Pentair Reviews

Updated April 22, 2015
141 reviews filtered by

Do NOT work for this company, I repeat, do not!

Former Contractor - Slave in Hanover Park, IL
    Former Contractor - Slave in Hanover Park, IL

I worked at Pentair as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely nothing, Minimum wage to work in the blistering heat and terrible conditions.

Cons

Where do I begin, I have over 4 years of experience in warehouse and manufacturing, particularly, in the Steel industry. I worked here for one night at the Hanover Park, IL location and it has to be the worst job I have ever had. I'm a 24 year old male, I can handle extreme conditions, but this is just ridiculous, considering the pay. For 3rd shift they paid $9.25 an hour, which is by NO means anywhere near what you deserve to be paid working there. I received very positive feedback from management regarding the work I did that night (because I literally ran the entire line my first day there), but I'm advising you not to work there. I could not imagine what 1st shift would be like considering the heat.

The HEAT will destroy you, especially if you're working with the aluminum canister-filters (even hotter). I had a headache and a nauseous feeling a few hours in. I've never experienced feelings like that before and later found out that those were symptoms of HEAT STROKE. I chugged water like crazy mind you, at least 5-8 cups every hour. If you want to kill yourself or are a ex-convict, this is the perfect job for you, but if you're not, run away.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like slaves, pay them more...

2. Kansas City facility - Very bad company to work for.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, KS

I worked at Pentair full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Learn everything on your own.

Cons

Dirty and old building with broken furniture from the 70s.
    No training, no workable reasonable system in place.
    Don't value employees. Hard working employees are all over worked and got blamed ion everything. Lazy employees doesn't do anything and remain in the company because they can't leave.
    Inconsistence on policy execution towards different people.
    Manager that broke ethic rule doesn't receive any punishment or consequence. All they did was given that person a "talk"
    Unfair working environment and the company will abuse you of you work hard and do a good job.
    No communication between management and lower rank employees.
    No action taken even after employees asked for help multiple times.

Advice to Management

I don't see hope in this place changing.

Not People friendly

Current Employee - Production Worker in Redwood City, CA
    Current Employee - Production Worker in Redwood City, CA

I have been working at Pentair full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

After meging from Tyco retained job function.

Cons

Don't care for employees or expertise. Hostile enviroment. low class managers. Manage by Intimidation and Threats of closing the plant.

Advice to Management

Stop treating people like objects and treat them with respect.
    Monitoring bathroom visit and removing acces to phones only shows lacks of enforcing unjustified policies. HR should look into fair treatment of employees and stop supporting unnecessary changes to policies that only affect the morale of the workrs that already been treated like slaves.
    Management is alway excemp themselves off any company policy and they should me measured the same way as production workers,

Chaotic and unrealistic leadership, stressful work environment

Current Employee - Operation in Anoka, MN
    Current Employee - Operation in Anoka, MN

I have been working at Pentair full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Strong channel and used-to-be high market share

Cons

Stressful, constant change in leadership and direction

Advice to Management

Be realistic, pick the right business leaders

Management there for just the money.

Current Employee - Buyer
    Current Employee - Buyer

I have been working at Pentair full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is nothing pro about this company.

Cons

They will work you no matter how tired you are. If you don't meet there goal they will make you keep working until you do. Don't ever expect to spend time with your family, unless you are upper Management. You are working to make money for the company,you will never get compensated for the work you do , You will never see a raise Benefits are horrible.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like Humans not robots. Treat your employees with respect don't treat them like garbage.

Large Shipping

Former Employee - Large Shipping in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Large Shipping in Reno, NV

I worked at Pentair full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

none that I can think of

Cons

Long hours you work six days a week. Make one mistake and your gone. Uses temps for all there work it takes a miracle to get hired on.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect don't fire them on thanksgiving break. Specially with a phone call

Poor Employee Treatment

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Pentair full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits include a 401k match, tuition reimbursement, and a discount program on many items.
    Opportunities to learn about LEAN, through free online courses.

Cons

Their goal is to pay in the bottom 25th percentile.
    No work-life balance. Your life is to work for them.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees. Treat employees as your best asset instead of just saying the words. Pay a good wage for an honest days work.

Engineer

I worked at Pentair

Pros

Great people worked there before Pentair took over and ruined working environment.

Cons

When Pentair took over, they are making employees interview for there own job. Also, treat people like an object not a person. It's more like working in a concentration camp.

Advice to Management

Get real! You have a lot of talent which you will loose before you know it! Company is very top heavy.

10. Spoiled Children in charge of adults.

I have been working at Pentair full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Fare pay and good benefits.

Cons

If you warn them of safety issues, and you get hurt because of them you will lose EVERYTHING. Including your savings, Checking, and even your self respect.

Advice to Management

HR is a place for employees to get help, not disrespect, ridicule, and dishonor.

Rightsize? Downsize? Restructure? The 'GE Model' is no longer relevant.

Current Employee - Product Manager in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pentair full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Tyco Thermal Controls was an acquisition of Pentair in October 2012. TTC was an excellent company with literally the best products in the world. Mature and well run business model. Really talented people. Excellent resources.

Cons

The period from 1 October through the 11 February layoff of 82 people worldwide was the most dysfuntional period I had seen in over 33 years of business. If you weren't looking over your shoulder you were wondering what Pentair had planned for the future. Communication was virtually non-existent and management representaives on the Global Leadership Team excelled at obsfuscation and mid-direction.

A true disservice to shareholders, stakeholders and vendors. It will take decades to build loyalty.

Please note that I was among the 82 laid off. Intelectually I can understand it. From a business and PR standbpoint a disaster. It would not have been so bad if they knew what I did and was underperforming. I was 'tagged' in a spreadsheet. A great euphamism for today's short-term mentality.

Really good people are going through the motions and spending more time on a daily basis polishing resumes and updating Linked In profiles than doing actual work.

Advice to Management

If you are going to buy a construction company with almost $1 billion in Alberta Tar Sands projects on the books do some homework. These revenue NEVER accrue in the quarters to which you post glowing Wall Street Reports. This is a long-term asset that requires patience and people.