Pepperweed Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.5
Patrick Stewart

1. Flexible company with a focus on client solutions.

Former Employee - Marketing in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Pepperweed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Department manager was the best that I have ever had and I now base all of my managers thereafter on his excellence. Ability to work remote even if you are in the Pittsburgh area. 3 weeks paid vacation right off of the bat. Chance to work with good, intelligent people. Great exposure to the world of consulting.

Cons

Once a month pay schedules.

Advice to Management

My only suggestion is to fix the payroll and scheduling problems, but with the recent Avnet acquisition I can't see the problems continuing.

2. The executive team that took this company over from it's original founders in Pittsburgh was terrible.

I worked at Pepperweed full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They brought in an excellent VP Finance and SVP Human Resources but both Pat and Ray ran them out of the company as they were committed to the employees and the financial stability of the company. Once they left the whole organization really suffered.

Cons

Not sure that the individual who bought the company was ever truly aware of how poorly the two executives that he put in place to run the company managed the entire business. It felt like a house of cards. Surprised that the follow-on investors didn't bring legal action against those guys. Missed payrolls, cutting benefits, randomly letting employees go, employment discrimination charges. Surprised Avnet didn't do more due diligence on these guys.

3. very poor leadership, lack of integrity and knowledge of industry - yet great execution people

Former Employee - Executive in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Executive in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Pepperweed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

excellent people, great brand from past and relationship with HP

Cons

new ownership/leadership had little knowledge of industry and commitment to real work

5. Career & Credit Record Suicide - Apply Here

Current Employee - ESM Consultant
    Current Employee - ESM Consultant

Pros

Work at home in virtual office

Cons

Payroll is ONCE a MONTH and then HELD for TWO WEEKS, because it’s convenient for them and costs them less in payroll taxes. And for 12 months running mid 2008-mid 2009 they couldn't even make that payroll schedule on time. While the senior types go off on vacation. They told us we should be grateful we have jobs. Horse Manure. There is no career advancement unless one of the upper levels dies or moves on. They work you with promises of restoring pay cuts which they never restore. They are closed minded wanna be arm chair consultant types that live off the brains of those of us who actually know how to perform professional consulting. They destroyed good credit ratings with their insolvency and asinine excuses of why pay was late. They sold off half the company, pocketed the money, told the employees there wouldn't be pay cuts, and then levied an 8% cut on everyone. Then they go out and continue to HIRE people. They didn’t pay any of the penalty fees for late mortgages, etc, nor for any of the damages they incurred on to the employees Credit Records by their gross financial negligence. Don't commit career and credit score suicide by wasting your time and effort at Pepperweed Consulting, you will regret the hell out of it.

Advice to Management

DISBAND your sorry outfit, let the employees get paid what they are worth on a timely basis elsewhere.

6. Good place to work but economic issue hurting stability

Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Consultant

Pros

Good Name in the market Opportunities to move b/w 1 grp to other Lots of Opportunity to learn technical stuff

Cons

Travel Financial Stability issues Lack of communication

Advice to Management

Without having a solid financial base people are going to be scared and will leave

RSS Feed </> Embed