Pepsi Bottling

Be The First To
Add Photos

Pepsi Bottling President and CEO Eric J. Foss

Eric J. Foss

Pros
  • Good pay and benefits for company located in(in 14 reviews)

• Pepsi has good pay and benefits compared to it's rivals in Alaska(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance leaves much to be desired for the majority of the workforce(in 18 reviews)

• Long hours, and not enough people to cover the workload(in 33 reviews)

A wonderful learning experience

Seasonal Merchandiser (Former Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsThe ability to work and interact with customers was essential to my customer service experience. Also, working within PepsiCo was a team oriented job.

ConsPepsiCo required every employee to live and operate by the "customers are always right" motto and sometimes, the customers were completely wrong.

Current Warehouse Employee

Laborer (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsPotential for earnings is good if you are "one of the guys".

ConsBeing female in a warehouse, you and your work get over looked. It's a "good old boys network". It's not what you know, it's who you know!

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvance people based on knowledge and work ethic. Create a system to RECOGNIZE whose actually adding the value, not who's taking credit for it. There are a lot of credit grabbers in this company. I'm shocked! Also, when an employee emails a senior human resource manager when there isn't one at the location where you work, that person should at least reply. Ridiculous! Do I have to contact corporate to get information?

World Class Company

ProsGreat team building organization for all.

ConsContinued downsizing and increasing of work loads

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I have learned a Lot in my time at Pepsi

Merchandiser (Current Employee) Rock Hill, SC

ProsPay, Benifits,meeting many people from differnt wals of life, my supervisors are easy to deal with,and my co worker are nice.

Consworking every weekend and holidays. Early start time

In good company

Merchandiser (Former Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsThe pros of working for PBG were decent wage, benefits and a supportive team base.

ConsThe only con would be using personal vehicle to merchandise stores.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagers should look into small trucks for merchandisers.

Different Divisions Have Different Work Environment

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

Prosexcellent benefits, excellent perks with the job, a lot of positive people just trying to make it day to day. training could us to help on the bottler side. as an outside sales rep you do not get a fell for the office environment.

Consyour personal time is no longer yours. management is not always the best communicator. I went from foodservice to the bottle side and it was everything I heard. Too much stress not enough time not enough positive feed back.

Advice to Senior Managementcommunication is key. My particular manager needed help in that department. He definitely improved the year I was working with him but it still was not up to par.

Too much work

ProsGreat Brands. Well Known Products

ConsSuper long days. No career path.

Faced paced but rewarding

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat perks
    Great recognition
    Opportunity for advancement
    Passionate culture

ConsEverything scorecarded
    24/7
    Underpaid
    Interaction with Retail Customers

Good for experience, Management is disconnected from the front line employees.

Reset Specialist (Former Employee) Modesto, CA

ProsDecent pay
     Decent benefits
    Good coworkers
    Given the tools and training to do your job
    Well known company brand

ConsManagement who is disconnected from the front line employees
    Work/life balance is awful
    Very political
    No room to advance unless you are someones friend/relative
    Not paid for most of your overtime, but expected to work it anyway

Advice to Senior ManagementRealize that upper management/supervisors aren't who are merchandising/selling/delivering your product, it's your front line employees. Supervisors are inept at best.

It was a really good experience and I am thankful for I have gained during my contract here.

Technical Support Analyst (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsCompensation was on par for experience. The leadership gave great direction even in the most complicated of situations.

ConsBeing a contractor I was not given administrator rights. This made setting up the new laptops and desktops a little more complicated. However I found many ways to overcome this issue.

Worked for Pepsi Bottling? Contribute to the Community!