's not my job/problem." I feel good working for a company that not only promotes "Win Right" values, but "walks the talk."

ConsLike any large corporation, process and decisions can be slow. The company is very diversified, so it can take a while to fully grasp the business and navigate channels.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to promote the Win Right values and help foster greater collaboration across businesses.

Decent Company

Program Manager (Former Employee) Grand Rapids, MI

ProsI had a really good boss that listens and answer my questions

ConsNot everyone are as helpful and eager to help

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter benefits are needed, and leadership is lacking in some departments

good place to work

Sales (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosflexible hours, good people, office culture

Conssometimes can be stressful when work is building up, stretched out thin

Advice to Senior Managementhelp people's careers

Leviathan of an organization with good people but also lots of red tape of a typical bueurocracy

Technical Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsDeep pockets, training, good vehicles, compensation is reasonable but not great.

ConsLarge and dysfunctional group of companies and organizations internal seem to work against each other

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend less time preaching and more time doing

Good company, but relatively slow decision making and frequent org changes

Director, Strategy (Current Employee)

ProsGood brands, strong operations. Focus on quarterly performance but has good long term strategic planning process. Talented and performance driven CEO

ConsFrequent org changes, slow growth. Not much reward for top performers. BU presidents not able to take bold decisions, still very US centric

Advice to Senior ManagementStabilize organization, recognize and give opportunities to top performers

Kansas City facility - Very bad company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Kansas City, KS

ProsLearn everything on your own.

ConsDirty and old building with broken furniture from the 70s.
    No training, no workable reasonable system in place.
    Don't value employees. Hard working employees are all over worked and got blamed ion everything. Lazy employees doesn't do anything and remain in the company because they can't leave.
    Inconsistence on policy execution towards different people.
    Manager that broke ethic rule doesn't receive any punishment or consequence. All they did was given that person a "talk"
    Unfair working environment and the company will abuse you of you work hard and do a good job.
    No communication between management and lower rank employees.
    No action taken even after employees asked for help multiple times.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't see hope in this place changing.

Great place to work

Sales (Former Employee) Stafford, TX

Prosculture is great. People are good to work with.

Conswork many hours and on weekends

Worked for Pentair? Contribute to the Community!