Pentair Reviews

Reset
2.9
Pentair Chairman and CEO Randall J. Hogan
Randall J. Hogan

Pros
  • Some very good people working there (in 11 reviews)

• good pay and better benefits, direct dposit with 24/7 computer access to payroll and benefits as well as employee discounts (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance was a challenge, there seemed to be an unwritten rule about hours worked (in 4 reviews)

Avoid at all cost!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Golden Valley, MN

Pros

The pay was above avg.

Cons

The worst management I have worked under in 15 years and 5 companies. In the 6 months I worked there I bet I conversed with my direct manager a total of 20 minutes. I was given NO direction on what my duties were and no feedback as to how I was doing. They were mad that I missed meetings that I was not invited to. They were mad that I missed a deadline that I was never given. Communication was a big fat ZERO. There was also an employee that worked under me that had absolutly no idea what she was doing. Everyday she would stop by and ask if I could run these reports for her, show her how to do this, tell her how to do that, please fix this for me, UGG I basically did my job and hers everyday. If I wasn't in the office to help her do her job, she would complain to our direct manager that I didn't help her & that I was never around! You try to sit in a chair for 8 hours a day with absolutly NO tasks assigned to you! It's boring! Then I was let go by phone on a Saturday! haha - Worst job ever!

Advice to Management

Talk to your employees! If you want something, ASK! If you don't like something, SAY SO!

2. excelent dead end job with flexible schedule.

Current Employee - Automation Tech in Conroe, TX
    Current Employee - Automation Tech in Conroe, TX

Pros

climate controlled day time job great for going to school for better employment elswhere. relaxed atmosphere, best dead end job i have ever had.

Cons

mangement comunication needs complete overhaul room for advancement ...not there. micromanagement bordering on obbsesive. corporate braggs of making 38 million last year at conroe location but yet we the machine only warrent a two percent raise.!!!

Advice to Management

continue marketing stratagies but allow for greater raises for the machine that keeps you going. try to find ways to make better moral for workers.

Time wasted. Should have worked elsewhere.

Current Employee - Assembler in Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Assembler in Brookfield, WI

Pros

Get out early on Friday

Cons

Always on mandatory overtime. Always running out of parts. Unrealistic takt times, Management is a joke. Very political environment. Doesn't value employee feedback. High turnover. Underpaid. They lie about everything.

Advice to Management

Do business with vendors in the US. Waiting 2-3 months for parts from Europe is ridiculous. Pay your people. Treat your long time employees as assets.

A Joke Of A Company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brookfield, WI

Pros

None, I do not believe there are any Pros.

Cons

Beware of this company. They will tell you that you are great to your face and behind your back they will backstab you and sell you out to save their own job. How can you treat your employees that way. It is no wonder no one trusts in this company. The GM will do and say anything to save his own behind. Eventually, things will catch up and people will realize what a joke this division is. I would not recommend this company to anyone. If you want to die or a heart attack and have no family time this is the company for you. I can't see this division staying around to long unless there are BIG changes.

Advice to Management

Fire yourselves and start over.

Pentair is not a workplace that in lasting.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo Grove, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo Grove, IL

Pros

Interesting products, and brands are well known. The locations are spread out across the region and offer lateral movement within the organization.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations of product development to production. Need for FMEA process to avoid rush to production, which only creates waste.

Advice to Management

You need to stop letting customers run your business. Of course the customer is king, but transparency should not mean the customer taking over.

Very political

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anoka, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Anoka, MN

Pros

Good brand (at least in the past) Great for people in the 20's

Cons

New leadership is damaging the customer loyalty Very poor integration with acquired brands What the leader says is different what comes out as a decision Performance review is based on if you are buddy with your boss Pentair is losing the edge and brand of the acquired companies

Advice to Management

Care about your employees

8. Disorganized chaos; infighting; HR incompetent

Former Employee - Office in Delavan, WI
    Former Employee - Office in Delavan, WI

I worked at Pentair full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay was OK, but workload excessive

Cons

"Old boy's club" where, if you are not buddies with people there for decades, you will be used and spit out. Watch out for back stabbers and an HR dept that works to help their friends and relatives get jobs.

Advice to Management

Get the senior HR doing some work; get junior HR out of major decision making.

9. Good place to work and learn

Current Employee - Senior Mechanical Engineer in Sanford, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Mechanical Engineer in Sanford, NC

I have been working at Pentair full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very stable company. Low levels of politics. Lots of opportunity to improve your skills and knowledge.competitive salary. Working hours are flexible to accommodate family.

Cons

Not focused in retaining talent. No clear career path.

Advice to Management

Focus on value added projects than make look good lean projects with no sizable return.

Rightsize? Downsize? Restructure? The 'GE Model' is no longer relevant.

Current Employee - Product Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pentair full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Tyco Thermal Controls was an acquisition of Pentair in October 2012. TTC was an excellent company with literally the best products in the world. Mature and well run business model. Really talented people. Excellent resources.

Cons

The period from 1 October through the 11 February layoff of 82 people worldwide was the most dysfuntional period I had seen in over 33 years of business. If you weren't looking over your shoulder you were wondering what Pentair had planned for the future. Communication was virtually non-existent and management representaives on the Global Leadership Team excelled at obsfuscation and mid-direction. A true disservice to shareholders, stakeholders and vendors. It will take decades to build loyalty. Please note that I was among the 82 laid off. Intelectually I can understand it. From a business and PR standbpoint a disaster. It would not have been so bad if they knew what I did and was underperforming. I was 'tagged' in a spreadsheet. A great euphamism for today's short-term mentality. Really good people are going through the motions and spending more time on a daily basis polishing resumes and updating Linked In profiles than doing actual work.

Advice to Management

If you are going to buy a construction company with almost $1 billion in Alberta Tar Sands projects on the books do some homework. These revenue NEVER accrue in the quarters to which you post glowing Wall Street Reports. This is a long-term asset that requires patience and people.

Spoiled Children in charge of adults.

I have been working at Pentair full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fare pay and good benefits.

Cons

If you warn them of safety issues, and you get hurt because of them you will lose EVERYTHING. Including your savings, Checking, and even your self respect.

Advice to Management

HR is a place for employees to get help, not disrespect, ridicule, and dishonor.

RSS Feed </> Embed