Pentair

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pentair Chairman and CEO Randall J. Hogan

Randall J. Hogan

Pros
  • Good People to work with and good products ensure you the ability to sell materials (in 10 reviews)

• good pay and better benefits, direct dposit with 24/7 computer access to payroll and benefits as well as employee discounts (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Very corporate which is good if you like this structure you must enjoy very limited work life balance to succeed (in 4 reviews)

• Don't ever expect to spend time with your family, unless you are upper Management (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Pricing Analyst

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Proslots of data to analyse and coworks very friendly, salary is OK but not a lot of oppotunities to get promoted

Consmanager long distance, company in transition and no motivation, like any large companies that always very difficulty to get things done

Very Corporate Structure

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood employees and a challenging product good training but few promotions.

ConsVery corporate which is good if you like this structure you must enjoy very limited work life balance to succeed.

Decent place to work -- but how long will you be there???

Customer Support - General (Former Employee) Delavan, WI

ProsWhile working there, they provided training relevant to my current job, as well as providing training that would allow me to be promoted.
    The pay and benefits package was very adequate for the position and amount of work required.
    Working conditions were good. The co-workers and supervisors always ready to help out if needed.

ConsWhen economic conditions got tough, Pentair's go-to plan was to cut the head count. If there was a poor quarter, everyone was on edge wondering how long they may have a job.
    It was also sometimes difficult to get things done because of bureaucratic red tape. Managers had budgets to keep, had to report to corporate HQ, etc.
    In several cases, not enough time/energy was spent on product improvement. There were products with known issues that simply never got fixed.

Advice to Senior Management1) Figure out a better way to properly staff for seasonal peaks and valleys.
    2) Try other means of cutting costs rather than sudden (and seemingly random) cuts of head count.
    3) Spend more time and resources improving product quality!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPentair really seemed to care about growth for the benefits of its employees and stockholders, but had a good way of making its associates feel valued even though they were in the midst of evolving into a large corporation during the time I was there.

ConsWork-life balance was a challenge, there seemed to be an unwritten rule about hours worked.

Advice to Senior ManagementEncourage movement internally instead of hiring outside so often.

Small company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood product, growth market, mega trend

ConsNot very good management in China

Positive experience

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsIn my first year, I was pleased to find Pentair to be a very helpful and collaborative culture. Never have I heard the phrase "that's not my job/problem." I feel good working for a company that not only promotes "Win Right" values, but "walks the talk."

ConsLike any large corporation, process and decisions can be slow. The company is very diversified, so it can take a while to fully grasp the business and navigate channels.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to promote the Win Right values and help foster greater collaboration across businesses.

Decent Company

Program Manager (Former Employee) Grand Rapids, MI

ProsI had a really good boss that listens and answer my questions

ConsNot everyone are as helpful and eager to help

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter benefits are needed, and leadership is lacking in some departments

good place to work

Sales (Current Employee) Houston, TX

Prosflexible hours, good people, office culture

Conssometimes can be stressful when work is building up, stretched out thin

Advice to Senior Managementhelp people's careers

Do NOT work for this company, I repeat, do not!

Slave (Former Employee) Hanover Park, IL

ProsAbsolutely nothing, Minimum wage to work in the blistering heat and terrible conditions.

ConsWhere do I begin, I have over 4 years of experience in warehouse and manufacturing, particularly, in the Steel industry. I worked here for one night at the Hanover Park, IL location and it has to be the worst job I have ever had. I'm a 24 year old male, I can handle extreme conditions, but this is just ridiculous, considering the pay. For 3rd shift they paid $9.25 an hour, which is by NO means anywhere near what you deserve to be paid working there. I received very positive feedback from management regarding the work I did that night (because I literally ran the entire line my first day there), but I'm advising you not to work there. I could not imagine what 1st shift would be like considering the heat.

The HEAT will destroy you, especially if you're working with the aluminum canister-filters (even hotter). I had a headache and a nauseous feeling a few hours in. I've never experienced feelings like that before and later found out that those were symptoms of HEAT STROKE. I chugged water like crazy mind you, at least 5-8 cups every hour. If you want to kill yourself or are a ex-convict, this is the perfect job for you, but if you're not, run away.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating your employees like slaves, pay them more...

Leviathan of an organization with good people but also lots of red tape of a typical bueurocracy

Technical Sales Representative (Current Employee)

ProsDeep pockets, training, good vehicles, compensation is reasonable but not great.

ConsLarge and dysfunctional group of companies and organizations internal seem to work against each other

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend less time preaching and more time doing

Worked for Pentair? Contribute to the Community!