Pepperweed

Updated Feb 8, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Patrick Stewart

Flexible company with a focus on client solutions.

Marketing (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsDepartment manager was the best that I have ever had and I now base all of my managers thereafter on his excellence.

Ability to work remote even if you are in the Pittsburgh area.

3 weeks paid vacation right off of the bat.

Chance to work with good, intelligent people.

Great exposure to the world of consulting.

ConsOnce a month pay schedules.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy only suggestion is to fix the payroll and scheduling problems, but with the recent Avnet acquisition I can't see the problems continuing.

The executive team that took this company over from it's original founders in Pittsburgh was terrible.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey brought in an excellent VP Finance and SVP Human Resources but both Pat and Ray ran them out of the company as they were committed to the employees and the financial stability of the company. Once they left the whole organization really suffered.

ConsNot sure that the individual who bought the company was ever truly aware of how poorly the two executives that he put in place to run the company managed the entire business. It felt like a house of cards. Surprised that the follow-on investors didn't bring legal action against those guys. Missed payrolls, cutting benefits, randomly letting employees go, employment discrimination charges. Surprised Avnet didn't do more due diligence on these guys.

very poor leadership, lack of integrity and knowledge of industry - yet great execution people

Executive (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

Prosexcellent people, great brand from past and relationship with HP

Consnew ownership/leadership had little knowledge of industry and commitment to real work

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Slave labor isn't cool.

Senior ESM Consultant (Current Employee) Sewickley, PA

ProsYou get to work for free at a lot of cool companies. As long as you are cool with the slave labor and the H1B aspect everything is needful.

ConsYou don't get paid. The CEO and the COO (or VP Finance depending on the day) blow smoke up your ass about why they have missed payrll for the last 2 months. Then if you complain they threaten to call ICE. At least back home this crap is against the law. If I would not lose my status I would do the needful.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome to my home. I will show you a real wage slave, not your bullsh** wage slave from Sewickley, PA. India has problems, but at least we honour our contracts.

Great job as long as you don't want to get paid

ProsYou get to work with great people on interesting assignments. This is completely offset by the criminal management team that refuses to pay their employees.

ConsPepperweed was a decent place to work until the fall of 2008. It started out missing payroll by a week. Since pay is monthly this was a lot of money. Expense reimbursement also started to be late which is a big deal for folks who travel every week. Since then pay has gotten later and later, and the excuses weaker and weaker. Worst of all management threatens anyone that complains and tell you are lucky to have a job. Then they leave on a family vacation.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have to pay your employees. It is the law. Slavery was abolished long ago. You can't get months behind and say "trust me".

Career & Credit Record Suicide - Apply Here

ESM Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsWork at home in virtual office

ConsPayroll is ONCE a MONTH and then HELD for TWO WEEKS, because it’s convenient for them and costs them less in payroll taxes.
    And for 12 months running mid 2008-mid 2009 they couldn't even make that payroll schedule on time. While the senior types go off on vacation.
    They told us we should be grateful we have jobs. Horse Manure.
    There is no career advancement unless one of the upper levels dies or moves on.
    They work you with promises of restoring pay cuts which they never restore.
    They are closed minded wanna be arm chair consultant types that live off the brains of those of us who actually know how to perform professional consulting.
    They destroyed good credit ratings with their insolvency and asinine excuses of why pay was late.
    They sold off half the company, pocketed the money, told the employees there wouldn't be pay cuts, and then levied an 8% cut on everyone. Then they go out and continue to HIRE people.
    They didn’t pay any of the penalty fees for late mortgages, etc, nor for any of the damages they incurred on to the employees Credit Records by their gross financial negligence.
    Don't commit career and credit score suicide by wasting your time and effort at Pepperweed Consulting, you will regret the hell out of it.

Advice to Senior ManagementDISBAND your sorry outfit, let the employees get paid what they are worth on a timely basis elsewhere.

Good place to work but economic issue hurting stability

Senior Technical Consultant (Current Employee)

ProsGood Name in the market
    Opportunities to move b/w 1 grp to other
    Lots of Opportunity to learn technical stuff

ConsTravel
    Financial Stability issues
    Lack of communication

Advice to Senior ManagementWithout having a solid financial base people are going to be scared and will leave

Worked for Pepperweed? Contribute to the Community!