People to People Ambassador Programs

Employment Status

Reset
2.3
Philip Livingston

If You Can Keep Up and Meet the High Expectations, It's a Good Company at Which to Grow Professionally

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I have been working at People to People Ambassador Programs full-time

Pros

People to People is a place where you need to be efficient, innovative, and solution-focused. There are high expectations, but it can be an enjoyable (even if it is somewhat stressful) place to learn and grow professionally.

Even though there have been a lot of company and leadership changes recently, it finally feels as if we're moving in a consistent direction.

You can't argue with the quality of product People to People offers. It's exceptional and life-changing for thousands of students.

Cons

-Doesn't always feel like actions/changes within the company are well-thought out
    -High-stress environment that isn't always compensated with fair pay

Advice to Management

It finally feels as if we're transitioning our programs into relevant and interesting educational experiences, let's keep moving in that direction! Keep everyone involved and informed in this time of transition; it's nice to be in the know when things are changing so rapidly.

Please make an effort to inspire, motivate, and fairly compensate employees who are still with the company and will be doing a lot of the heavy lifting after the recent restructuring/reduction of workforce.

2. Going Downhill Fast

Former Employee - Temp In Call Center
    Former Employee - Temp In Call Center

I worked at People to People Ambassador Programs full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- casual attire at work, very nice to be able to wear jeans everyday
    - coworkers are friendly
    - pay is decent

Cons

- management gives many false promises
    - management will start rumors to see who will "talk"
    - some managers know less than employees
    - employees are often categorized by small details to who is better than others
    - rating system on performance is impossible, very hard to meet a high standard
    - employees are often told what they do wrong, and never told positive things
    - I was personally reprimanded for often being ten minutes early to work, and then for being 5 minutes late on one occasion
    - Biggest Issue: on many occasions clients or families would ask for my help, and I would pass on their concerns to the right people. These "right people" would never check email/voice mails and would not help the families. These families then call back angry, and those in the call center are bombarded with yelling and angry parents. Then if the calls are not handled correctly by a impossible standard to meet, the employee is reprimanded.

Advice to Management

Really evaluate circumstances. Employees should come first before management friendships.

Captain is sinking the ship!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

I worked at People to People Ambassador Programs full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great niche products that seek to help kids gain global cultural perspective and awareness
    Fun and collaborative employees
    Casual attire
    Decent pay and benefits (at least for me) Not sure about others.

Cons

- Ridiculous CEO who is very shady, non-collaborative, non-transparent, and who is taking the company down the drain.
    - Company is significantly downsizing and employees are either getting laid off or jumping ship. Stability is not there. It is par for the course for you to come in one morning and find out that you are being booted with an email from HR saying you need to meet with them that afternoon.
    -Recently moved out of a very good building with a great location and traded it for leasing a rundown downtown disaster space.
    - Upper management doesn't care about employees or the effect of their decisions on their livelihoods- heard the CEO joking with another senior manager in the middle of the employee work space the next day after announcing 60+ employee layoffs that the manager's newly added responsibilities from the "reorg" would look good on his resume. If I heard it I'm sure everyone else who just got the boot notice in cubes around me did too!
    - Pathetic severance was payoff for non-disclosure agreement and was not based on longevity with the company.
    - Compensation package was said to include a significant yearly bonus that was never realized.

Advice to Management

Get rid of Phil and return to good ethical practices and actually trying to make the business work - that is unless you are just trying to cash out the company for golden parachutes to executives and stock holders - in that case keep right on track with what you're doing. You're on track to have your parachutes ready by the end of 2015.

5. 06 08 2015

I worked at People to People Ambassador Programs

Pros

Great Mission, impacts lives

Cons

Appears to be headed downhill

Advice to Management

Get a CEO that cares about business and people

6. Sales

I worked at People to People Ambassador Programs

Pros

paid well, training program is good

Cons

Does not value their employees. Extremely stressful due to multiple layoffs and downsizing. company is down to 75 or less. I don't expect the company to last beyond a year or so.

7. This company has a powerful mission and an easy to like product, however the work environment is challenging.

I have been working at People to People Ambassador Programs full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The mission, life changing programs for students, and the incredible people that work there.

Cons

Challenging environment, transparency from leadership, not suited for someone that doesn't like face-paced work or change.

Advice to Management

Share your vision and strategic goals. Respect the employees driving the business. Facilitate open communication and trust.

8. Company in the middle of transition that has lost its way

Former Employee - Support Specialist in Spokane, WA
    Former Employee - Support Specialist in Spokane, WA

I worked at People to People Ambassador Programs

Pros

The people are some of the best I have worked with in my 35 year history of employment

Cons

The management is short sighted and has lost sight of its purpose and its greatest resources

Advice to Management

Quit trying to boost the stock price and start listening to the people that can make a difference - they have fantastic insight if you would only listen

9. Great people. Absolutely some of the best I have ever had the opportunity to work with.

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Spokane, WA

I have been working at People to People Ambassador Programs full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People. Benefits are good but changing due to downsizing. Personal growth was incredible.

Cons

Too many changes at the top in leadership led to too many changes in strategy. This has brought a a halt and subsequent decline to sales. The changes have incurred in marketing too which has slowed momentum severely.

Advice to Management

Seems like the changes now are for the good. I would caution on some of the strategy as the numbers are not adding up.

10. Experience at People to People Ambassador Programs

I worked at People to People Ambassador Programs

Pros

Co-workers are great people to work with

Cons

Upper management do not contribute, and do not try to promote within. If you get a management position, your job is never secure.

11. Not a Good Place to Work if you are seeking growth, integrity, and a long term career.

I have been working at People to People Ambassador Programs

Pros

Mission is solid, however, cost cutting has resulting in unfavorable cuts to turn a profit

Cons

Management that started to come onboard after 2011 had a negative impact. Previous Sr Directors and Executives who could move the company in the right direction all left the company and created a mass exit of key individuals. Previous CFO, Tony, brought in people who couldn't advance the areas or the company. Tony hired "yes" people as he was afraid to hear the truth. CIO that was hired at the end of 2011 absolutely ruin the company and the IT team. Of course, this was after the CFO extended an offer to his close friend, Red Lion CIO, which he turned down. After the new CIO joined, all senior managers left technology and HR didn't once bat an eye. Losing quality people, with knowledge, integrity and the influence to positively impact on technology the company is beyond belief..

No doubt this is going private!

Advice to Management

The company should look at the leaders who were there prior to 2011 and bring those back, if they would return! Hopefully the new CEO can turn it around.

RSS Feed </> Embed