Peoplefluent

Updated January 20, 2015
Updated January 20, 2015
3.5

Jeff Carr

Pros
  • Work/Life Balance is exceptional (in 4 reviews)

• Great people to work with, very welcoming, makes starting a new job a great experience (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • No 401k match - this NEEDS to come back (in 11 reviews)

• no 401k match, company had a lot of turnover in the past (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

Direct Access

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Peoplefluent full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

It is not at every company that the senior members of management interact at all levels of the business. The CEO and Chairman are involved in the company's everyday business. Recently the Chairman came to one of the sites and presented the 3 year business plan and shared figures on growth, revenue, projections and a roadmap of how we get there. I have found at most other private companies this information is not shared or available for all to see. This sets the standard for how a company should do business and how to engage a workforce

Cons

There has been turnover but the company seems to be aware and focused on reducing attrition. Honestly, some of the attrition was needed. A 401K match would be a nice addition to the benefits package - could attract the right talent.

Keep on sharing with your employees. Focus on retaining your top talent. Continue to bring in people that can set us up for growth.

Great Colleagues - poor executive leadership

Former Employee - Project Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Peoplefluent full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great product that is supported and developed by great people.

Cons

Disconnect between executive management & their staff

Get back to what kept your employees happy and engaged prior to current ownership.

Solid place

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Peoplefluent full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Charles provides a solid innovative vision for HR software
    Immediate management is great. They successfully walk a tight line between micro-feature requests while still pushing strategic improvement.
    Teams are great. Bright and fun people to be around. Self-improvement and team-oriented attitudes are deeply ingrained.
    Work scope is engaging and stimulating. Excellent learning in what it takes to maintain and improve large software with large customer bases.

Cons

Company vision is watered down (and sometimes non-existent) in work items that make it to execution staff. Not sure at what level this happens, but there is definitely a disconnect.
    Road map is, for the most part but not in all cases, entirely client-request driven (at a small feature level) and lacks strategic initiatives.
    PM department lacks resources and has the strange position of having priority decision making authority at the sprint level, yet lacks responsibility for delivery.
    HR drags their feet. Salaries are barely in the competitive range.

Make sure the vision survives down to execution so the staff is working toward the correct goal.
    Dedicate more (preferably the larger portion) of road maps towards strategic improvements
    Hire more PM/Analysts. Move Scrum Product Owner role to engineering so the priority decision-maker also has delivery responsibility.

An amazing place to work!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Peoplefluent full-time (less than an year)

Pros

PeopleFluent is an awesome place to work. A place to have great and professional time with coworkers in a fun and exciting atmosphere.
    I first worked at PeopleFluent as a temp from a staffing organization. When a permanent position became available, they made me an offer which I happily accepted!
    In less than 6 months, I’ve seen ideas by management developed and implemented (Ideas transformed into existing realities).
    The CEO's personal interaction with employees at various level within the organization really makes my experience at work remarkable, and unforgettable.
    This certainly shows that J.C wants to work not only with satisfied but also very happy employees.

And what more shall I say? For time will fail me if I tell of my recent pay adjustment in recognition of the contributions that I have been making in my current role!!

Cons

Despite my great experience, I've also seen some cool employees depart voluntarily from the company, and I wish something could have been done to have them stay.

Continue to enrich and reward great employees that you currently have, because Success depends largely on the loyal people you employ.

Great Atmosphere....Lots of Opportunity

I have been working at Peoplefluent full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I wanted to be part of a leading organization and that is what PeopleFluent is. The people who work here are wonderful; intelligent, ambitious, motivated and care about their employees. PeopleFluent invests a lot in their training and development, which helps with personal and professional growth. Working for PeopleFluent has pushed me to work harder than I ever have in my life and PeopleFluent is quick reward their employees for their hard work.

Cons

Multiple Entities makes it confusing at times. Their benefits are not great

Great company, great Products!

I have been working at Peoplefluent full-time

Pros

PeopleFluent has great products. Great work environment with friendly employees. Great benefit offerings and compensation. Many opportunities to be promoted for your hard work and achievements. The atmosphere is fun and exciting.

Cons

There is currently no 401k match

Recognize and reward A players

High Risk Company.....potential for long-term reward

Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Peoplefluent

Pros

CEO is awesome
    Great People
    Great Products
    Great Customer Support
    Great Analyst reviews
    Product pricing is in line with the current market trends...maybe even a bit on the low side

Cons

Absolutely poor Marketing - maybe one or two leads per month....yes per month at best
    This is a Tier 3 company competing in a Tier 1 space against Cornerstone, Oracle, SAP .etc.
    The company has had ultra high attrition.
    The board of directors are micro managers: they track every call, email, appointment in SFDC.....it feels like the company is selling vinyl siding.
    Think carefully about the HR space before you commit your career to it. IT is not an easy sale because it is a cost center LOB.

Focus....100% of your efforts on Marketing (maybe revamp marketing with new blood) and build awareness at the field level. The challenge is to break through the plethora of digital noise in this HR space. Get the act together on implementation service pricing.

Excellent place to work

I have been working at Peoplefluent full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great people working on excellent products. The company is doing well and there is great morale. Free lunch on the last Friday of the month is an excellent perk!

Cons

There are some challenges as far as some teams working effectively together but this is something that is improving. Physical office space is a little glum. Cube walls impede collaboration.

Updating office facility to be more Agile/collaboration friendly (fewer cube walls, more meeting spaces) would go a long way. More conference rooms are needed.

On the right track, buck down and keep going!

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Peoplefluent full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great people, great products. The culture is very good and while everyone works hard, it's a fairly relaxed atmosphere overall. People and management are willing to listen to reason and seem to be focused on the right things. I'm not saying it's perfect, but at least they're trying hard to fix the things that are broken instead of just sweeping them under the rug. The company's financial situation is outstanding and we are doing very well in the market. Great medical, dental, and vision benefits.

Cons

No 401k match, but they are considering how to rectify this. The PTO policy is good and comparable to many companies in the area, but I have had better. There is some turnover in a few groups that is causing a bit of restlessness, but I expect that to settle down once we get those areas fully staffed. The company could do a better job of acting like one cohesive company instead of having so many differences across different groups.

Keep focusing on the right things and don't give up. Go ahead and hire those folks that are currently contractors that should be hired - it's best for them and definitely best for the company. Make more of an effort to bring the entire company together as one cohesive unit.

Dream Team Management

I have been working at Peoplefluent full-time

Pros

They have aligned the best management in the industry. Their energy and positive attitude is contagious. Everyone is here to work together and bring to market the best in the industry products. Great products & only getting better. All departments are willing to help one another. Tons of money going back into R&D to make a great offering even better. Don't hesitate to come on board if you are lucky enough to get an offer.

Cons

no 401k match, company had a lot of turnover in the past

Keep up the good work!