People to People Ambassador Programs

2.4
Philip Livingston

1. What it is like to work at Ambassadors

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I worked at People to People Ambassador Programs full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great talent! Great product and mission! Best people to hire as they have learned and gone through all!

Cons

Long history of mismanagement led to a critical turn of events resulting in company's assets liquidated, mass lay offs, and horrible CEO with a lack of empathy and a number of other humane traits, terrible employee treatment.

Advice to Management

Save what's left of it!

2. Great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Pros

Positive environment, a lot of work but worth it in the end when programs come together

Cons

A lot of work, based mainly at one point in the year

3. It was good while it lasted...

I have been working at People to People Ambassador Programs full-time

Pros

Mission was strong Leaders and Delegates amazing Associates passionate and second-to-none.

Cons

Going out of business - opportunities gone.

Kick the dust of P2P off your feet, all ye who labor there

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I worked at People to People Ambassador Programs full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Not many left at this point. Used to have a nice building, but that was sold. Used to have decent benefits, but those were chipped away in the last year or so until little was left. Very sad.

Cons

No job security. It doesn't matter how well you do your job; you are expendable. Don't tell yourself different. Management that has survived all the layoffs since April 2014 have largely done so because they are mean, callous yes-people. They bow and scrape to the upper management (although there is at least 1 VP left who is a quality person - don't mean to tar the whole canvas). People who would apply to work there: don't do it. You have no future there. I no longer believe there is any hope for this company.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending. Since the obvious goal is to sell or bankrupt the company, just do it. Stop torturing the scared little people still there who want to believe this company has a future. Put everyone out of their misery. And YES, I was let go in the big layoff in April of this year (2015). So feel free to dismiss my comments as those of a bitter longtimer who gave more than a decade to this place only to be let go the most minimal severance package imaginable and with NO PAYOUT FOR ACCUMULATED PTO. I'm certainly not pleased with that, but I am grateful to be out of that pit of despair that you call a business. And if you are honest with yourself and with everyone else, soon enough, everyone else will be also.

6. Going Downhill Fast

Former Employee - Temp In Call Center
    Former Employee - Temp In Call Center

I worked at People to People Ambassador Programs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- casual attire at work, very nice to be able to wear jeans everyday - coworkers are friendly - pay is decent

Cons

- management gives many false promises - management will start rumors to see who will "talk" - some managers know less than employees - employees are often categorized by small details to who is better than others - rating system on performance is impossible, very hard to meet a high standard - employees are often told what they do wrong, and never told positive things - I was personally reprimanded for often being ten minutes early to work, and then for being 5 minutes late on one occasion - Biggest Issue: on many occasions clients or families would ask for my help, and I would pass on their concerns to the right people. These "right people" would never check email/voice mails and would not help the families. These families then call back angry, and those in the call center are bombarded with yelling and angry parents. Then if the calls are not handled correctly by a impossible standard to meet, the employee is reprimanded.

Advice to Management

Really evaluate circumstances. Employees should come first before management friendships.

Captain is sinking the ship!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I worked at People to People Ambassador Programs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great niche products that seek to help kids gain global cultural perspective and awareness Fun and collaborative employees Casual attire Decent pay and benefits (at least for me) Not sure about others.

Cons

- Ridiculous CEO who is very shady, non-collaborative, non-transparent, and who is taking the company down the drain. - Company is significantly downsizing and employees are either getting laid off or jumping ship. Stability is not there. It is par for the course for you to come in one morning and find out that you are being booted with an email from HR saying you need to meet with them that afternoon. -Recently moved out of a very good building with a great location and traded it for leasing a rundown downtown disaster space. - Upper management doesn't care about employees or the effect of their decisions on their livelihoods- heard the CEO joking with another senior manager in the middle of the employee work space the next day after announcing 60+ employee layoffs that the manager's newly added responsibilities from the "reorg" would look good on his resume. If I heard it I'm sure everyone else who just got the boot notice in cubes around me did too! - Pathetic severance was payoff for non-disclosure agreement and was not based on longevity with the company. - Compensation package was said to include a significant yearly bonus that was never realized.

Advice to Management

Get rid of Phil and return to good ethical practices and actually trying to make the business work - that is unless you are just trying to cash out the company for golden parachutes to executives and stock holders - in that case keep right on track with what you're doing. You're on track to have your parachutes ready by the end of 2015.

If You Can Keep Up and Meet the High Expectations, It's a Good Company at Which to Grow Professionally

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I have been working at People to People Ambassador Programs full-time

Pros

People to People is a place where you need to be efficient, innovative, and solution-focused. There are high expectations, but it can be an enjoyable (even if it is somewhat stressful) place to learn and grow professionally. Even though there have been a lot of company and leadership changes recently, it finally feels as if we're moving in a consistent direction. You can't argue with the quality of product People to People offers. It's exceptional and life-changing for thousands of students.

Cons

-Doesn't always feel like actions/changes within the company are well-thought out -High-stress environment that isn't always compensated with fair pay

Advice to Management

It finally feels as if we're transitioning our programs into relevant and interesting educational experiences, let's keep moving in that direction! Keep everyone involved and informed in this time of transition; it's nice to be in the know when things are changing so rapidly. Please make an effort to inspire, motivate, and fairly compensate employees who are still with the company and will be doing a lot of the heavy lifting after the recent restructuring/reduction of workforce.

9. Sales

Pros

paid well, training program is good

Cons

Does not value their employees. Extremely stressful due to multiple layoffs and downsizing. company is down to 75 or less. I don't expect the company to last beyond a year or so.

10. This company has a powerful mission and an easy to like product, however the work environment is challenging.

I have been working at People to People Ambassador Programs full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The mission, life changing programs for students, and the incredible people that work there.

Cons

Challenging environment, transparency from leadership, not suited for someone that doesn't like face-paced work or change.

Advice to Management

Share your vision and strategic goals. Respect the employees driving the business. Facilitate open communication and trust.

11. Company in the middle of transition that has lost its way

Former Employee - Support Specialist in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Support Specialist in Spokane, WA

Pros

The people are some of the best I have worked with in my 35 year history of employment

Cons

The management is short sighted and has lost sight of its purpose and its greatest resources

Advice to Management

Quit trying to boost the stock price and start listening to the people that can make a difference - they have fantastic insight if you would only listen

RSS Feed </> Embed