PeopleScout

Updated December 10, 2014
Updated December 10, 2014
2.9

Taryn Owen

Pros
  • The flexible scheduling is the best part of the job (in 11 reviews)

• Sometimes you can work from home if you're on the right team (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • No room for advancement and the raise is not given every year like promised (in 6 reviews)

• Call center associates can be a bit unprofessional (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

High Turnover

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PeopleScout full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Friendly work environment, co-workers are nice, good stepping-stone job for young professionals. The culture is pretty laid-back and fun. This job helps to teach the basics of recruiting to people with little to no experience.

Cons

Low pay, low bonuses, no room for advancement. The turnover rate is really high because the company is very poorly managed and it is clear they do not value their employees. Management has made zero efforts to replace the numerous employees that have quit over the past few months.This means heavier workload and higher expectations. Be ready to receive the indirect message that you are disposable and they don't really care about maintaining employees that have worked harder because of others quitting.

Please provide more relief to your staff by replacing employees that have resigned faster. Also, job title promotions should come with pay raises. It seems management needs a better work-life balance overall, getting promoted does not even seem appealing at this company because from what I can see management works 24/7.

Opportunities to learn, network and make a difference!

I have been working at PeopleScout full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

PeopleScout has such a diverse workforce, it is easy to find amazing mentors who build others up and prepare them for long term success. Whether virtual or in the Chicago office, the focus on people is clear. Finding talent is what these teams do every day. They invest in the development of eager staff, find the best candidates for each of our clients, and value the contribution of each team member. If you have a passion for what you do, this is a GREAT place to be!

Cons

Operating as an extension of our client can make it challenging to stay unified as a company. Communication between teams is improving. Definitely takes hard work and commitment, but great return on the investment.

Educational

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Coordinator in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PeopleScout part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Entry level experience into recruiting. Prime location. Great co-workers. Learn the basics plus more

Cons

If you do not like change or change often, its not ideal. Income may be a challenge as well depending on your situation

Offer employees more appreciation. Offer more events or contests. Offer more income or raises more than annually

Great Company if you don't need benefits!

Current Employee - Virtural Recruiter in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Virtural Recruiter in Dallas, TX

I have been working at PeopleScout full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people...........great accounts to work on. Pay very good. Over all very positive.

Cons

Terrible benefits for some employee groups. They have something called mid-medical which is worthless. If you need benefits, this might not be the right company for you.

Offer better benefits to keep up with your competition. I happen to know the other major RPO firms offer much better benefits.

Terrible, deceiving company

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PeopleScout

Pros

flexible schedule, if you're lucky.

Cons

The pay is terrible. They lie to you and tell you there's chances to move up...LIES. Upper management will throw you under the bus and communication is not in their portfolio. The environment is very high school.

Pay your employees what they're worth. Some ppl have been at your company for 10+ years and are only making $12/hr.
    Starting at employee with a college degree off at $9.50 is terrible.

This job got me into the industry. I started at the very bottom in the Call Center and I've been able to advance.

I have been working at PeopleScout full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best reason to work here is the flexible schedules. They service many different clients so there is an opportunity to learn about different industries and how to recruit for many different roles. Great opportunity to grow in the Staffing industry. I was able to succeed with no previous experience. In some instances you may also work from home. The offices are also very very nice.

Cons

Some of the challenges are the culture of nepotism. It was very obvious that those that were in the favor of a small group held the best opportunities to advance. Once you have passed this level of employment and moved into different realms this problem is not as relevant. The benefits package is not inclusive & there was not a salary. I also felt as if I was being grossly underpaid.

I'm sorry but I do not have any valuable advice for management at this time. I do commend the managers that saw potential in me an took action to advance my positions and career!

Bed bugs, mildew and under-staffing OH MY!

Current Employee - Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PeopleScout full-time

Pros

RPO industry is growing.

Cons

PeopleScout is very proud of it's office space -- but the thing is, it's not that nice. There is a nice skylight area, but most employees are not seated anywhere near natural light. There's a tiny lunchroom, no-place to congregate or have a private conversation, and worst of all the building is crawling with bedbugs.

The benefits are not very good.

Clean up your act.

Very Poor

I have been working at PeopleScout full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Sometimes you can work from home if you're on the right team

Cons

Disgusting building, they're constantly spraying for bedbugs and cockroaches. Also everything is a "team" effort. If you do well, it's the team that does well, but if someone screws up, everyone is penalized for it. No work/life balance and if you ask for that, you are looked down upon. Desks are very small and crammed together and it's dark and mugging in the building. Pay is horrible. Everyone is overworked and never compensated for it. Barely any way to move up in the company, even if you're told there are many opportunities, I've rarely seen anyone get promoted.

Good Place to work while in school

Current Employee - Junior Recruiter in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Junior Recruiter in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PeopleScout part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible scheduling
    Pay is good
    Great for getting experience recruiting

Cons

Very minimal room for growth
    Hours depend on demand
    If you work 6 or more hours you have to take an unpaid break (length depends on hours worked) which cuts down your take home pay

Be more visible to employees

PeopleScout is an awesome place to work. The staff is knowledgeable and very friendly. Everyone is a teamplayer.

Current Employee - Lead Generation Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Lead Generation Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at PeopleScout full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good compensation, and great team support. They are so motivating

Cons

The onboarding process was a little slow. I like the start date to be concrete, as most people budget around pay periods.

Perhaps review the vendors used to complete background checks.

PeopleScout Photos