Peoples Bancorp (OH) Reviews

1. Great Co-Workers and Manager

Former Employee - Assistant Manager
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager

I worked at Peoples Bancorp (OH) full-time

Pros

The managers really try to foster the team feeling. My co-workers were all great and easy to get along with. They were really the only reason I stayed with the company so long.

Cons

Difficulty negotiating (and earning) worthwhile pay raises and establishing upward mobility. The sales environment and structure here is exhausting - for a relatively small, regional bank, it felt very big bank regarding customer relationships. Also, the employee incentives for CSRs and Personal Bankers are a joke, its no wonder why increasing sales and referrals while boosting and maintaining morale was difficult.

2. Abc

Current Employee - Bank Teller in Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Bank Teller in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Peoples Bancorp (OH) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

a Great place to work

Cons

Low salary, out if touch management

Advice to Management

Wages

3. OK job if you enjoy pressured sales goals

Former Employee - Universal Banker
    Former Employee - Universal Banker

I worked at Peoples Bancorp (OH)

Pros

Competitive pay in similar banking job market. Access to benefits.

Cons

High-pressure goals; responsibility for others' performance, harsh competitive (not in a progressive way!) office culture, job roles are not clearly defined during interview process and become misleading, broken promises, high turn-over rate, understaffing, emphasis on corporate image instead of family/community values.

Advice to Management

Create realistic challenging sales and performance goals, not goals that set employees up for failure from the start. Do not use scare tactics to bully supervisors or customer service associates. (This occurred many times). Reevaluate methods for hiring and firing; both processes are ineffective.

5. Great place to work

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cambridge, OH
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Cambridge, OH

I worked at Peoples Bancorp (OH)

Pros

Independence. You have the power to make decisions. You don't have a supervisor breathing down your back with very move you make. It's a pretty black and white working environment. No gray area here. You do your job,get acknowledged Don't do your job, you will be called out. They are more than willing to work with your schedule. They were very supportive with any career moves I decided to take.

Cons

Not a whole lot of advancements within the bank. I saw coworkers who had been there for years and never moved up the ladder.

Advice to Management

My branch manager was superb! I looked up to her. She was a role model for me and I can honestly say there was not one manager at my previous jobs I could say this about.

6. Adaptable and highly analytical professional.

I have been working at Peoples Bancorp (OH)

Pros

Possessing persuasive and concise communication skills coupled with a dedicated work ethic.

Cons

Results focused and self-accountable with a high level of commitment and consistent follow through.

7. Peoples Bank...A perfect career if you're waiting to retire.

I worked at Peoples Bancorp (OH)

Pros

Had a commitment to many of the communities Low pressure sales environment Above average benefits for region Wide variety of services to sell to clients

Cons

Lack of marketing and sales plan Salary levels are anemic and bonus/commission plans are laughable at best. Pay people to sell and they will. Period. Do not focus on every market effectively Senior management is clearly not honest

Advice to Management

Peoples should be nimble enough to focus on their markets independently from one another. Have opportunities available for ambitious employees to pursue.

RSS Feed </> Embed