Peppers & Rogers
www.peppersandrogersgroup.com Stamford, CT 50 to 149 Employees

Peppers & Rogers Reviews

Updated Apr 15, 2014
Peppers & Rogers – Dubai – “Dubai Office”

Don Peppers

Peppers and Rogers Group is a good company.

I worked at Peppers & Rogers

ProsEMEA offices are agile and do not have the inertia that many companies are suffering. Peppers and Rogers Group employees are very good at their area and the company has a great talent pool.

ConsDue to the lack of corporate structure, long term objectives and the vision that are reflected to the employees are not consistent all the time.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think management should get back to core values and continue the thought leadership.

Post-acquisition confusion

Stamford, CT

I worked at Peppers & Rogers full-time for more than a year

ProsExcellent legacy, founding principles and methodologies. Former leadership with Don Peppers & Martha Rogers was inspiring

ConsSince acquisition by TeleTech, the firm has lost its strategic focus

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to core values and purpose

I learned the ropes of management consulting, business development, and journalism in a family-like environment.

Stamford, CT

I have been working at Peppers & Rogers as an intern for more than a year

ProsThe people who work here are very friendly and passionate about their jobs. They truly work as a team and try to provide interns with work that will advance their knowledge of the field. Interns don't just do busy work and watch other employees work; they expect you to jump right in and hold you to the same standards as anyone else.

ConsIt is very difficult to advance at this company because they are already so efficient with their limited number of staff.

A company on a mission

Norwalk, CT

I have been working at Peppers & Rogers

ProsThis management consulting company was founded by Don Peppers & Martha Rogers, who have written several books on customer relationship strategies and are still quite active in the business. It encountered hard times in the wake of the dot com bust, and sold the US portion of its business to Carlson in 2003, but in 2008 it was taken private again. The European business thrived during the five years of Carlson's ownership, and today management is trying to build up the US business once again.

What I most like about PRG is that everyone shares a sense of mission - a purpose, to help our clients become more customer-centric, more service oriented.

ConsWe are often operating on a shoe-string budget, even today, because of the poor availability of financing partners for our kind of professional services business. So we often have to refrain from investing in very cool ideas or interesting opportunities. We really are bootstrapping ourselves back to financial success, and it is a hard, tough journey.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more attention to individual consultants. Let's celebrate successes more, and provide more recognition to the worker bees who are growing this firm!

Consultant at PRG

Consultant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Peppers & Rogers

ProsProper process and fairness in performance evaluations of consultants
Open door policy for all levels of management
Flexibility in ensuring work-life balance

ConsTravel requirements and changing project locations challenge the consultants
More communication medium and channels are required
Diversity of projects would be better

Advice to Senior ManagementFirst focusing on career development of individuals
Secondly better and continuous formal communication
More clear path definition for consultants and above levels

Peppers & Rogers Group EMEA feedback

Istanbul (Turkey)

I worked at Peppers & Rogers

ProsGrowth strategy
Talented people
Customer-centricity focus - great learning opportunity
Entrepreneurial culture

ConsSwim or sink culture - poor on-boarding of new hires
Knowledge management - area for improvement
Industry expertise - strong in telecomms and banking, need more depth in other verticals
Heavy emphasis on analytics, need to also focus on change management and organization development

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement in Istanbul disconnected from client delivery issues - reach out
Need to better manage talent - consultants viewed as "resources", pay attention to individual needs
Build the brand

Worked for Peppers & Rogers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Peppers & Rogers reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Peppers & Rogers CEO Don Peppers. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by Peppers & Rogers employees.