Peoplefirst Rehab

Peoplefirst Rehab Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Patricia Henry

Great Company to work for.

Speech-Language Pathologist (Former Employee) Lincoln Park, MI

ProsVery professional coworkers who are very supportive.

Consnone at this time to share.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Strange Large/Small Business Hybrid

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsKindred healthcare (PeopleFirst is a subsidiary) buys home health and hospice companies outright, puts them in PeopleFirst, keeps the staff, policies, etc., due to the difficulty in getting into the market. Some pros of small business, some pros of large business. Good culture, the people are really friendly and supportive. They are serious about the flexible hours. You get the benefit package of a large company, with small company culture.

ConsYou also get the cons of both small and large companies. Like small business, there's not a lot of room for moving around the company. Like large business, there can be a lot of pressure from above and red tape.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere's unresolved conflict in company culture between each independent office, PeopleFirst, and Kindred - are you small, medium, or large? Determine whether your divisions/satellite offices are independent or not.

Watch your back. You can always get another job, but not another license.

Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsDecent pay if you advocate for it. Great flexibility for your schedule. Open door policy to call corporate for any problems, but don't expect much will occur as a result of calling.

ConsMoney is the mission. This company is part of Kindred. Which seeks singularly to increase shareholder value, i.e., profit. New grads will be asked to screen or eval patients that may not be appropriate for therapy services, and ENCOURAGED to pick up the patient if they are doubtful. Seasoned therapists have horrible job security if they are making anything above the local average hourly rate. This company will happily lose great therapists, replace with no-experience, new grads to keep budgets down. So what then happens to patient care and qaulity functional outcomes with no team experience? If you work for this company, protect your license (it's yours not theirs), enjoy excellent flexibility for time off requests, and know that no matter how well you do here with your patients, you kinda feel used for your license in exchange for pay. Working for this company was unfortunately nothing more for them than a financial transaction. "We pay you (well), you do what we say". That's fine, but once your license feels compromised, QUIT!

Advice to Senior ManagementAfter three years you gave me a plastic key chain. One year, a pen. Once I got a small stuffed animal (seriously). After 4 or 5 years a pin for my ID tag. And a photocopy of a certificate of "excellence". Please note your therapists are professionals with advance degrees. If you value your therapists, consider getting back to matching the 401(k)? Therapists are aware the services they give translate into deep profits for your company. The method for recognition with gifts seems insincere.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

The worst ever! Stay away therapist

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsBenefits are decent, cont Ed is ok

ConsOver worked understafed insisting on grouping patients that are not groupable, forcing acp modalities. It is all about the $$$. Hardly people first.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet with the program folks. Can't treat people this way. Someone will contact medicare and report what you are doing.

Burning Out

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Antonio, TX

ProsAbove average salary.
    Good continuing education opportunities.
    Good opportunities for working LOTS of overtime.

ConsI'm seeing an unfortunate pattern of Peoplefirst burning out their employees by overworking them. The program managers in this town work really long hours and expect their employees to do the same. The company is very reluctant to use contract staff to fill open positions, choosing instead to burn out their skeleton crew of employees. They micromanage the caseload and try to dictate who a therapist will see for therapy and when you may or may not discharge them. Their overall approach with staff is impersonal and cold. I'm a new employee with the company and I'm trying to give them a chance but it's not looking favorable at this point. As with many rehab companies, the productivity expectation is 90% which is always an indicator that money is more important than the quality of services provided. Let's just say the the rehab dept isn't much of a true "team" because they don't value our input or really even truly listen when we try to communicate.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour cold approach to staffing a building won't inspire loyalty. With the plethora of jobs available, we have little motivation to remain in your employment.

I would never go back to them.

COTA/L (Former Employee) Fall River, MA

ProsThey offer $500 a year for CEU's, As well as internet CEUs you can get for free within the co.
    PTO is good.
    medical and dental are ok.

ConsIt takes a long time to get reimbursed for anything, licenses, certifications, CEUs.
    Employees and pts do not come first, the money does, so make sure you bill the way they want you to.
    They buy up buildings then struggle to staff them, so good luck if you are in one of the new buildings.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet appropriate amount of staff for each building and stop burning out your staff, also you claim to pay well, however that continues to ellude most of your staff. Who is that you pay well?
    Also get a good support system for your managers, they get burned out faster than the grunt staff does.

Peoplefirst Rehabilitation

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Danvers, MA

ProsBenefits Package which includes supportive customer service staff.

ConsCompany does not compensate or recognize employees.
    They outsource their therapist from agency and there is little to none carryover.

Advice to Senior ManagementDirect your focus on recognizing the employees of Peoplefirst.
    Less time wasted on phone conferences with sound effects and invest more in employee satisfaction.

All about numbers, no positive feedback.

Rehab Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood clinical education. Resources are always available. Open door policy is actually open.

ConsAll about numbers, and definitely not about putting people first. Staffing is terrible and nothing was done about it for months and months. Burnout happens quickly. Rehab managers are forced to treat patients when it is practically impossible while managing a busy building. Almost no positive feedback from upper management when a job is well done. Good is never good enough when it comes to anything. Upper management needs to empower rehab directors instead of just being negative & pushing more numbers. They need to be more visible and have a realistic view of what is going on on the floor.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet travelers if open positions are not being filled. Be realistic about what is going on in the buildings. Give positive feedback when things are going well. Stop pushing managers to treat patients 50% of the time, or at least give them an assistant manager if this needs to be the case.

PFR

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOpportunities for continuing education are great

ConsSeemingly it is very money focussed

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate pending policy shifts in advance

Worked for Peoplefirst Rehab? Contribute to the Community!