People to People Ambassador Programs

People to People Ambassador Programs CEO Jeff Thomas

Jeff Thomas

Well known brand

Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at People to People Ambassador Programs full-time for more than 3 years

ProsExcellent brand recognition, good range of programs, committed and dedicated staff, smart people

ConsOffice space could be configured better for more collaboration and team building.

Former Manager

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at People to People Ambassador Programs full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFlexible hours with the ability to work from home, good health benefits and great work out facility on site for employees

ConsTop heavy senior management, no consistent direction for organization - always scrambling to get enrollments up - with a "throw it on the wall and see if it sticks" mentality yet their core marketing is antiquated and never truly changes for the better, org has layoffs every 6 months and but then immediately starts hiring NEW employees after lay off, low pay for most employees who are not upper management, Senior management is not forward thinking with marketing strategies, not willing to take an honest look at their ridiculously high employee turn over rate, overpriced student programs that do not offer anything out of the ordinary

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of so much top heavy management - 11 + VP's for an organization of 200 employees - really?

They will over work, under pay and then hang you out to dry

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at People to People Ambassador Programs full-time

ProsThe mission is unbelievable!
Building is amazing!
They have some of the hardest working, talented and nicest people I have ever had the pleasure of working with.

ConsIt is all a mirage. The company is failing, the building has been for sale for over a year and a half, and there always seems to be a fire. Marketing practices are shady, the turn and burn mentality leaves the company losing tribal knowledge. They are always realigning departments, making changes without giving anything a chance to work and when they are stressed for sales or retention, they throw a million different promotions or ideas together and do a poor job of communicating to their front lines and don't understand how to operationalize them based off of system functionality. The departments are very segmented and don't work together very well. Reps will often learn about new things from customers calling in rather than from someone in the same building. If you work hard, they will take advantage and then turn on you when their numbers are down. They believe new people are made of gold and ignore the people who have any kind of longevity. 90% of upper management have been there 2 years or less and if an employee has been there for more than 5 years it is rare and they are generally on their way out. Due to the cycle of change and new employees they tend to do the same things over and over again without knowing they have even been done before. Pay stinks and those who are there are over worked. Everyone who leaves feel taken advantage and bitter in the end because they worked hard, truly believed in the mission and loved the people. If you are a genuine person they chew you up and spit you out.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to the people who work hard and stay because they love the company rather than thinking new is better. Look at bad customer experience processes and how to fix those rather than placing blame and work together. Have someone who understands the details help with new promotions and how to make them work. Choose a couple things to do rather than a whole bunch of random things so you know what worked and what didn't so it can be recreated. Value the people who work hard for you because they don't get paid very well and they do it because they are passionate. Try not to be so clicky. A meeting about employment engagement survey results should not be about how 100% of Senior Leadership team members believe that things will change for the better and management is the least convinced where you then have the whole SLT team tell about themselves, joke and kid about inside jokes and expect the manager level to leave with more convictions in things changing for the better. Remember middle management is squeezed between the idea, how to do them and how to support their team.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Once steady now a roller coaster ride

I have been working at People to People Ambassador Programs full-time

ProsExcellent benefits, employees are great, flexible hours, work from home

ConsHeavy management, not enough workers, seems like every 6 months there is a lay off, they talk transparency but they are not transparent only if it is something that will hit the papers.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to figure out why employees are leaving the organization and they need to figure out why it costs more to outsource than it does to leave the work in the organization

Great Summer Job!

Delegate Relations Coordinator (Former Employee)

I worked at People to People Ambassador Programs part-time for less than a year

ProsCoworkers are very friendly and helpful. Very patient and would answer any and all of my questions while learning the ropes!

ConsEarly shift hours. Some calls could be difficult. No other cons, it was a very flexible and enjoyable summer job!

Forward Thinking but you'll be run down to a nub

Marketing Manager (Former Employee)
Spokane, WA

I worked at People to People Ambassador Programs as a contractor for less than a year

ProsStays on the cutting edge of social media, technology, trends

ConsMost workers are contract employees (this way they don't have to pay you benefits) -- they overwork and pile on projects ontop of people such that your head will be spinning! Some people are so frazzled and stressed out - it's not a healthy place to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire more people so the work can get done. Don't put some much pressure on your employees. It's very uncomfortable and unhealthy. But please keep stay on the cutting edge of technology

A big opportunity company in a middle-size town.

I have been working at People to People Ambassador Programs full-time

Pros- Great benefits
- Tries to hire within
- Opportunity to further career
- Amazing Facility
-Opportunity to work remote
-Understanding regarding family disruptions
- An organization that believes in its mission and customers
- Overall great customer satisfaction rating
- Strong Background

Cons- Does not compensate as well as it should
- Has a large company feel when it comes to transparency and communication within departments

The only thing constant is change.

I have been working at People to People Ambassador Programs full-time

ProsVery good friends made at ptp. The people are what make coming to work worth it.

Flexibility with your schedule.

ConsUnless you have the perfect position, no travel.... Ever. You never know if the business will be running in 6 months, but somehow always manages to move along.

The work environment can be intense, particularly during the summer. Everything great if you have a good boss.

Desktop Support Technician (Former Employee)
Spokane, WA

Pros- Employee passion to job
- Sense of doing something worthwhile in the world.

ConsDifficult environment if you are not a work-a-holic.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize when you are turning & burning your employees and taking advantage of others and try to ensure everyone has a proper work/life balance.

Fun, Supportive Work Environment with Room to Grow.

Marketing (Current Employee)
Spokane, WA

I have been working at People to People Ambassador Programs full-time for less than a year

ProsWorking at People to People has been a truly great experience. A bigger company with many departments and hundreds of employees, the company still manages to excel at communicating across all departments and keeping employees in the loop. My fellow co-workers in Marketing are some of the brightest and most creative talent I've worked with; there is a definitive culture here that is of respect, fun and being a team player. Not to mention the nature of the work is inherently fun - we provide students the opportunity to see the world.

Management is also communicative and more importantly available - if I have a question or idea there is always someone to talk with or brainstorm. As the company continues to grow they are also more receptive and flexible with remote employees, which is great and opens up opportunities. People to People also encourages growth within the workplace - whether that is attending a workshop to gain that cutting edge or working your way up within a department.

There are support systems set in place that offers employees many benefits to not only excel at our job, but to be a part of a company that cares about its employees and customers alike. It's this kind of engaging, supportive and proactive work culture that really sets a precedent of doing the best at your job - and one I truly appreciate an an employee.

Last but not least the office is extremely worker-friendly with a gym, kitchen, locker rooms, yoga, and even zumba classes onsite. People to People cares about our work / life balance and goes above and beyond to make the office as comfortable and functional as possible.

ConsOne downside is that due to our campaign cycle some months are much busier than others - employees just need to manage workload more closely during the busy season.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the cross-departmental communication. It really helps to know how the company is doing, how certain departments are doing - and how we can all rally as a team.

Worked for People to People Ambassador Programs? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at People to People Ambassador Programs reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for People to People Ambassador Programs CEO Jeff Thomas. All 25 reviews posted anonymously by People to People Ambassador Programs employees.