People Incorporated

Updated November 21, 2014
3.8

Jill Wiedermann-West

Fun, Challenging, and Rewarding

I have been working at People Incorporated full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great trainings, lots of variety, interesting staff and clients, The agency, from the top down, really cares about the mission. This is the best place I have worked and have no intentions of leaving. The agency and staff truly understand mental health and work as a team toward the best possible outcome for the greatest number of people. They spend their limited resources wisely as to save the funders tax payers money without limiting the services to clients.

Cons

The clients can have a lot of barriers and times and it is not always easy to navigate the county and State systems but the agency support is great through it all.

Keep up the good work.

Pretty Good

Current Employee - Mental Health Practitioner
    Current Employee - Mental Health Practitioner

I have been working at People Incorporated part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Competitive pay, quality staff mostly, and a good mission. Probably one of the better mental health agencies around the Twin Cities area.

Cons

Not a lot of room for advancement. Lots of turn over lately with a new CEO. Not very transparent. Not union.

Listen to your employees, don't blow them off when they are bringing up issues that are important to them. Sometimes we feel like we are your clients, we aren't. Work with us more.

Great clients, poor benefits package

Current Employee - LADC in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - LADC in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at People Incorporated full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The client population is wonderful and staff are very supportive of one another.

Cons

Paid time off package that is offered is poor.

Lots of training

Current Employee - MHP in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - MHP in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at People Incorporated part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Person centered management, lots of training

Cons

High turnover. Lack of incentives.

Promote more from within.

Oct 29, 2014Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the input. We take these comments seriously and will include this information in our employee survey data.

Great

Current Employee - Mental Health Practitioner II in Coon Rapids, MN
    Current Employee - Mental Health Practitioner II in Coon Rapids, MN

I have been working at People Incorporated part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

No cons for this company

Oct 29, 2014Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the comment!

Clients First. Treat people with respect, dignity and compassion.

I have been working at People Incorporated full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I love that we are a growing company and we keep expanding to serve more people who are considered hard to serve. Working in mental health services means working with stigmas and we work hard to ensure that our approach is person-centered and reduces harm.

My manager makes genuine and concentrated efforts to help me be more effective in my job and supports my career growth. Our company is big enough that if I want to do something else I have lots of choices!

Cons

We have a lot of programs but we are a big company. We need to do better at connecting people across programs.

Continue to solicit positive input and constructive criticism from employees!

Oct 29, 2014Talent Acquisition

Thank you for the detail!

A company that genuinely believes in helping people with mental illness. The company from the top down model the vision.

Current Employee - Mental Health Practitioner III in Coon Rapids, MN
    Current Employee - Mental Health Practitioner III in Coon Rapids, MN

I have been working at People Incorporated part-time (less than an year)

Pros

I enjoy working with people in crisis. I am working toward my licensed and full-time employees receive free supervision.

Cons

Possibly the waiting for a day or evening shift to become available, along with full-time work. I current work Saturday and Sunday (3rd shift from 12am-8:30am) and also fill in for coworkers. The company provides endless seminars and education in which you are paid, imagine that. Excellent instructor and guest speakers.

Oct 29, 2014Talent Acquisition

Please hang with us until you land your ideal shift! We appreciate your input and will include it in our employee survey data.

People Incorporated values high quality service to individuals with mental health challenges.

I have been working at People Incorporated full-time (more than an year)

Pros

If you are driven to help people with mental health issues, this is the company you want to work for.
    -Guided by mission, not profits.
    -Huge diversity of services- lots of options to grow a career.
    -Surrounded by committed and talented co-workers.
    -Training department is excellent.
    -Benefits and compensation extremely competitive- especially for folks starting their career.

Cons

Well, it's a non-profit and relies on state and county contracts for most of it's revenue. As a large organization we're able to get the ear of decision makers, but if the state decides to cut funding in a certain area this could negatively impact a specific program.

Keep reaching out to direct staff to solicit input and make us feel valued!

The staff was very immature,culturally ignorant and was set on staying that way.

I worked at People Incorporated

Pros

Pretty good starting hourly pay. Being able to affect change as an individual was the most beneficial thing about the work.

Cons

With restructuring it was basically a complete staff turnover. There have been several lawsuits,I can name at least 3 regarding discriminatory practices even based upon health status.

Don't manage as a friend. Do not become Facebook friends with those below you.

Sep 17, 2014Talent Acquisition

People Incorporated regrets that your experience working for us was difficult. We wish you the best of luck in your next position. Should you like to learn more about lawsuits involving People ... More

AWFUL MANAGEMENT, GREAT CLIENTS

Former Employee - Mental Health Practitioner
    Former Employee - Mental Health Practitioner

I worked at People Incorporated full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The clients were amazing to work with, they will teach you more than any textbook.

Cons

EVERYTHING BUT THE CLIENTS. Management is jaded and crooked. They hire anyone to be a program manager. High work load, little respect to self care. No raises, ever. Poor communication. Sneaky transitions and changes at a rapid pace. No respect for long term employees. Take, take, take attitude. Bad reputation in the Twin Cities. Awful HR, not for the staff but for the management. High turnover, unhappy staff.

Try appreciating your staff like we appreciate our clients. If you are hiring a program manager for a mental health program, make sure that they have mental health experience not just a fresh degree. Most of the time the staff at the programs have a degree as well and EXPERIENCE. HR should be made to feel safe for staff to come to with issues not fear reprimand....if the CEO only knew half the stuff that goes on...

ALSO...STOP TRANSITIONING STUFF...IF IT ISN'T BROKE, DON'T FIX IT!

People Incorporated Photos