Peppercom

Updated Mar 2, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael Dresner

Innovative company but not a true expert in digital

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsLots of opportunity to perform and take on new responsibility

ConsLack true expertise in digital world, still practicing in the world of print media

Advice to Senior ManagementHire experts

Rosemary's Baby

Account Executive (Current Employee) New York, NY

ProsFree sodas, free sodas, free sodas, ability to dress so down it looks like half the staff is going to do their laundry

ConsThe two old guys who own the place - the five really not bright partners who run the place - the mean one who throws things and yells, the tall one with a mean spirit worse then a witch, the short one with a Neapolitan complex, the beautiful one in San Francisco that is a real lady

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp the staff - see yourselves for who you are - the old guys stop luring at the young women who work there, partners well just leave the business or go work at the local supermarket

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Awful

ProsIf you like working for jerks and comedy training I guess this is the place for you.

ConsNot efficient, no one cares about employees even though they claim to (outside of a few "stars" or "golden children"), have directors who don't know or use best industry practices, people are rude.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn how to address un-professionalism in your employees and while you're at it, try it for yourselves, too. You can catch more bees with honey than vinegar.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Some nice people, but little lords and ladies jealously guard their power and make life miserable for the rest of us.

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsIt's a pretty middle of the road agency, nothing too special.

ConsDroll assortment of clients. Not open to new ideas or thinking.

nothing good

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosbeer drop fridays were fun

Consto many to list here

Advice to Senior Managementthey would not listen so no point

Good Intern Program

Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsPeppercom has a strong intern program. Interns are given a variety of tasks and get to assist with real account work. They can potentially leave with some items for a portfolio.

ConsThe management is not as transparent as they claim. Also, expectations and responsibilities are not always clearly communicated to interns. Pay was also very low for all of the work and extra hours interns put in.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore open/better communication, more clearly defined roles, particularly for interns. I also think interns should receive better compensation due to the expense of living in the NY metro area and all of the overtime most of them worked.

Strong PR boutique with great management

Account Executive (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsManagement really cares about employees, generous benefits, great accounts, room for growth, well-rounded place to work, flexible with work/life balance

ConsA little cliquey, compensation could be higher, workload occassionally unmanageable (although actively seeking solutions for employees)

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the good work and working to improve where it's needed.

Great opportunities and ability to get involved in many different areas of interest.

ProsVery supportive management and co-workers. Real team atmosphere, drive to do a great job, and willingness to help others. Desire to do innovative work and to balance that with fun work environment.

ConsCan be a lot of pressure and heavy workloads, but usually a solution found when raised. Very heavy senior management. Too much focus on client service at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementAct faster to address employee desires. Try to hire before workloads are too overwhelming. Get some more human resource support.

Peppercom

Junior Account Executive (Current Employee)

ProsGreat people, learn a lot.

ConsWork on a lot of accounts

Advice to Senior Managementkeep up the good work!

Highly stressful place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros-good salary
    -nice people
    -good experience across a variety of accounts

Cons-extremely unreasonable workload
    -a very frat/cliquey atmosphere
    -senior management out of touch with the needs of AEs and middle managers
    -preferential treatment of long-timers
    -I do not recommend working here

Advice to Senior ManagementMake an effort to tackle HR issues fairly and alleviate individual work loads.

Worked for Peppercom? Contribute to the Community!