Pep Boys

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pep Boys President, CEO, and Director Mike Odell

Mike Odell

Pros
  • I was able to learn a lot from the other employees, we worked as a team in order to complete projects(in 7 reviews)

• great start to learn about automotive(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management has no idea what goes on at the store level(in 7 reviews)

• Long hours sometimes and Communication(in 5 reviews)

I love my job!!!

Sales Support Manager (Current Employee) Sugar Land, TX

ProsThey go above and beyond on training and making sure the customer is first!

ConsFor one team stores the pay is less than desirable. You work twice as hard for not as much pay as the regular stores.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo one is saying you have to be on the same page, but at least get in the same book.

An ok place to start working at.

Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsThe people I worked with were great. I made some really great friends. Quite flexible with hours. They were very accommodating with the work hours and scheduled around my classes while I attended college.

ConsChances of getting a decent raise are slim unless you suck up to the management. I received a cumulative raise of a meager 55c while working there for 4 years. No worker at the company seemed interested in furthering the company's interest. Which is understandable seeing how unappreciated we all felt.

Advice to Senior ManagementProperly reward your employees and give some decent incentives to provide good service.

Broken Business Model

General Manager (Current Employee) Downers Grove, IL

ProsBenefits are good, General Manager position allows a lot of autonomy to make decisions.

ConsRetail side of business is going to bankrupt company. Significant negative sales trend over last 8 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementRetail and Commercial side of business needs to be sold off. Focus on service side of business.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

the one that got away

PepExpress Driver (Former Employee) New Orleans, LA

Prosgood staff and ok pay

Conslazy mangers who do nothing but eat

Advice to Senior Managementdo better work to get more work out of your staff

Fun place to work at

Gross Margin Intern (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsVery friendly, and helpful. Great place to work and advance your career

ConsCan not think of one

An ok company, little upward mobility. Promotions are chosen based on popularity.

SCRM (Former Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsThe pros are great coworker, reasonable hours and a great location. I was given the tools to do my job well and had great managerial support overall.

ConsIts an old boys club. Its hard to get promoted even when doing great work and receiving praise. I left because there wasnt a midlevel position above mine. I would have had the same job forever.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open to allowing employees top advance that arent your chums.

ok

General Service Technician (Former Employee) Saint Cloud, FL

Prosthe pay rate is pace rate so you can earn good money

Consthe managers do not respect the employs and neither to customers

A little time on the sales floor, behind the register, and at the parts counter.

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Pasadena, CA

ProsHad paid on the job training.
    The manager was a nice guy
    Gave a discount on all products in the store

ConsVery hard to get the stupid little things in an office that usually get purchased in bulk for the employees like pens and paper

Advice to Senior ManagementI didn't have a terrible time there. I would hope the company gives a little more to the stationary budget. That's all.

Great source of automotive knowledge

Commercial Sales Assistant (Current Employee) Knoxville, TN

ProsYou learn a lot about automotive, discounts on car parts, and the company prefers to promote rather than outsource

ConsHectic environment due to lack of hours allowed to be scheduled. part-timers get screwed in regards to PTO and scheduled hours. Some people should just not be managers!!

Advice to Senior Managementsend in more visitors to judge manager performance. PTO FOR ALL!! Seriously SERIOUSLY think about how stupid your hour restrictions are. Seriously my store brings in over 5 million a year and you cut us down to almost the same as our sister store that barely makes 2. Oh and P.S. A PERSON CAN NOT FREAKING LIVE ON 10-15 HOURS A WEEK YOU CON ARTISTS.

Misleading Job Title

Product Sales Manager (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsNone. The store I was at overworked employees constantly and would not work around my school schedule.

ConsEverything. Upper management has no idea what goes on at the store level

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look around and develop a better business model. The feel of your stores is like it is stuck in the 1980's. There is a reason people don't trust mechanics, and Pep Boys is one of them.

Worked for Pep Boys? Contribute to the Community!