Peoplefluent Reviews

Updated August 26, 2014
Updated August 26, 2014

3.7

Jeff Carr

Peoplefluent is an amazing place to work. It's a challenging and rewarding.

Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant

I have been working at Peoplefluent full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The company pays well, has great values, the jobs are challenging and the people I work with are great.

Cons

There can be very high workloads at times and we often overbooked on projects. This can be a good and bad. Good, because it means a bonus most of the time. Bad because I spend less time away from work with family and friends.

Hire enough people to get the work done.

Good product, insane management

I worked at Peoplefluent full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The products are good, but designed to be flashy (as opposed to functional).

Cons

Management is horrible but, luckily, you won't be stuck with him/her long, since turnover is high. There are a few true gems in the mix, but overall, they are directionless and waste time pointing fingers at each other when things go wrong.

Click the 'sort by date' to see how it's getting worse, not better. A simple 'thank you' will go a long, long way for many.

Getting better

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager  in  Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Peoplefluent full-time for more than a year

Pros

Solid base salary, company has been improving since Jeff Carr took over, rock solid talent management software, very caring and helpful folks in some areas of the business.

Cons

Tons of turnover in sales org, punitive sales environment set up by senior management, large quota versus industry average, below average commission pay structure, no opportunity for personal or professional growth, no synergy between sales, marketing, finance, development, legal.
    To be successful you must be willing to work 60-80 hours per week.

Continue to stabalize the company and sell as soon as you can.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Highest voluntary turnover of any company I've ever worked for

I worked at Peoplefluent full-time for less than a year

Pros

You can work remotely, in most cases.

Cons

You would think that all the departments are working independently of one another, as if they're all working for other companies. In the big picture they portray themselves to be all part of the family but when you lift up the skirt, you're in for a surprise. Even people on the same small team that was designed to help take sales initiatives to a new level can't communicate properly to all parties involved, you hear two different things, or in most cases nothing at all and you're left wondering what to do, only to find out a week later that what you did shouldn't have been done. People act put out when you ask for their assistance, even though you do everything you can up front to minimize the impact your request may have on their workload. But when you aren't asking for their assistance they're offering it up left and right. People here talk out of both sides of their mouth and it makes for a frustrating experience.

I can't say anything that hasn't already been said. This company is severely disconnected.

Regional Sales Manager

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I worked at Peoplefluent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Nice competitive product suite, and good base compensation.

Cons

Working remotely I was not connected to the headquarters and communication was poor. I lacked support in the field, significant changes in management over only 6 months, Territory changes 3 times within that period, and goals changed. Being a field sales rep it was a challenge to understand the direction of the company or the goals I was trying to achieve.

Support the field and employees on the West coast. There is a big disconnect between corporate and field employees.

sales was a dysfunctional organization

I worked at Peoplefluent

Pros

lack of direction and focus in the past

Cons

new management team came on...again, 2013-14

Two steps forward one step back

Former Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer  in  Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Senior Software Development Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Peoplefluent as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Team members were friendly and helpful. Fellow software developers were very receptive to learning and sharing knowledge. Was a great experience being a part of major system architectural improvements from front-end to back-end. Team members really embraced newer technologies and concepts not only in some green field development but also in actively migrating the software code base such as implementing dependency injection, adding anti-corruption layers, building up onion architecture with a focus on domain driven design. Doughnuts and breakfast sandwiches every Friday morning!

Cons

Servant leadership was seldom practiced. Thin product ownership. Not enough planning was being done. Overall it seemed like there were too many moving parts between products, systems, management, and teams with lots of room for error.

You're losing a lot of great software developers because you're not investing in them. Most every developer on our team who was hired in the past couple years has moved on because the hire portion of the contract-to-hire never happened.

Run if have any integrity at all.

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Peoplefluent full-time for less than a year

Pros

Best of Breed products stand alone ok.

Cons

Are you kidding me. Great workforce but absolutely cancerous culture and management is worst I have ever seen in business. Vision is vapor and very disconnected. Customer service only exist to get renewals then see ya till next time. Run...

Improve culture and promote brand

Lots of change since I was at this company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Peoplefluent full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great people to work with, working downtown was a perk

Cons

The department I worked in has turned over 100% since I left. Everyone that I have talked to in the last three years has talked about how bad the new management is to work for. I would never want to go back to this company.

Great company but..

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Peoplefluent as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Great co-workers and supervisors.
    Plenty of tasks and projects to work on.
    Innovative work environment.
    Cutting-edge products.

Cons

For a company who's core business is HR related, it has one of the worst HR departments I've ever worked for. PF had a couple of hiring rounds where contractors were hired with the promise that FT status was obtainable after six months of contracting. For some contractors it took 8 to 10 months to get offered FT. For the remaining contractors, no opportunities were presented and not a word from HR as to why. I consider this a lack of integrity of that department, and unfortunately it reflects on the company as a whole.

Keep hiring the great talent you've been hiring.

Worked for Peoplefluent? Contribute to the Community!