PeoplePerHour Reviews

Updated May 27, 2014
Updated May 27, 2014

2.0

Xenios Thrasyvoulou

Have had nothing but good experience in my time with PPH. Would recommend to anyone!

Former Employee - Customer Support  in  Athens (Greece)
    Former Employee - Customer Support in Athens (Greece)

I worked at PeoplePerHour full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work environment is great. the people that work for the company are all great and there is a young tech style environment that gives alot to anyone who works there. Its a typical start-up environment where you as an employee also have a say in how the company grows. The pays are very competitive for this country and the market in general. Offices are in a great location too.

Cons

You sometimes have to work during local holidays because they do not coincide with British Bank Holidays. But this was explained before we started and we did get bank holidays off. So no cons really.

Keep up the good work and always listen to employees as you have. It makes all the difference to grow the company.

Just stand up, open the door and leave. The usual way.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Athens (Greece)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Athens (Greece)

I worked at PeoplePerHour full-time for more than a year

Pros

Salary was a little bit above the average tech business/programming salary in Greece.
    Some great people were there nevertheless.
    The head of the programming team was an excellent man - I really miss him.

Cons

Exhausting working hours.
    The CEO was a little arrogant. Maybe not a little, but too much.
    Cliques existed and dramas were often.
    The fact that once in a while somebody was either fired or simply left the building for good, was demoralizing at least.
    The way people left on their own was a point not taken by the management.
    The way people left on their own was an indication of the stress people had and/or received.
    I felt sorry for the customers sometimes. We were really acting rude against them (not always).
    Too dirty toilets.
    Too small desks.
    Some people had to use trial versions of the required software to do their job.
    Did I say toooooo dirty toilets? My god the towel was filthy.

Appreciate your employees, people. They are your asset.

Clean the room/toilets more often.
    Buy new desks.
    And last but not least keep the noise levels down.

PS. I really feel that the main way of advertising the company through fake blog posts, has hit glassdoor this time. It is pathetic! Utterly pathetic.

Poor management, with insane employee turnover. A sinking ship.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at PeoplePerHour full-time for more than a year

Pros

The product was real and sales did exist despite being far lower than quoted.
    The "adults" (senior management...CTO, COO,CFO,CMO were great as were most of the team while they were present. Most left within a few months of them joining.

Cons

In a nutshell, the problem is the CEO. An old school, arrogant, angry man with a serious chip on his shoulder. Loves to inaccurately throw around buzzwords and make ridiculous requests, all while routinely threatening employees with being fired or worse. Needs to be replaced ASAP.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Only company where staff walking out was the norm

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at PeoplePerHour full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good product and good people, though as with any firm you will find good people.

If you get on with the bosses then there are opportunities and will be acknowledged. There are tangible improvements on the site, it is something that is growing.

Cons

They got a start up off the ground, but the management of that is not the same as a bigger firm.
    Irony is that the business is about outsourcing and buying skills but refused to buy professional managers.

If you go on holiday you WILL get a phone call at some point for something trivial to do with work. If you haven't been asked to cancel it.

During my time 1/3 of staff left, half of those simply by walking out. High turnover.

Exhausting working hours

Former Employee - Web Developer  in  Athens (Greece)
    Former Employee - Web Developer in Athens (Greece)

I worked at PeoplePerHour full-time for more than a year

Pros

What I liked most in peopleperhour is that it serves a higher purpose, trying its best to provide tools to people to earn money by using their talents. As an employee there, I had the chance to work in a very good engineering team with good communication and cooperation.

Cons

Many working hours, even weekends, with no perks in result burning the team and making employees quitting their job. Using agile terminology as an excuse to change company's plans and goals very often and applying pressure to their employees. The whole management team where inexperience, unable to run an international project and make it grow. Unable to define company's course. Poor organization and lack of creativity.

Reduce the working hours and give a chance to your employees to get a breath. Stop the excuses and promises that you can't keep, and hire people who can manage company's resources efficiently.

No appreciation for employees

Former Employee - Senior Web Developer  in  Athens (Greece)
    Former Employee - Senior Web Developer in Athens (Greece)

I worked at PeoplePerHour full-time for more than a year

Pros

PPH had a lot of good people working there when i was an employee. There was good cooperation between us, even if the management was very bad.

Cons

The management didn't appreciate the employees. Minimum working hours per day 9.5 + some weekends with no extra compensation. They were easily firing people, especially those who weren't legally entitled of compensation. Constant pressure. Bad organization. Company plan and goals changing every now and then. Non-reliable.

Worked for PeoplePerHour? Contribute to the Community!