Pentair

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pentair Chairman and CEO Randall J. Hogan

Randall J. Hogan

Pros
  • Good People to work with and good products ensure you the ability to sell materials (in 10 reviews)

• good pay and better benefits, direct dposit with 24/7 computer access to payroll and benefits as well as employee discounts (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Very corporate which is good if you like this structure you must enjoy very limited work life balance to succeed (in 4 reviews)

• Don't ever expect to spend time with your family, unless you are upper Management (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Do NOT work for this company, I repeat, do not!

Slave (Former Employee) Hanover Park, IL

ProsAbsolutely nothing, Minimum wage to work in the blistering heat and terrible conditions.

ConsWhere do I begin, I have over 4 years of experience in warehouse and manufacturing, particularly, in the Steel industry. I worked here for one night at the Hanover Park, IL location and it has to be the worst job I have ever had. I'm a 24 year old male, I can handle extreme conditions, but this is just ridiculous, considering the pay. For 3rd shift they paid $9.25 an hour, which is by NO means anywhere near what you deserve to be paid working there. I received very positive feedback from management regarding the work I did that night (because I literally ran the entire line my first day there), but I'm advising you not to work there. I could not imagine what 1st shift would be like considering the heat.

The HEAT will destroy you, especially if you're working with the aluminum canister-filters (even hotter). I had a headache and a nauseous feeling a few hours in. I've never experienced feelings like that before and later found out that those were symptoms of HEAT STROKE. I chugged water like crazy mind you, at least 5-8 cups every hour. If you want to kill yourself or are a ex-convict, this is the perfect job for you, but if you're not, run away.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating your employees like slaves, pay them more...

Kansas City facility - Very bad company to work for.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Kansas City, KS

ProsLearn everything on your own.

ConsDirty and old building with broken furniture from the 70s.
    No training, no workable reasonable system in place.
    Don't value employees. Hard working employees are all over worked and got blamed ion everything. Lazy employees doesn't do anything and remain in the company because they can't leave.
    Inconsistence on policy execution towards different people.
    Manager that broke ethic rule doesn't receive any punishment or consequence. All they did was given that person a "talk"
    Unfair working environment and the company will abuse you of you work hard and do a good job.
    No communication between management and lower rank employees.
    No action taken even after employees asked for help multiple times.

Advice to Senior ManagementI don't see hope in this place changing.

Not People friendly

Production Worker (Current Employee) Redwood City, CA

ProsAfter meging from Tyco retained job function.

ConsDon't care for employees or expertise. Hostile enviroment. low class managers. Manage by Intimidation and Threats of closing the plant.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop treating people like objects and treat them with respect.
    Monitoring bathroom visit and removing acces to phones only shows lacks of enforcing unjustified policies. HR should look into fair treatment of employees and stop supporting unnecessary changes to policies that only affect the morale of the workrs that already been treated like slaves.
    Management is alway excemp themselves off any company policy and they should me measured the same way as production workers,

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Chaotic and unrealistic leadership, stressful work environment

Operation (Current Employee) Anoka, MN

ProsStrong channel and used-to-be high market share

ConsStressful, constant change in leadership and direction

Advice to Senior ManagementBe realistic, pick the right business leaders

Management there for just the money.

Buyer (Current Employee)

ProsThere is nothing pro about this company.

ConsThey will work you no matter how tired you are. If you don't meet there goal they will make you keep working until you do. Don't ever expect to spend time with your family, unless you are upper Management. You are working to make money for the company,you will never get compensated for the work you do , You will never see a raise Benefits are horrible.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees like Humans not robots. Treat your employees with respect don't treat them like garbage.

Large Shipping

Large Shipping (Former Employee) Reno, NV

Prosnone that I can think of

ConsLong hours you work six days a week. Make one mistake and your gone. Uses temps for all there work it takes a miracle to get hired on.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect don't fire them on thanksgiving break. Specially with a phone call

Poor Employee Treatment

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsBenefits include a 401k match, tuition reimbursement, and a discount program on many items.
    Opportunities to learn about LEAN, through free online courses.

ConsTheir goal is to pay in the bottom 25th percentile.
    No work-life balance. Your life is to work for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employees. Treat employees as your best asset instead of just saying the words. Pay a good wage for an honest days work.

Engineer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people worked there before Pentair took over and ruined working environment.

ConsWhen Pentair took over, they are making employees interview for there own job. Also, treat people like an object not a person. It's more like working in a concentration camp.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet real! You have a lot of talent which you will loose before you know it! Company is very top heavy.

Spoiled Children in charge of adults.

ProsFare pay and good benefits.

ConsIf you warn them of safety issues, and you get hurt because of them you will lose EVERYTHING. Including your savings, Checking, and even your self respect.

Advice to Senior ManagementHR is a place for employees to get help, not disrespect, ridicule, and dishonor.

Rightsize? Downsize? Restructure? The 'GE Model' is no longer relevant.

Product Manager (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsTyco Thermal Controls was an acquisition of Pentair in October 2012. TTC was an excellent company with literally the best products in the world. Mature and well run business model. Really talented people. Excellent resources.

ConsThe period from 1 October through the 11 February layoff of 82 people worldwide was the most dysfuntional period I had seen in over 33 years of business. If you weren't looking over your shoulder you were wondering what Pentair had planned for the future. Communication was virtually non-existent and management representaives on the Global Leadership Team excelled at obsfuscation and mid-direction.

A true disservice to shareholders, stakeholders and vendors. It will take decades to build loyalty.

Please note that I was among the 82 laid off. Intelectually I can understand it. From a business and PR standbpoint a disaster. It would not have been so bad if they knew what I did and was underperforming. I was 'tagged' in a spreadsheet. A great euphamism for today's short-term mentality.

Really good people are going through the motions and spending more time on a daily basis polishing resumes and updating Linked In profiles than doing actual work.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you are going to buy a construction company with almost $1 billion in Alberta Tar Sands projects on the books do some homework. These revenue NEVER accrue in the quarters to which you post glowing Wall Street Reports. This is a long-term asset that requires patience and people.

Worked for Pentair? Contribute to the Community!