Pepperdine University

Pepperdine University Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

Pepperdine University President Andrew K. Benton

Andrew K. Benton

Pros
  • Great atmosphere and great people(in 8 reviews)

• Beautiful campus, wonderful people work here, good mission and values(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Low pay compared to IT industry wide(in 3 reviews)

• Not much opportunity for growth within the IT department(in 2 reviews)

Great place

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Malibu, CA

ProsGreat atmosphere and great people.

ConsA little bit of Bureaucracy. Not very efficient.

Inclusive work environment with holistic care for employees

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAmazing co workers, good benefits, time off, values of the university are implemented in work environments which can help with difficult situations that may be handled unethically elsewhere.

ConsThere are some challenges surrounding growth opportunities and options to switch between departments. Many employees I knew that have been working there for years have difficult switching positions/attaining higher positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave a more structured plan for growth and development for all employees to reduce turnover.

Teacher's Assistant

Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) Malibu, CA

ProsWorking with the professor is a very rewarding experience because you get to learn so much about the subject you TA for.

ConsBeing a TA can be a very time consuming job, especially when you are a full-time student.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall, the professor that I am working with is great. He has demonstrated me to be patient and provided me with a sense of autonomy to accomplish my work.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing and steady

Proswelcoming, open, and safe place to work

ConsI don't have any for Pepp as a whole, more of just personal cons with some coworkers

Great place to be a business professor--Graziadio School of Business & Management!

Lecturer of Strategy & Entrepreneurship (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsSmall classes with top notches students. Very supportive staff and administration. Nice campuses, especially in Malibu, which is beautiful. Self-directed course development and an entrepreneurial spirit for an university. Awesome benefits and colleagues. Plenty of opportunity for ongoing self development.

ConsBe prepared to drive extensively to classes at different campuses. Not a lot of extra professor support, so be willing to do stuff yourself.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to connect faculty across disciplines more so students have a more comprehensive view of business throughout the program.

Wonderful environment, great coworkers, meaningful work

Executive Assistant (Former Employee) Malibu, CA

ProsBeautiful campus
    Great people
    High caliber employees who are both professional and personable
    Competitive salaries
    Upper-level management is authentic, enthusiastic about their work, and set a great example
    Great work-life balance

ConsCommute can be tricky-- it's not easy to get to the campus if there are any road closures.
    Salary is probably a bit lower than it would be in the corporate sector, but I still felt well-compensated, and the benefits were great.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to invest in your alumni; they are a huge asset!

Coordinator

Coordinator (Current Employee) Malibu, CA

ProsAmazing University that values it's employees and cultivates a family oriented culture

ConsTight budgets for promotions and growth

Great Work and Personal Balance

Web and Multimedia Developer (Current Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsManagement cares for the personality development of their employees, encourages workers to respect each other minimizing conflicts. Beneftis comparable to most Universities. Nice support in terms of hardware they encourage you to change your computers or devices every four years.

ConsNot a lot of promotion,

I do not see a lot of cons working for the university that is why I still work for them.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should look at employees who has been there at least 5 years and never got a title change or promotion. Base decision not only from what they hear from the immediate supervisor but overall service to the company. Ones deliverable and execution.

Community-centered environment

Project Manager (Current Employee) Malibu, CA

ProsFlexible work environment, everyone is super friendly and wants to get to know you, lots of community activities

ConsThe pay is not that great, and not a lot of room for advancement since it's a small organization.

Wonderfully enriching experience

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat people. Warm, friendly and helpful. All around decent folks. Make work enjoyable and fun.

ConsToo many marketers and too many mailings.

Advice to Senior ManagementSlash mailings. Thin the ranks of marketing department.

Worked for Pepperdine University? Contribute to the Community!