Pentalog

www.pentalog.com

Pentalog Reviews

Updated Jun 11, 2014
Pentalog – Romania – “Reunion & Training”

Pentalog – Romania – “Reunion & Training”

Good career opportunities for beginners

IT Project Manager (Current Employee) Chisinau (Moldova)

ProsYou could learn a lot in this company if you are a beginner, there are plenty of people who do the training. The team is friendly, you could find your group of interest. Knowledge sharings are organized by groups of technology : Java, PHP. Close to the park, so you could take a walk at noon.

ConsThe location is not the best (industrial part of the town with no infrastructure). Salary reviews are not done in time (should be once a year, but usually it is less frequent).

Overall a good company with a steady growth, at times lacks connection between upper management and production staff.

Java Programmer (Former Employee) Chisinau (Moldova)

ProsRegular scheduled career assessment meetings, offering a small but steady financial growth.
    Administrative staff is open for clarifying issues and conflicts.
    Flexible timing schedules.

ConsLack of recreational activities and resting spaces, pretty skimpy team-building budgets, unbalanced incentives for upper management versus all the rest.

Advice to Senior ManagementConnect with the employees to better understand their needs and to prevent brain leakages.

Most important for this company to grow and get rich owners buying castles, but have no consideration for employes!

Systems Administrator (Former Employee) Bucharest (Romania)

Pros-medium salary
    - health ensurance
    - cool colegs

Cons-long work houres
    -no respect
    - gain function is by way of flattery management

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees are people, treat them with respect!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good only for short periods of one year maximum if you negotiate a good salary

Systems Administrator (Former Employee) Braşov (Romania)

ProsYou can get lucky to obtain a good project

ConsNo respect towards employees and no respect of contract terms.

Advice to Senior ManagementAll the management needs to be changed, but being a "in family" affair this will never happen.

Good place to learn what to avoid in the future

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you are lucky you can find a good bunch of colleagues which can make your sentence there a bit more bearable. Unfortunately, this is the only Pros I could find.

Cons- The majority of the projects are working on old, out-dated tech.
    - You advance in your carrier only if your boss "likes you", if you know what I mean.
    - Bonuses are given on a completely subjective scheme and how much the boss likes you, not on your merits, so don't fool yourselves believing otherwise.
    - They say they are all transparent but if you request a piece of information you are sent from door to door until you either give up or leave. The later is what most people there do when the sentence comes to term.
    - Oh, and the best one. Talk to the "management" about a problem you have and the answer will most certainly be 'life is unfair, it's your problem'.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and what they have to say, you might learn something.

engaging and rewarding experience

Java Programmer (Current Employee) Braşov (Romania)

Prosthe team, scrum environment, lower management, location

Conssalary, client, upper management, bonuses

Ok for a first job.

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Bucharest (Romania)

ProsLots of spare time when the pressure is off, great relaxation during breaks in the garden. Majority of the teammates okay.

ConsWhen the pressure is high, you have to really strain yourself. Medium management skills in the managerial team. General disapproval for company policies.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet up to speed with the industry developments and trends. Pay more attention to employee advice.

Some interesting projects, possibility to develop

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf you find yourself in a good project there is a lot of things to learn. The management structure is not very big so you can always be heard and progress fast (of course if this is what you want :) . Generally you need to work and be very interested in your job if you want to progress. This can be seen as plus for very ambitious persons and a minus for people who are very strict on a 9-6 job.

ConsSometimes the concept of a good employ that works 8 hours a day is not existing ... you kind of need to always prove yourself if not you will sink.
    There is big difference between different projects, some co-workers had great experiences, some were suffering, this is why I guess you will always find mixed reviews

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

A company where you can learn a lot and build yourself a long-term career.

Manager (Current Employee) Braşov (Romania)

ProsPentalog is a people oriented company, with interesting and big projects, transparency, knowledge sharing and training programs. I wanted a career and in Pentalog I had the chance to get recognized the involvement and skills.

ConsToo much patience with people who do not deserve their place in this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo be more selective in recruiting and to avoid second and third chance. Those who get involved and care about this company, we want to maintain a professional and competent team.

Pentalog is a very good place to start your career.

Software Developer (Former Employee) Iaşi (Romania)

Pros- At Pentalog large projects are being developed and that's a great opportunity to evolve and learn a lot of technologies.
    - There are internship programs that are extremely useful for students and graduates.
    - There are trainings being done on a wide array of technologies.

Cons- The selection process is not so well done sometimes and employees that are a little lazy get hired.

Advice to Senior Management- Make the interview process a little more selective

Worked for Pentalog? Contribute to the Community!